ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Pacific Northwet - Where it's green. And wet.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-26-2013, 05:48 PM   #3091
Jimmy the Heater
Tilting the Horizon

Oddometer: 1,849
Thank you very much!
Jimmy the Heater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 07:06 AM   #3092
Live2Ride
Not Famous

Oddometer: 3,812
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha One Nine View Post
You have any noob friendly planes? I have been thinking about pickup one up. Electric would be my choice. I have a PC simulator but have never flown a real one.
How big of a plane are you talking about. I have a couple ultra micro's. One is a P-51, the other is a twin engine mosquito, both electric.
Old 04-27-2013, 07:51 AM   #3093
Alpha One Nine
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 587
Quote:
Originally Posted by Live2Ride View Post
How big of a plane are you talking about. I have a couple ultra micro's. One is a P-51, the other is a twin engine mosquito, both electric.
Is P-51 is like this one? If so, that is exacly the size I was thinking about.
Alpha One Nine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 08:33 AM   #3094
Kootenai Rider
Displaced Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,258
P-51's aren't anything that resemble a noob friendly plane. They're fast, they don't have much for low speed characteristics, (well good characteristics)

The little Hobby zone Champs are awesome in calm weather.

Look at the Parkzone/Eflite (same company) planes. There's a powered glider that is awesome. (Name is escaping me right now)

Actually, get on Nitroplanes.com

They have a Diamond 2000 that has a 8ft wingspan and is ready to fly for a little over 200. They fly really well, can fly slow, and can still do some decent aerobatics.

Bla bla motorcycles....

2012 KTM 250XC-W "Ginger"
Kootenai Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 09:00 AM   #3095
Live2Ride
Not Famous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha One Nine View Post
Is P-51 is like this one? If so, that is exacly the size I was thinking about.
Thats the one, and here's the mosquito,
http://www.parkzone.com/Products/Def...rodID=PKZU1380
a video,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PzD9bqgTmWo
Old 04-27-2013, 10:16 AM   #3096
Live2Ride
Not Famous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kootenai Rider View Post
P-51's aren't anything that resemble a noob friendly plane. They're fast, they don't have much for low speed characteristics, (well good characteristics)

The little Hobby zone Champs are awesome in calm weather.

Look at the Parkzone/Eflite (same company) planes. There's a powered glider that is awesome. (Name is escaping me right now)

Actually, get on Nitroplanes.com

They have a Diamond 2000 that has a 8ft wingspan and is ready to fly for a little over 200. They fly really well, can fly slow, and can still do some decent aerobatics.

Bla bla motorcycles....
What do you know about RC stuff?
Old 04-29-2013, 12:23 PM   #3097
mcjunky
Adventurer

Oddometer: 82
So I was out at 7 mile today and I'm pissed:

After talking with rangers earlier this year he said they are broke due to orv funds being taken away and they are barely scraping by from the sales of discovery passes. I thought alright, I pay tabs on my jeep, motorcycle, trailer and orv tabs on the other bike and on top of that I have to buy a stupid discovery pass? Whatever, if it keeps the park open fine.

Today I go out to the ol trusty mile and what do I see? They are building a new fence from the s.e. corner of the park no more than 50 to 75 feet off the existing fence that goes for about a half mile west to where it goes down the hill right past the big mudhole. So after buying orv tabs and a discovery pass they are stealing more land from us :FU:

And the reason? From what it looks like it is to connect two walking and bicycle trail gates so they don't have to deal with us evil orv users in our own park. Stealing land from us and wasting money, I'm sure that nice wood 1/2 mile of fence is real cheap to build.

The new fence
mcjunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 12:42 PM   #3098
Edwards
Gravel Eddie

Oddometer: 247
I was there last week when they were building it. The volunteers helping the ranger where granola types that were giving me the stink eye when I was checking it out. When I turned off the bike I could hear them singing Kumbaya.

Seriously however, I have hiked every inch of that park and have never had trouble transitioning from one area to another past the ORV park. The slice of the park that extends over toward Garfield road is kind of flat and currently is mostly used by horse riders. I think the idea is to connect the two areas? The trend in this park and elsewhere is to make everything Mountain Bike friendly. They have wiped out many trails to do this and made long boring, flat trails in their place. As a hiker I am not excited about the hiking trails being neutered and as a motorcycle rider I am not liking that they are taking from the ORV park when it seems like they don't really need to. All the changes to the park in the past couple of years seem to be geared at catering to Mountain Bikes.
Edwards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 02:48 PM   #3099
Kootenai Rider
Displaced Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edwards View Post
All the changes to the park in the past couple of years seem to be geared at catering to Mountain Bikes.
If they're mountain bikes, why do they need to be smooth?

I was out there Saturday afternoon for a little bit with a couple co-workers.... we rode through that fenced area and followed it a bit until it dead ended at the bottom of a hill.... on the way back up I forgot about the big mud pit and just about jumped into it...

Thanks for the explanation, makes sense with what they were doing. I was confused more than anything.

If you want some real fun riding... you're better off going to the Liberty Lake ORV park. Its county run so you don't need a Disco pass, plus there is huge mix of trails from easy to hard. I never get bored there, plus is pretty much just bikes. At 7 pile I'm bored before I've geared up. The most fun there is log hopping in the woods.

Or go down to Xmas hills at St. Maries. I have ridden down there the past two sundays in a row... thats my kind of riding... hope you like mud, roots and log hopping.

Speaking of, next weekend on Sunday is the annual Muddy Butt tag team race. Rode with the guy laying out the course...he's gonna make it good.

Old 04-29-2013, 03:39 PM   #3100
mcjunky
Adventurer

Alright I lied, it's not 1/2 mile......actually a little longer.
Rode the klx out today and caught em while working on the fence. I asked what they were up to and it turns out it is part of the new equestrian corridor. He really didn't want to talk to me
Old 04-29-2013, 03:43 PM   #3101
mcjunky
Adventurer

I ride all over it's just the pile is 10 minutes from my house so super convenient. Laps around the perimeter are good conditioning......especially the long whoop section!
I might go poke around batey this weekend to see how it's looking snow wise.
Old 04-29-2013, 04:11 PM   #3102
Kootenai Rider
Displaced Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcjunky View Post
I might go poke around batey this weekend to see how it's looking snow wise.
Sweet, report back... I know the Pantra guys did a bunch of work on trails up at LPO this weekend, I think they did like 17 miles of trail clearing an maintenance. Get on the Pantra Facebook or forum and there was a posting that Tom Wuest put up with a report.

I'd meet you up at Batey, but I'll be at St. Maries all weekend camping.

Old 04-30-2013, 02:27 AM   #3103
dillon
Low Speed, High Drag

Oddometer: 1,646
All of this nonsense is why I stick to urban hoolganing, both pedal and gas powered. Its more challenging and so long as you dont get caught, cheaper too
Old 04-30-2013, 04:34 PM   #3104
moto-treks
Back Home

Oddometer: 1,771
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcjunky View Post
So I was out at 7 mile today and I'm pissed:

After talking with rangers earlier this year he said they are broke due to orv funds being taken away and they are barely scraping by from the sales of discovery passes. I thought alright, I pay tabs on my jeep, motorcycle, trailer and orv tabs on the other bike and on top of that I have to buy a stupid discovery pass? Whatever, if it keeps the park open fine.

Today I go out to the ol trusty mile and what do I see? They are building a new fence from the s.e. corner of the park no more than 50 to 75 feet off the existing fence that goes for about a half mile west to where it goes down the hill right past the big mudhole. So after buying orv tabs and a discovery pass they are stealing more land from us :FU:

And the reason? From what it looks like it is to connect two walking and bicycle trail gates so they don't have to deal with us evil orv users in our own park. Stealing land from us and wasting money, I'm sure that nice wood 1/2 mile of fence is real cheap to build.
That sucks - why is it we always find out about these changes after the decision has been made.

I was out there a month or so back and that wasnt there. Had the park to myself - great place to practice riding skills.

Moto-Treks
moto-treks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 07:34 PM   #3105
biodieselandon
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 349
Quote:
Originally Posted by moto-treks View Post
That sucks - why is it we always find out about these changes after the decision has been made.

I was out there a month or so back and that wasnt there. Had the park to myself - great place to practice riding skills.
I met your friend Larry last weekend. Turns out he is my landlord's brother. We were talking about the Rawhyde clinic at Westside and I mentioned the white 990 that was there and he said that was you. We are planning on doing some riding one of these weekends.
"A clean GS is a dirty shame."
biodieselandon is offline   Reply With Quote