User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-28-2013, 06:15 PM   #2686
TwilightZone
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,684
> "Milsaps is the real deal alright. His pass of RV in the heat was sick! "

I think RV let Milsaps go by in the prelim heat... and followed him around to watch his lines.
I imagine in the event that he might need to pass him later on in the main.

Watch the pass... RV just slows down, then speeds up to follow Millsaps.

IMHO: RV = one hell of a smart guy.
Old 04-28-2013, 06:21 PM   #2687
1greenmachine
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 570
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlsoRan View Post
I think they were all running as hard as they could, just with the track being somewhat one-lined there was nothing left. Maybe through the whoops but they could not get close enough. I think R.V. would have preferred a little more gap on second. Nice mistake-free race by the top 3!
I don't doubt they were giving it their all, just RV didn't let the pressure push him into over riding and causeing a crash or something, definetly think he'd have preferred his usual like 8 second lead.
1greenmachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 08:16 PM   #2688
AlsoRan
Lone Trail Of Dust

Oddometer: 384
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1greenmachine View Post
I don't doubt they were giving it their all, just RV didn't let the pressure push him into over riding and causeing a crash or something, definetly think he'd have preferred his usual like 8 second lead.
+1...smart ride under pressure.
Old 04-29-2013, 05:59 AM   #2689
GotMojo?
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,107
After Milsaps performance in the heat race, I thought for sure he would pull out a win in the main and make it interesting for Vegas. RV had a different plan though and took control of the race in turn 1 when he made that quick pass to take the lead. It will be interesting to see if he can make it 4 championships in a row next season... has anybody else done that? I know he's now in elite company with 3 in a row, but I predict a 4th if he can stay healthy. The guy is pretty damn dominant right now... even when he looks like he might not be the fastest in qualifying and the heat race, he still manages to pull out wins in the main event when it counts.
GotMojo? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 07:36 AM   #2690
Foot dragger
singletracker

Oddometer: 12,626
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbarmy View Post
Nice job by Jason Anderson,tho you wouldn't know it by Speed's coverage of the sketchy ride by Tomac.And I hope Roczen wins the title but,WHAT A DOUCHE! WTF?Hell of a battle in the 450's,Sheheens still an assbag.
Roczen pitching a fit and pulling off 2 laps early in his heat is NOT what an employer wants to see,wobbling around prior to that like a newby squid was strange as well. Then he whined like a schoolgirl when interviewed.
I gotta say Erin rushing up to interview guys when they've just had probably their worst race of the year is a little un-neccesary.
Roczen just rode away from her,it was a good tactic.

But,Tomac didnt do much better at playing pro racer,it was a strange night for the 250 points leaders.

That was a funny choppy little track,ultra short start straight made for desperate times for many.
No place for a 450 to really get on it.
Old 04-29-2013, 07:40 AM   #2691
Foot dragger
singletracker

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotMojo? View Post
After Milsaps performance in the heat race, I thought for sure he would pull out a win in the main and make it interesting for Vegas. RV had a different plan though and took control of the race in turn 1 when he made that quick pass to take the lead. It will be interesting to see if he can make it 4 championships in a row next season... has anybody else done that? I know he's now in elite company with 3 in a row, but I predict a 4th if he can stay healthy. The guy is pretty damn dominant right now... even when he looks like he might not be the fastest in qualifying and the heat race, he still manages to pull out wins in the main event when it counts.
Davi is fun to watch,he is so smooth and just floats the bike around the track,he drag races through the whoops hitting the good lines or passing on bad lines,smooth and fast and interviews like a regular guy.
He looks strong on the track. I hope he does great Outdoors!
Old 04-29-2013, 11:24 AM   #2692
kingby
Adventurer

Oddometer: 85
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotMojo? View Post
It will be interesting to see if he can make it 4 championships in a row next season... has anybody else done that?
Jeremy McGrath - 93, 94, 95, 96

He then lost it in 97, but got it back in 98, 99 and 2000
kingby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 11:39 AM   #2693
brents347
Trusting my Cape...

Oddometer: 3,477
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingby View Post

Thanks for that refresher. It is good to remember that as we think of Villopotos place in the list of all time greats.

It is interesting, but I don't think most people (myself included) think of RV2 as one of the truly greats yet. But based on the titles, how can we not? And as someone pointed out, were it not for the big crash and broken leg while battling Dungey in 2010 (RV was leading the points slightly, no?), RV2 may already be a 4 time consecutive champ!

No one doubts Mcgraths place as the SX king, and yet he is currently being matched by a kid we don't hold in the same regard. It will be interesting, with RV's seemingly declining interest in the importance of motorcycle racing in his life, to see how long he continues to ride and whether he will continue to win titles.

01 Kawasaki KE100
74 Honda MR50
brents347 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 12:55 PM   #2694
RedRocket
Yeah! I want Cheesy Poofs

Oddometer: 19,105
Quote:
Originally Posted by brents347 View Post
Thanks for that refresher. It is good to remember that as we think of Villopotos place in the list of all time greats.

It is interesting, but I don't think most people (myself included) think of RV2 as one of the truly greats yet. But based on the titles, how can we not? And as someone pointed out, were it not for the big crash and broken leg while battling Dungey in 2010 (RV was leading the points slightly, no?), RV2 may already be a 4 time consecutive champ!

No one doubts Mcgraths place as the SX king, and yet he is currently being matched by a kid we don't hold in the same regard. It will be interesting, with RV's seemingly declining interest in the importance of motorcycle racing in his life, to see how long he continues to ride and whether he will continue to win titles.

Not in the same regard because he's not a "show time!" Rider?
He just gets the job done with no fanfare surrounding him.
RedRocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 12:59 PM   #2695
skwidd
where does this lead?

Oddometer: 16,416
Quote:

RV is tough enough to ride the men's series also, not just SX.

'02 BN125 Eliminator, oversize 150 rear tire, 1 down on the front sprocket, Amsoil full synthetic race oil, dual gremlin bells
skwidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 02:14 PM   #2696
PeteN95
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,492
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1greenmachine View Post
It did seem like RD and DM were alternating on turning up the speed to catch RV? One than the other would seem faster, but RV just stayed consistent and ahead?

SVN/XRR/Christini
PeteN95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 03:01 PM   #2697
TwilightZone
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,684
>"It did seem like RD and DM were alternating on turning up the speed to catch RV? One than the other would seem faster, but RV just stayed consistent and ahead? "

Late stages of the series... if RD and DM crashed, the season was pretty much over for them. They were banking on RV making a mistake or slowing up. He didn't.

Betcha the other mfgs would like to get their hands on DM's suspension.
Masterful tuning for the whoops, but hmmm... I wonder if there were other suspension issues that would cost him some time elsewhere. Dunno.

Interesting stuff.
Old 04-29-2013, 03:15 PM   #2698
Foot dragger
singletracker

Quote:

Maybe because McGrath had a natural outgoing personality and a flair for riding with lots of style.

RV wins races and leaves it at that.
Old 04-29-2013, 03:17 PM   #2699
Foot dragger
singletracker

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingby View Post

Ah Yes,the ill fated Suzuki year in 97. And it was close then,he nearly won it but for a fluke mechanical.

Winning 7 times total is a tough one to beat.
Old 04-29-2013, 03:52 PM   #2700
ADK OP
_____

Oddometer: 8,089
Cool2

Rumor has it that McGrath threw the title or it would have been an automatic contract extension with Suzuki.
I agree with those who think RV is just more reserved.
DM's suspension advantage in the whoops is his height.
ADK is offline   Reply With Quote