User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-01-2013, 01:44 PM   #16
zekester63 OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 480
The local radar showed rain right over my area, but it was moving through. Okraider81 ensured me that once that blew through, we’d have nicer weather on our ride out to Natural Falls. So I left home about 3:30 on Friday, and just as I was getting ready to leave it started sprinkling again. We met at our designated meeting place in Catoosa, and it continued to rain. It sprinkled on us most of the way there. This really wasn’t too bad since we both have pretty good gear, but it isn’t the most fun way to start a ride in my opinion, especially when you're going to be camping.

I had managed to find some nice unpaved roads to ride once we got past Locust Grove. Most of them were great riding (that’s okraider81 there in the hi-viz jacket):

Oops, this doesn’t look very promising.

And don’t ask me how I know that the water on the right side of this little “wall” is about 2Ĺ’ deep. We weren’t going to cross here, and there were enough obstacles on the sides that we weren’t going around either.

Looking away from the damaged water crossing (note Roxy is facing the other direction...) after realizing that we aren’t trials riders with the balance that might be required to cross on that narrow wall.

We stopped for gas at Flint Creek, which was only a couple miles from Natural Falls.

We made it!

The nice lady in the window proceeded to inform us that her husband told her that they were expecting “3-4 inches of rain overnight”. I *think* something got lost in the translation somewhere, and in reality it was ĺ”, not 3-4”. At any rate, we were here and not going to let a little rain turn us back!

zekester63 screwed with this post 05-02-2013 at 11:47 AM
zekester63 is offline   Reply With Quote