User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-29-2013, 07:48 PM   #1
Domiken OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 643
Lean Angle Jeans - Finally protective jeans I would wear!

Hi Everyone,

This is my official vendor thread for our brand new Lean Angle Jeans. There's a very long thread discussion on Kevlar® jeans on this forum and on many others and being that this is my favorite forum of all I wanted to share with you guys the project I have been working on for almost 2 years.

Over a year ago, my father (fellow rider and a man now retiring from the garment industry) and I sat down and discussed as riders, what would make a good protective garment in the denim space. The typical things popped up in our conversation, we want protection, aesthetics, comfort, and durability without looking like you're going to carpentry class or auditioning for an 80's music video. So to keep things short, we came up with our own protective jeans.

I know the folks on this site are big critics (and so am I) so we took a lot of things into account from several forums, fellow riders, ourselves, and did a lot of testing while considering the current market offerings. We tapped into my fathers lifetime connections (textiles, manufacturers, designers, etc..) and the end result has been excellent.

We have been very busy and our website will be launching by the end of next week, so I took a few pictures so you guys can get an idea:

We wanted to make sure rider safety was our main focus while maintaining a fashionable appearance, so we went with FULL front and rear protection (no panels, seams etc..). The inside liner is made up of a special Kevlar®/Ultra High Molecular Weight Polyethylene blend to protect against abrasion typically associated with a motorcycle accident. We also wanted to protect against impact in the hips and knees and include it with our product, so we partnered up with Forcefield Body Armour in the UK to supply us with the armor. We wanted comfortable, flexible, lightweight, and breathable armor that molds to your body parts that is not bulky, clunky, or uncomfortable and Forcefield met our criteria perfectly.

The spec sheet of the jeans are below:

PROTECTION
-100% Kevlar®/UHMWPE blend (inner lining) - front and back
-Forcefield Body Armour - Adjustable knee and hip pads included (CE Approved) -http://www.forcefieldbodyarmour.com/
-Double Safety Stitching

COMFORT
-Classic comfort fit (straight leg)
-Premium 12.5oz Comfort Stretch Denim (Outer shell - 98% cotton, 2% spandex)
-Deep front pockets
-Armor pockets are silky soft stretchy mesh
-Moisture wicking sports liner
-Thick YKK Zipper
-True to size fitment
-Semi boot cut

SIZES
Inseam: 32, 34, 36
Waist: 28, 30, 32, 34, 36, 38, 40, 42

Jeans flipped inside out

As you can see in the picture above, there is a moisture wicking sports liner that covers the inside protective liner to make it even more comfortable when putting on the jeans. The armor pockets are made of a very thin but strong/flexible breathable mesh to let the armor breathe. The knee armor has velcro on one side, and so do the jeans. The adjustable armor clamps on very tightly to the jeans via the velcro, it does not move around in the pocket.

You can clearly see the moisture wicking fabric and the Kevlar®/UHMWPE blend (yellow and white threads).

This is what you would receive when you order from us:

TESTING
We sent the jeans to TÜV Rheinland in Germany to test for Personal Protective Equipment for the CE Mark EN 13595-2 LEVEL 2 (abrasion, impact, burst tests) and we passed the tests , we are currently pending CE mark EN 13595-2.

We are currently offering the jeans in Indigo blue with a slight wash and a dark blue wash with wrinkles.

The retail price for these jeans will be $259.99 + shipping. but I will be giving ADV inmates a 20% discount for the month of May 2013. You can also get in contact with us at sales@leananglejeans.com.

Our site is not up just yet, we do have a verified PayPal address, you can pm me and I can shoot you over a PayPal invoice.

Feel free to ask any questions and thanks for checking out the brand new Lean Angle Jeans.

Domiken screwed with this post 04-30-2013 at 11:15 AM
Domiken is offline   Reply With Quote