Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Racing
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-29-2013, 09:45 AM   #2146
doyle
RallyRaidReview-ing

Oddometer: 23,004
I think "speculation" being the key word. Also I think there is an overestimation of the French connection as Cyril has little historical connection to Yamaha.
Old 04-30-2013, 12:59 AM   #2147
ferals5
f5eral

Oddometer: 1,017
Sooo....this has gone on long enough...if CdP can't get his act together and choose his ride I think teamF5 should make a clear decision for him...

we need a vote button...
ferals5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 01:48 AM   #2148
JMo (& piglet)
Dakar Dazed

Oddometer: 3,441
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferals5 View Post
Sooo....this has gone on long enough...if CdP can't get his act together and choose his ride I think teamF5 should make a clear decision for him...

we need a vote button...
We'll have a spare second seat on the Rally Raid LC4-50 team... we could certainly do with a few Euro's towards the campaign!

Jx
JMo (& piglet) is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 02:47 AM   #2149
ferals5
f5eral

Oddometer: 1,017
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMo (& piglet) View Post
We'll have a spare second seat on the Rally Raid LC4-50 team... we could certainly do with a few Euro's towards the campaign!

Jx
so we add a 'few Euros' button then....

of course jenny he would be the water carrier
ferals5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 07:26 AM   #2150
auguzt
4ever n00b

Oddometer: 369
Yea.. But I wouldn't expect much from him if you get stuck in... let's say... mud?

Just kiddin'...
Old 04-30-2013, 10:31 AM   #2151
silentwolf
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 190
Just some eyecandy that's in this week's Cyclenews: Enjoy.

silentwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 01:33 PM   #2152
too old
Keen supporter

Oddometer: 2,624
Quote:
Originally Posted by silentwolf View Post
Just some eyecandy that's in this week's Cyclenews: Enjoy.

]
Funny how the press get it wrong - the picture is at Yas for the ADDC, but the reference is to Quinn Cody, who wasn't entered there but in Qatar 2 weeks later - that was Speedy's bike
too old is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 07:46 AM   #2153
silentwolf
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 190
Quote:
Originally Posted by too old View Post
Funny how the press get it wrong - the picture is at Yas for the ADDC, but the reference is to Quinn Cody, who wasn't entered there but in Qatar 2 weeks later - that was Speedy's bike
I thought something felt out of of place, so that would make sense. I wonder if it was an assumption on the editor's part or just a mistake? I'm tempted to write to the editors but it's not my info... Maybe it's the bike that Cody was given for Qatar two weeks later?
silentwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 10:38 AM   #2154
doyle
RallyRaidReview-ing

Oddometer: 23,004
Quote:
Originally Posted by silentwolf View Post
I thought something felt out of of place, so that would make sense. I wonder if it was an assumption on the editor's part or just a mistake? I'm tempted to write to the editors but it's not my info... Maybe it's the bike that Cody was given for Qatar two weeks later?
Apparently Speedbrain brought 2 bikes to Abu Dhabi and moved them over to Qatar. There was mention that Quinn's pace was somewhat hampered by Barreda's set up since Barreda is some 50 pounds lighter. That tells me that Quinn used Barreda's bike from Abu Dhabi in Qatar but either way, a little journalistic double checking should have the editor's clearly seeing "Goncalves" on the seat and "Yas Marina" in the background.
Old 05-01-2013, 03:55 PM   #2155
wrk2surf
on the gas or brakes

Oddometer: 6,457
Gerrard Farres has close call

Today at 11am in the morning I had a serious accident when entrenava with the road bike. I hit a buggy front mind a change of esting. Luckily today was not my day and I can tell because when I crashed into the front glass of the helmet buggy impact braking like a watermelon splitting. I lost consciousness and I have had to sew 3 holes in the head and back and God willing tomorrow saldre Hospital.
Thank the person of the buggy all your help, stopping and calling has help me urgently to Catalan police and medical services have been super fast and I have tried to wonder. Many thanks to them also. The truth is that today I really looked at the importance of bike helmet, as it seems to do nothing but today has saved my life. A big kiss for my family and friends and now I have made ​​you suffer over the account and strong hug to all!

Hoy a las 11h de la mañana he tenido un grave accidente cuando entrenava con la bicicleta de carretera. He chocado frontal mente con un buggy en un cambio de resante. Por suerte hoy no era mi dia y puedo contarlo ya que cuando he chocado contra el cristal delantero del buggy el casco a frenado el impacto partiéndose como una sandía. He perdido el conocimiento y me han tenido que coser 3 agujeros en la cabeza y espalda y si dios quiere mañana saldre del Hospital.
Agradecer a la persona del buggy toda su ayuda, parando ha ayudarme y llamando urgentemente a los mossos d'esquadra y a los servicios medicos que han venido super rapido y me han tratado de maravilla. Mil gracias a ellos tambien. La verdad es que hoy he visto muy de cerca la importancia que tiene el casco de bici, ya que parece que no hacen nada pero hoy me ha salvado la vida. Un beso muy fuerte para mi familia y amigos ya que hoy los he hecho sufrir mas de la cuenta y un Fuerte abrazo a todos!!!

Thanks for the 2015 support: BELL HELMETS, SCOTT USA, Kriega USA, SEATCONCEPTS.COM , Galfer USA, Carbon-pro.com, GPR stabilzers, Sidi/Motonation, Masters paint and body, Magura , Motolab , Loctite and Dunlop tires .
wrk2surf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 02:16 PM   #2156
schattat
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,419
Quote:
Originally Posted by doyle View Post
Apparently Speedbrain brought 2 bikes to Abu Dhabi and moved them over to Qatar. There was mention that Quinn's pace was somewhat hampered by Barreda's set up since Barreda is some 50 pounds lighter. That tells me that Quinn used Barreda's bike from Abu Dhabi in Qatar but either way, a little journalistic double checking should have the editor's clearly seeing "Goncalves" on the seat and "Yas Marina" in the background.
Indeed it was Barreda's bike from DC, pretty much just swapped the seat and increased the steering angle (QC wanted more, but it was hard on the limit already )

Yamaha WR450F Rallye Spec
schattat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 05:27 AM   #2157
tehdutchie
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,778
I hear Husky will be running new Dakar team for 2014-2015 with Despres as a lead rider...
Old 05-05-2013, 08:03 AM   #2158
Goofy1
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 393
Quote:
Originally Posted by tehdutchie View Post
I hear Husky will be running new Dakar team for 2014-2015 with Despres as a lead rider...
Please, oh please let there be some meat to this rumor. OK, I'll go with Husky having a new Rallye team even without CD.
Old 05-05-2013, 08:18 AM   #2159
Balkan Boy
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 918
I heard Cyril Desperes and Laia Sanz are getting married and GasGas is building a team around them.
Balkan Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 09:06 AM   #2160
Bluebull2007
Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,018
That's it....

Despres-gate

Bluebull2007 is online now   Reply With Quote