User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-01-2013, 11:16 AM   #1
sjc56 OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,177
Contour roam

After much thought and hemming and hawing (what does that mean?) I ordered a Contour roam for $119 ( this week you can get one for $109) off Amazon. No video yet because I can't really see a way of mounting it to my Nolan N103. The chin bar gets in the way and the only real spot so you can get a view straight ahead is under the pivot point of the chin bar and there is not much room there and it is not really flat. I'm thinking somehow using the clamp mount for my BlueAnt Interphone or just mount it on my old Shoie s200 full face.
Also the manual is really lacking in info but Contour's online site has a lot of good video's showing how to us it I recommend you go there first.
Old 05-02-2013, 10:35 AM   #2
sjc56 OP
Beastly Adventurer

Ended up mounting to my Blueant Interphone's clamp , works pretty good and I can remove it. I'll have to use the sick on mount for the intercom.
Ist video.
http://youtu.be/SNi4ybprje4

sjc56 screwed with this post 05-02-2013 at 06:43 PM
sjc56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 12:20 AM   #3
SnowMule
[angry moth noises]

Oddometer: 18,027
That video shot at the default settings?

(if so, that's far better video quality than my old 1080 spit out)

My 1080 has been failing for a while, right now it won't even power up. With how much (how little) video I do, I think the roam is a better fit for me. Next amazon order... (though I might need a new GPS too, that spit out some interesting error messages last week... )

Mounted mine on the side of my lid(s) with the low-profile sticky mounts.

Make sure you leash the camera to the helmet some way... I looped one leash-half through a cheek pad button, then snap the camera to it. Had one mount fail on me, leash kept the camera attached to my helmet so I could stop and put it in a pocket. And a name/email/phone sticker just in case both fail.
Old 05-03-2013, 05:41 AM   #4
sjc56 OP
Beastly Adventurer

Shot on default setting, downloaded from iMovie on medium setting. I wanted to use the low profile but it wouldn't fit. I'm very impressed with the video right out of the camera once you get it into youtube the quality degrades.
Old 05-03-2013, 07:17 PM   #5
what car??
down the road

Oddometer: 364
I mounted mine to the top of my helmet as I didn't want to see the side of my helmet in the videos I would make. No problems with the stickiness of the mount. Considering you can turn the lens to match the mounting of the camera it's a good for me.
what car?? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 02:07 PM   #6
Albie
Kool Aid poisoner

Oddometer: 8,771
Quote:
Originally Posted by what car?? View Post
I mounted mine to the top of my helmet as I didn't want to see the side of my helmet in the videos I would make. No problems with the stickiness of the mount. Considering you can turn the lens to match the mounting of the camera it's a good for me.
I did the same, I find it really annoying having a chunk of the helmet showing in videos. Get a much better overall perspective and view with it mounted on top.

Another day, another foot injury!
Albie is offline   Reply With Quote