Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-30-2013, 03:36 PM   #4561
Buckshot77
Adventurer

Oddometer: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dago52 View Post
For some reason I cannot access BDSB's Honda section on their website. But, I removed the snorkel and unplugged my O2 sensor. I did feel a difference with the O2 sensor unplugged.

My mods are: EJK Programmer, FMF Q4 muffler, Megabomb Header, backfire screen removed, 13/43 Sprockets.
That's what I did as well / all the same mods here besides the rear sprocket.Did you happen to notice any backfiring on deceleration? I may have to up my cruise fuel.
Buckshot77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 03:56 PM   #4562
Dago52
Adventurer

Oddometer: 58
I do notice a little bit of backfiring but only when I'm decelerating.
Old 04-30-2013, 04:09 PM   #4563
Buckshot77
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon805 View Post
just ordered Q4. Very excite. Can't wait to dump this load that is my exhaust can onto the garage floor.

Who wants to loan me their fuel programmer hmmm??? In exchange, I will supply
Hang onto that exhaust..quick change and its ready for close to and in town stuff,trust me the q4 is loud enough to get some pretty dirty looks.
It's nice when close to homes to be so quiet. Zip,zip,zip. The q4 roars compared,in the middle of nowhere where no one will be bothered its awesome! that's my plan anyway.

Drop by I'll lend you my tuner. Lol
Old 04-30-2013, 04:19 PM   #4564
Buckshot77
Adventurer

Quote:
I do notice a little bit of backfiring but only when I'm decelerating.
Cool, thanks
I'll probably just leave it for now,I kinda like it like that anyway,sounds a bit like one of my hd's with the screamin eagles if you twist your head and squint just right. Lol
I've got other stuff to mess with on it now after the bike and I slid 20' on our sides down a steep rocky slope after endowing a 6' vertical drop halfway down a long scary down hill....not so shiny anymoe
Old 04-30-2013, 05:58 PM   #4565
cabezagrande
magically delicious

Oddometer: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vspec View Post
Which mount did you use with the ProBend?
The Cycra ProBend CRM (Center Reach Mount) for 7/8 inch bars is what I went with. They fit on the stock and on the new Renthal bars.
cabezagrande is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 07:22 PM   #4566
willbeoutdoors
Adventurer

Oddometer: 11
Well I got to take my bike out for the first time this year . It felt good to get back in the saddle again especially since I just installed a seat concepts seat which is a nice upgrade over stock. I did a little mix of highway,town and dirt roads. However, on my way back home my bike started to stall and then surge. well about a mile later I found out why...no gas even though my gas gauge had one solid bar still. It must of gotten stuck, luckily I was only about 2 blocks down the highway from a gas station so I got some exercise today anyways. Some pics of the bike happy to see daylight again:
 photo 2013-04-30134614_zps8d346907.jpg
 photo 2013-04-30134729_zps3f1e6579.jpg
My 12v socket:
 photo 2013-04-30134703_zps549fd1f7.jpg
willbeoutdoors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 12:50 AM   #4567
Brandon805
Get the camera

Oddometer: 12
Quote:
After my mods it feels like a new bike. I enjoy it twice as much now.
Awesome, I can't wait to save up enough to get the programmer and header. I'd like to put all of them on at once but my patience is non-permitting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckshot77 View Post
Hang onto that exhaust..quick change and its ready for close to and in town stuff,trust me the q4 is loud enough to get some pretty dirty looks.
It's nice when close to homes to be so quiet. Zip,zip,zip. The q4 roars compared,in the middle of nowhere where no one will be bothered its awesome! that's my plan anyway.

Drop by I'll lend you my tuner. Lol
I was really hoping it wouldn't be so loud!

After spending too much time on YouTube it seemed like the quieter option.. I putt around town all day too, I guess we'll see how she blows.
Brandon805 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 01:45 AM   #4568
Lost Rider
Roadie

Oddometer: 3,109
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon805 View Post
Awesome, I can't wait to save up enough to get the programmer and header. I'd like to put all of them on at once but my patience is non-permitting.

I was really hoping it wouldn't be so loud!

After spending too much time on YouTube it seemed like the quieter option.. I putt around town all day too, I guess we'll see how she blows.

Ventura eh? I live near Ojai/Oak View, swing on by sometime to compare bikes or shoot the shit. I can't ride but am home all the time right now...
We could do some testing for bikes with and without controllers maybe...

Moving to westlake village in a week so make it quick, or come out there too if it's closer.

-Finn

LostRider.com

Lost Rider screwed with this post 05-01-2013 at 01:51 AM
Lost Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 04:57 AM   #4569
koh kood
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 104
Quote:
I second this recommendation. Chad at Sprocket Center is a class act.

http://sprocketcenter.com/index.php/...ket-honda.html
Thank you for the help.
Old 05-01-2013, 06:56 AM   #4570
tilliejacques
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAPB View Post
Engine braking is more so than other bikes I've had, I think it's more pronounced on a thumper, than on a multi-cylinder bike. I just got used to it. Hey, your saving your brake pads.........
I can see that coming now in Honda marketing... "engine braking for long brake pad life"!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vzuke View Post
I may be dating myself here....

I went from a 75 DT250 Yamaha 2-stroke to a 78 SR500 Yamaha four stroke. I remember the first time I let off the throttle at speed, I was amazed at the engine braking. It was like I threw it into reverse!

2 strokes just free wheel.

I miss the old oil burners.

heh, yes, my little 125cc ring-a-ding trials bike loves to coast and is nice and light!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost Rider View Post
Is this your first FI bike?

Generally comments like this come from folks who have one for the first time, when you chop the throttle on FI bike there very little/no fuel going through the injector and the engine braking is more pronounced than with a carb'd bike, that also adds to why we get better MPG. All my bike are FI and feel similar to what your saying and I've seen lots of comments on the BMW forums from folks coming from a old school bike just like yours.
It's something you get used to, even depend on when coming to a stop.
I wouldn't disconnect the throttle return cable, but that's just me. If you think there's a real issue with it stalling then take it to the dealer and see what they have to say.

Good luck!
Neither my CBR250R (same FI engine, different tuning) nor my BMW G650GS (FI) have such abrupt engine braking. I do not think that it's stalling.

Guess I'll add working *much* harder at smooth throttle to my list of riding-things-to-improve!

It was awesome to get the bike out at Big Bend, turn on the key and start the bike, and voila! It was jetted for 2000ft instead of 8300ft at home.

Thanks again for the replies!

cheers
08 Beta Rev3 125
tilliejacques is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 08:39 AM   #4571
Dago52
Adventurer

Oddometer: 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by koh kood View Post
Thank you for the help.
Anytime
Old 05-01-2013, 10:35 AM   #4572
Saleendude07
Adventurer

Oddometer: 10
The CRF250L is my first bike. Ive had it about 2 months not. I currently have a CRFsonly FMF performance package on its way. I went with the powercore4 and the powerbomb. I am extremely excited to see what this bike will become. When I bought the bike i had no idea how big of a deal they are.
Saleendude07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 11:16 AM   #4573
Lost Rider
Roadie

Oddometer: 3,109
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saleendude07 View Post
The CRF250L is my first bike. Ive had it about 2 months not. I currently have a CRFsonly FMF performance package on its way. I went with the powercore4 and the powerbomb. I am extremely excited to see what this bike will become. When I bought the bike i had no idea how big of a deal they are.

Welcome to the club!

You're right, this bike is a big deal!
It's opening the door for a lot of people to get into dual sport riding, along with being a perfect bike for not so new the adv life and that's a good thing.

Enjoy, and take some photos!

LostRider.com
Lost Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 12:50 PM   #4574
pandamanprod
Adventurer

Oddometer: 88
I've been suspended!

New Racetech Rear suspension, front springs and valves installed today. Gosh! It feels so different! Being a 200 LB Rider. I feel like like not only does the suspension feel more plush, but it ads way more "effective" suspension. As my weight alone probably killed an inch or two of stock, that is now available with aftermarket. Hitting trails this weekend!
 photo a6d9a7af-4c00-4e2f-b370-21b026fe35a0_zps6700d606.jpg
pandamanprod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 01:00 PM   #4575
Brk4moose
Could save your life

Oddometer: 24
Two Bros Slip-om

So I've been giving the whole exhaust thing a lot of thought. I've been tossing around the idea of the two brothers racing slip on kit for my 250L.

Any one pre order one?

They are supposed to ship mid-may and I'm not really a big fan of the FMF setup any one else got a slip on they recommend? I have used two brothers stuff in the past with good results

I'm not looking to go with a full exhaust or fuel programmer, just a slip-on. Seems like I almost get hit every time I hit the back roads of NH. I'm thinking people can't hear me.
Brk4moose is offline   Reply With Quote