Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-27-2013, 07:56 PM   #586
max384
Disgruntled Student

Oddometer: 3,051
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Gone View Post
That's what you were really looking for, wasn't it? An excuse to make a road trip to Revzilla.

Glad we could be of service!
Hahaha. Maybe so. I've been meaning to go to Revzilla for a long time, but I always talk myself out of it because it's in Philadelphia. I used to commute to Philly once a month for drills for about a year and a half. I hated that commute with such a passion! I literally haven't been back since (about four years now)... Maybe it's about time that I make a trip down there. Ugh.

Pennsylvania to Newfoundland Ride Report
max384 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 05:22 PM   #587
YetiGS
No Talent Ass Clown

Oddometer: 7,316
Quote:
One of the jacket's exterior pockets did leak slightly, so I'll be keeping everything in the interior pockets in the rain. Zippers are never waterproof, unless you're using SCUBA zips, and I should have known better.
You didn't get the whale foreskin wallet pouch with your jacket?? I did.

I always put my wallet it in it when it's raining.
"You had better bring an extra magazine. Yeti's amped up on weird shit are hard to bring down." Lonestar2112
YetiGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 06:45 AM   #588
Mr_Gone
FIGJAM

Oddometer: 6,172
Quote:
Originally Posted by YetiGS View Post
You didn't get the whale foreskin wallet pouch with your jacket?? I did.

I always put my wallet it in it when it's raining.
I did get the whale foreskin wallet pouch, but because I'm sometimes a moran, I left it at home. You know, right on the kitchen counter where I wouldn't forget it. It's still there, as a matter of fact.

Anyway, it wasn't much leakage, since it didn't even manage to get two gas receipts entirely wet. Lesson learned.

There's what people want to hear, there's what people want to believe, there's everything else, then there's the truth!
Mr_Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 03:15 PM   #589
YetiGS
No Talent Ass Clown

Quote:
I did get the whale foreskin wallet pouch, but because I'm sometimes a moran, I left it at home. You know, right on the kitchen counter where I wouldn't forget it. It's still there, as a matter of fact.

Anyway, it wasn't much leakage, since it didn't even manage to get two gas receipts entirely wet. Lesson learned.
Been there, done that, got the t-shirt.
"You had better bring an extra magazine. Yeti's amped up on weird shit are hard to bring down." Lonestar2112
Old 05-01-2013, 05:34 PM   #590
Mr_Gone
FIGJAM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YetiGS View Post
Been there, done that, got the t-shirt.
Does the t-shirt spell "moran" incorrectly, or the advrider way?

There's what people want to hear, there's what people want to believe, there's everything else, then there's the truth!
Old 05-01-2013, 05:42 PM   #591
enduro0125
Sticks and Stones™..

Oddometer: 12,923
Yes

Your welcome
Old 05-01-2013, 05:46 PM   #592
YetiGS
No Talent Ass Clown

Quote:
Does the t-shirt spell "moran" incorrectly, or the advrider way?
In my case, it's just a picture of a jackass.

Speaking of the Badlands: Following my two week tour of the desert southwest, I found out that one of my elbow pads cracked in half.

Klim immediately nutted up and sent me replacement armor. They have the BEST customer service of any company I have ever dealt with.

I don't know if the new armor is different than the old, but the markings are different. Feels pretty much the same, but it hasn't been cold enough lately to see if it still gets hard (heh heh) during cold nights.
Old 05-01-2013, 06:27 PM   #593
Mtn Man
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 213
New ...

Just bought a new Badlands from Mini Mike at Tellico Outfitters. I have spent about 18 hours in it so far and really like it. Hope it only gets better!
DRZ 400
Harley Road Glide
Mtn Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 10:26 AM   #594
Mr_Gone
FIGJAM

Quote:
Originally Posted by enduro0125 View Post
Yes

Your welcome
I'm pretty sure it's "Yore" but I don't want to step on Klay's toes.

Great pic!

Old 05-02-2013, 06:27 PM   #595
max384
Disgruntled Student

I just ordered the jacket from Revzilla. Definitely WAY more money than I had originally wanted to spend on a jacket. This thing better give me erections when it touches my skin.

Thanks for all the sizing help guys. I was still debating between a large and extra large, but then I figured out how to measure my long arms. Turns out I have a 34" sleeve, so XL was definitely the way to go... and if it's not, Revzilla has an excellent return policy.

Old 05-03-2013, 08:46 AM   #596
Mr_Gone
FIGJAM

Quote:
Originally Posted by max384 View Post
I just ordered the jacket from Revzilla. Definitely WAY more money than I had originally wanted to spend on a jacket. This thing better give me erections when it touches my skin.

Thanks for all the sizing help guys. I was still debating between a large and extra large, but then I figured out how to measure my long arms. Turns out I have a 34" sleeve, so XL was definitely the way to go... and if it's not, Revzilla has an excellent return policy.
Sorry to break it to you, but you will not get erections when it touches your skin, unless you're weird.

At first, the only thing that will be stiff is the jacket. After a break-in period, maybe it'll do something for you "down there."

You'll love the jacket. It will take you thirty minutes just to count all the freaking pockets. I think it has 117, but I could be wrong.

We'll expect your first impressions, and a thorough review somewhere in the 2,500-word range within a week of receiving the jacket. Plus photos.

Ride on!!!

Old 05-03-2013, 10:59 AM   #597
Droptarotter
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,131
I'm counting on this being a good piece of gear also as I have just snapped up a slightly used suit and am patiently waiting on it being shipped!

All the great info in this thread helped me decide on this suit.

Cheers
Old 05-03-2013, 07:50 PM   #598
One Less Harley
OH.THAT'S GONNA HURT

Oddometer: 4,595
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtn Man View Post
Just bought a new Badlands from Mini Mike at Tellico Outfitters. I have spent about 18 hours in it so far and really like it. Hope it only gets better!
just got mine in which was tried on at Tellico and had it shipped to me to avoid the TN sales tax. The collar sucks ass, gotta figure out something on it, maybe wear a scarf or something.
2003 Suzuki DRZ 400S (TAT Prep)
One More DRZ does the TAT (Ride Report)

One Less Harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 08:13 PM   #599
max384
Disgruntled Student

Quote:
Sorry to break it to you, but you will not get erections when it touches your skin, unless you're weird.

At first, the only thing that will be stiff is the jacket. After a break-in period, maybe it'll do something for you "down there."

You'll love the jacket. It will take you thirty minutes just to count all the freaking pockets. I think it has 117, but I could be wrong.

We'll expect your first impressions, and a thorough review somewhere in the 2,500-word range within a week of receiving the jacket. Plus photos.

Ride on!!!
Holy crap, you weren't kidding. Pockets, pockets, pockets! You were wrong about the erection thing though...

Gotta love Revzilla. Ordered yesterday afternoon... At my doorstep today about 26 hours later with free shipping!!! Granted, it's nice living only three hours drive from them, but still...

Thanks again for the sizing advice everyone. I was definitely set on buying the large size. The XL fits me near perfectly. The large would have definitely been too small. It's slightly too large in the belly... But that just leaves me room to grow.

Old 05-03-2013, 08:35 PM   #600
Hikertrash
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,588
Quote:
Originally Posted by One Less Harley View Post
just got mine in which was tried on at Tellico and had it shipped to me to avoid the TN sales tax. The collar sucks ass, gotta figure out something on it, maybe wear a scarf or something.
What do you hate about the collar? Having owned both versions of the Latitude, I like the badlands collar because you can keep it open with the Velcro tabs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
IBA #50489

Hikertrash screwed with this post 05-04-2013 at 08:33 AM
Hikertrash is offline   Reply With Quote