Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-02-2013, 12:14 AM   #91
eakins
Butler Maps

Oddometer: 16,714
Quote:
Originally Posted by BordenBmw View Post
From what I've been reading over the last few months, they are as good off-road but better and not as noisy on road; Michelin says then are better off road by 10 % and 20% better mileage. I don't think you can go wrong with the Anakee 3 if you are looking for a replacement for the Anakee 2.
thanks. many have looking at that tire's design and reading Michelin saying they are better by 10% in the dirt (than the 2) and thinking
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=598717
Facebook - please come follow us:
https://www.facebook.com/butlermaps
eakins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 02:15 AM   #92
Kenbike
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 556
just got a set for the Tenere and they mounted very easy, will put them to the test this Saturday.
Old 04-10-2013, 04:51 PM   #93
pappito
Adventurer

Oddometer: 54
just got a set for my XT600e after the factory Trail Wing set which worn out and started to lose the grip. I am commuting, almost never ride on gravel, 99% tarmac so there isn't much selection in my size.

The new Anakees were in the shop, I gave them a chance :) I am happy with them so far (less than 100kms tho) they are giving really good grip and control on tarmac. The braking power ws a surprise but after a worn-out tyre everything new is magic :)

The wet season is in the corner (southern hemisphere) I am curious about the wet performance.
pappito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 02:49 PM   #94
R1200GSA
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 330
I am loving mine thus far. I put them them on before a nearly 2000 mile rider over Easter Weekend.

Very grippy in dry and in wet corners (cloudcroft, nm) and very smooth while rolling. They also are holding up very nice too, as it was a very high speed run for those nearly 2000 miles that Friday & Saturday. There is very little wear visible.

Anakee 3's as delivered.

Front compared to a new (old style though) Tourance, and Old Ankee 2 and old Karoo.

Front on the bike after installed.

Rears compared, Karoo, Tourance & Anakee 3

Rear on the bike after installed.

I have only 2500 miles on them now in less than a month of use, but so far so good.

EDIT: I just went to the garage and took these pics so you can see what 2,468 miles looks like on them.

Old 04-15-2013, 07:55 AM   #95
BluWolf
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 191
I am trying to get a set of these put on my bike for a trip down to the dragon next month. My shop is telling me he can only find these tires with a bias front and a radial rear.

Does anyone know if there is an issue with this config or if there is a way to order matched biad or radial.

(FYI, I am an idiot when it comes to tires so please don't point out that I don't know what I am talking about. I know this already.)
BOA #166285
BluWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 11:55 AM   #96
BordenBmw
TheFrenchRider

Oddometer: 695
What size to you need? If they are for the r1200gs than the H and V rated are both Radial.

http://www.michelinmotorcycle.com/in...?event=anakee3

SIZES
Front

Rear

100/90-19 57H120/90-17 64S
110/80R19 59H130/80R17 65S
120/70R19 60V130/80R17 65H
110/80R19 59V140/80R17 69H
90/90-21 54S150/70R17 69H
90/90-21 54H150/70R17 69V
90/90-21 54V170/60R17 72V

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluWolf View Post
I am trying to get a set of these put on my bike for a trip down to the dragon next month. My shop is telling me he can only find these tires with a bias front and a radial rear.

Does anyone know if there is an issue with this config or if there is a way to order matched biad or radial.

(FYI, I am an idiot when it comes to tires so please don't point out that I don't know what I am talking about. I know this already.)
Old 04-16-2013, 08:46 AM   #97
BluWolf
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 191
OK I got the answer.

Apparently they don't make 21" tires in radial. I am sure there is some sort of engineering explanation for this.

Michelin says it is fine to mix a bias front with a radial rear. Just not the other way around.

I am on a F800GS so I need 90/90V-21 front and a 150/70V-17 rear.
BOA #166285
BluWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 10:16 AM   #98
bross
Where we riding to?

Oddometer: 4,058
Quote:
OK I got the answer.

Apparently they don't make 21" tires in radial. I am sure there is some sort of engineering explanation for this.

Michelin says it is fine to mix a bias front with a radial rear. Just not the other way around.

That was the way the old (single) BMW F650GS came from the factory.
bross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 11:12 AM   #99
Mobiker
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,371
Quote:
OK I got the answer.

I just put a 130/80-17 on the back of my '88 GS to replace a Scorpion Trail that was wore out. Have a 90/90-21 Pirelli scorpion on the front. I've only ridden about 50 miles so far, but seem to handle fine. Michelin said mixing radial/bias was ok and their 2013 fitment chart recommends this mix for my bike. One dealer I talked to wasn't sure and didn't think it was a good idea. The dealer I bought from rattled off a list of biles that come form the factory this way and said no problem. Go for it.
Mobiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 07:36 AM   #100
Stoney911
Moto Nerd

Oddometer: 3
Anakee 3

Had mine on for a few weeks! Loved the 2's and that's why I got the 3's. Replaced heidneau k76. They rock! Super sticky so far. Good in rain and was hovering around 0c the other day. No issues. Riding down to San Diego in two weeks. That will be the real test. Give you guys a heads up on how they perform. So far so good.
Stoney911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 02:43 PM   #101
MingRidesBikes
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 170
Anyone else with some real mileage on the anakee 3's yet? I just picked up a new to me 07 Caponord. The beast is heavy and she'll be manly used for commuting, riding two up, touring, and camping. With that said, the Tourances on the bike are the OEM tires that came on the bike I believe. Just hit 10000 miles today! I'm not needing 10000 miles out of the anakee 3's if they provide better performance than the tourances. I love the longevity that tourances have, but I'd rather trade out a bit, for better grip in the corners, and in the dirt. (fire roads, gravel roads, and hard pack dirt.) Thanks in advance guys!
MingRidesBikes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 03:36 PM   #102
jrozar
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 597
I put 2200 miles on mine on road last month from Las Vegas to San Ignacio Springs Baja and also 200 miles offroad in Death Valley this month!

I love them......
jrozar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 06:40 PM   #103
PFFOG
Richard Alps-aholic

Oddometer: 1,746
Quote:
Originally Posted by MingRidesBikes View Post
Anyone else with some real mileage on the anakee 3's yet? !
A week from now I should have a good estimate. I am in the Smokey's where only twice in the last 6 years a set of new tires was not bald edge to edge in 10 days.

Richard
PFFOG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 07:33 AM   #104
swampyvt
n00b

Oddometer: 3
Copied my post from the S10 Forum.

I just managed to take pictures of my tires. The Anakees shown have 6k on them. We just got back from the MotoGP in Austin by way of NJ, PA, MD, WV, VA, NC, SC, NC, SC, GA, AL, FL, AL, MS, LA, TX, OK, AR, MO, IL, KY, VA, WV, MD, PA, NJ. :)) The bike was loaded heavy for all of the miles ridden. Both panniers, a top box and a dry bag on the passenger seat were all full and definetaly overweight.

Impressions...

On road these tires feel much better than the Anakee 2s. Cornering at high speed in twisties is excellent. We were riding fast enough to feather the edges of the tires and at no point did it feel unstable. On the highway the tires are definitely a nicer ride. Rain performance was also excellent as I got caught in what I would consider "monsoon" weather. I also rode ~70 miles of dirt and gravel roads and they performed with no issues.

The tires look like they have a lot of miles left but only time will tell..

The front tire looks much more worn than the rear.

Rear.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2
swampyvt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 07:40 AM   #105
MingRidesBikes
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 170
Quote:
Originally Posted by swampyvt View Post

Impressions...

On road these tires feel much better than the Anakee 2s. Rain performance was also excellent as I got caught in what I would consider "monsoon" weather. I also rode ~70 miles of dirt and gravel roads and they performed with no issues.

The tires look like they have a lot of miles left but only time will tell..

I think I may purchase these for my Capo. From every post of people that have actually ridden on these tires they seem favorable to the anakees 2 and tourances (in the fact that most post perfer anakees over tourances anyway). Only question I've seen that had negative feedback about the tire, is when leaned over in dirt/gravel. Does the bike handle and track well, or does the front end push and plow, and the rear not hook up? I'm mainly going to be on maintained fire roads, and loose gravel roads. Front end plow is really my biggest concern.
MingRidesBikes is offline   Reply With Quote