Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-30-2013, 03:28 PM   #121
$Penney
Adventurer

Oddometer: 43
Talking Both bikes finish to La Paz

Great news! Both bikes finish to La Paz today
Johnny, Chirs, Patrick and Allan had great rides today. Still plenty of attrition out there. We see bikes trailered often. Looks like the bikes will be in good enough shape to finish tomorrow. Patrick had a classic Pelican landing after his last stage. He had a flat on the front tire with about 20 miles to go .... spokes were flapping, lost the front break and really no words can explain how it looked when he came in!!
We are so proud of the crew, riders and bikes are hanging in there too.
Old 04-30-2013, 03:32 PM   #122
Misery Goat
Positating the negative

Oddometer: 74,536
woohooo!

Same as it ever was

My Wanderlust
Misery Goat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 04:06 PM   #123
Bronco Driver
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 164
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cornbread82 View Post
OK all it looks as if Hondzilla is in 1st place (in class) at the end of day one. The #88 bike had some problems and couldn't finish the last two stages of day one, but they got it all worked out and are telling me that they can make it up. Allan had a great day, he had the same section that he had at Baja. Some of you know he didn't have a great day at Baja, but he smoked it in the Mexican. He finished his 135 miles in 3hrs14min!!! If I get anything else from them I will let you know!

Brett
WAY cool Allan- That's averaging over 40mph! Good Job!
Old 04-30-2013, 06:04 PM   #124
$Penney
Adventurer

Laugh Day 3 stats

Some stats... #88 is 18 hrs 56 min and 1st in Modern Vintage Open. 26th place overall out of 43 bikes with LAMEinator. #888 Honxilla is 1st in their class, 18th overall with a time of 15 hrs 52 minutes... This is the result at the end of day 3.
Old 04-30-2013, 07:10 PM   #125
Mr Fast
Slowly striving

Oddometer: 315
LAMEinator update

John Sr. here checking in. Were in La Paz at the hotel. Incredibly found another caliper for the front brake. Unincredibly we cant so far get it to work. Wont bleed. Have now put our resident genius{s on and we are hoping for a miracle. Front brake or no were finishing tomorrow.
BTW. Mexican computers work about ńike you would expect.
Somebody got a video of Patrick hiting the front brake and the resultant carnage and mayhem. It was hysterical. Will probably show up on worlds funniest home videos. PS. Spanish must not use our puncuation marks. Honzilla is just sounding and running better and better.
Old 04-30-2013, 07:17 PM   #126
Mr Fast
Slowly striving

PS. Forgot to mention this is the Mexcan 1000 and not the Allan magical mystery tour!
Anybody out there got any ideas on how to bleed the ff front brake let us know ASAP. Por Favor. Si vous Plait. Puhlease.
Old 04-30-2013, 09:49 PM   #127
LC Garage
On Any Sunday

Oddometer: 677
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Fast View Post
PS. Forgot to mention this is the Mexcan 1000 and not the Allan magical mystery tour!
Anybody out there got any ideas on how to bleed the ff front brake let us know ASAP. Por Favor. Si vous Plait. Puhlease.
pressure from the top or vacuum from the bottom, in the automotive world we used to use a pressure bleeder that clamped over the top of the master cylinder and fed pressurized fluid down thru the system, nowadays they use a vacuum pump attached to the low side bleeder valve and pull the fluid down thru. you could improvise vacuum off the blue rhino and just use a long hose from an intake vacuum port to the bottom bleeder, open the valve, feed fluid from the top and run the rhino and use a long clear line so you can see the fluid when it pulls into the line. damn I wish i was there to help!
Old 04-30-2013, 09:52 PM   #128
LC Garage
On Any Sunday

Quote:
Originally Posted by LC Garage View Post
pressure from the top or vacuum from the bottom, in the automotive world we used to use a pressure bleeder that clamped over the top of the master cylinder and fed pressurized fluid down thru the system, nowadays they use a vacuum pump attached to the low side bleeder valve and pull the fluid down thru. you could improvise vacuum off the blue rhino and just use a long hose from an intake vacuum port to the bottom bleeder, open the valve, feed fluid from the top and run the rhino and use a long clear line so you can see the fluid when it pulls into the line. damn I wish i was there to help!
Also make sure there are no obstructions in the caliper, carefully field strip it if you have to, clean it up clear passages and reuse old parts as needed
Old 04-30-2013, 10:32 PM   #129
Swarthy_Red_Beard
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 148
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Fast View Post
I have used a syringe with a vinyl clear bit of hose to the zerk. pull the plunger out to create the vacuum as someone cracks open the bleeder. Late nite break in to a medical clinic should provide all you need... or just pretend you have a broken arm... or ask nicely...

Good luck on the final leg!!!!
Swarthy_Red_Beard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 04:51 AM   #130
Mr Fast
Slowly striving

Thanks guys,

Jr found and got the sir bubble. Were leaving now. Cross your fingers!!
Old 05-01-2013, 05:24 AM   #131
$Penney
Adventurer

Laugh Optimism at a high

There are several modern bikes and the Honda 500 that has been true and steady... at the same hotel we are staying at. Optimism is at a high this morning.... all riders have a skip in their step. Owen will jump on for a section on the Honzilla bike, with Allan and Johnny finishing.
On the LAMEinator Chris will start once again with Patrick taking the special section and bringing it home!!
EVERY rider has really come thru!! The chase crew has combined talent that kept these bikes going when it looked questionable.

OKAY HERE WE GO, KEEP YOUR FINGERS CROSSED!!
Old 05-01-2013, 05:37 AM   #132
LC Garage
On Any Sunday

Quote:
Originally Posted by $Penney View Post
There are several modern bikes and the Honda 500 that has been true and steady... at the same hotel we are staying at. Optimism is at a high this morning.... all riders have a skip in their step. Owen will jump on for a section on the Honzilla bike, with Allan and Johnny finishing.
On the LAMEinator Chris will start once again with Patrick taking the special section and bringing it home!!
EVERY rider has really come thru!! The chase crew has combined talent that kept these bikes going when it looked questionable.

OKAY HERE WE GO, KEEP YOUR FINGERS CROSSED!!
Old 05-01-2013, 10:13 AM   #133
Jesse Luggage
Luggage Dude

Oddometer: 304
Quote:
Originally Posted by $Penney View Post
......OKAY HERE WE GO, KEEP YOUR FINGERS CROSSED!!

Fingers are crossed.......
Jesse Luggage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 10:56 AM   #134
CrashDBad
Big man, little bike

Oddometer: 2,165
Looks like Allan's spot shows OK message in San jose del Cabo 3 mins ago!

CrashDBad screwed with this post 05-01-2013 at 01:26 PM
CrashDBad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 11:11 AM   #135
Ladybug0048
Bug Sister

Oddometer: 10,281
Wahooo
Ladybug0048 is offline   Reply With Quote