Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > GSpot > GS Boxers
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-29-2013, 09:25 AM   #16
Iron Rey
Oh shit, not him!

Oddometer: 816
I have about 3K on my Anakee 3's, on wet cold pavement much better, mud is a push, twisty's adequate (if you ride the twisties get a more sport tire, your bung hole will thank you) dry gravel and dirt an improvement, as compared to Anakee 2's and Tourance EXP's
1981 CB900C
I'm not a glass half empty or full guy, I am just happy to have the damn glass!
Iron Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 01:50 PM   #17
lulo
Cochino Aventurero

Oddometer: 1,118
I don't mean to start a shitpot but....I had a set of a3's on my gsa for the last 2k, on road as everyone commented theyre very well planted, wet is ok although the 2's felt to me a bit more predictable once you started to push on turns....off road, well that's another story, im completely disappointed in them, if the bike is completely upright traction is ok but once you start to transition thru turns traction just falls ff the deep end, w the 2s I could feel the grip on the edges, I could settle the bike coming hard into a turn slightly tip in and modulate the rear around the turn w the throttle, this a3 wont let me do that, if I push the front ever so slightly it immediately looses traction and wants to wash out from under me.

little time after I got them I saw they were coming out with this anakee wild model and then it cliqued in my head, they discontinued the 2 and split the segment into 2 groups, the more street oriented A3's for the very occasional dirt traveler and the Awild for the more dirt oriented riders....I may be wrong but seems very apparent
Old 04-30-2013, 05:48 PM   #18
otbmf
otbmf

Oddometer: 68
thanks re Mitas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockmuncher View Post
Just ordered a set of Mitas E-07s and I'm looking forward to that. $250 delivered tax included. Almost $200 cheaper than K-60s and good reviews.
Hey Rockmuncher - thanks for the heads up on those, hadn't thought about them, but they look like they're worth a try - pls put up a post once you've got some miles on 'em

Sorry OP OldHippy if this is a bit of a 'jack
otbmf is offline   Reply With Quote