Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-29-2013, 04:05 PM   #406
Romanousky OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 570
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogfarth View Post
http://www.amazon.com/Howard-Leight-...7267088&sr=8-1

200 plugs for $18. They also can be had with cords.
Thank you....ordered.

'01 DRZ 400

Oregon to Argentina on the Dizzer:
Romanousky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 04:10 PM   #407
Romanousky OP
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keel&Chine View Post
Just found this thread a little while ago and have spent a bunch of time catching up. I was a little too late to the party to tell you to skip Nasca though, as you found out, that place is boring Another boring place? Lake Titticaca - unless you're going to Bolivia, don't bother, it's not exciting. Arequipa, on the other hand, is probably worth a visit.

Hey, I saw you had a custom seat made by a place in Albany - how're you liking it? I have an 09 DRZ S, and while it's a great bike, I never would've thought to take it on a trip like you're on right now because that stock seat is a bloody torture rack after 50 to 100 miles. Curious to hear how you like yours. How much standing on the pegs do you do during a normal day?
Good information. I am going to the lake because I am going to Bolivia. However, I will not plan to spend any time there. I missed out on Arequipa....got save some parts for next time right?

The seat: Great seat! Doubt you can get anything better for the DRZ. I hated the stock seat on my S model. My SM seat really didn't feel too bad to me. Don't know what the difference was, maybe just sitting position. I actually did my biggest day on the SM @ 550 miles. My biggest day on this trip was about 490 miles. I love standing on my bike. On my SM I stand 40% of the time. On this trip, I rarely stand unless offroad (maybe 10% of my day).....don't know why. My bike also came with the gel seat as a spare....it is terrible, don't even consider it. Worse than stock in my opinion

'01 DRZ 400

Old 04-29-2013, 05:32 PM   #408
stevh0
Super Retard.

Oddometer: 1,414
Love it

Subscribed
Ex SM610, FS570, WR450, Africa Twin(s)
stevh0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 07:45 PM   #409
Adv Grifter
on the road o'dreams

Oddometer: 6,128
Quote:
Originally Posted by Romanousky View Post
Good information. I am going to the lake because I am going to Bolivia. However, I will not plan to spend any time there. I missed out on Arequipa....got save some parts for next time right?
My first time at Titicaca it was too cold to enjoy. Next trip was warm and nice. I took a boat out to Isla Del Sol ... about an hours boat ride. Villagers took in tourists there. Enjoyed hiking around and beach/ swimming on the leeward side. Basic village life. Very slow going. Spent 3 days out there.

I hope you can do the "Death Road" from La Paz down to Coroico. I've done this twice ... in a Bus where outside dualie wheels hung over the edge

I spent time in Coroico helping a very ill Canadian guy who was stuck there. I got him back up to La Paz to his Embassy, they flew him home. It's a cool little town, best butterflies in the world and SO tropical compared to the Alti Plano. Enjoy!
Adv Grifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 07:47 PM   #410
Bogfarth
MOTGATT on a Yamahog

Oddometer: 176
Quote:
Thank you....ordered.
Welcome.... subscribed.
Old 04-29-2013, 07:59 PM   #411
Xylx
Adventurer

Oddometer: 86
Howard Leights

Quote:
Pretty much there bud. People that give me a hearing testing look at me dumbfounded when I have raised my hand 90 seconds into the ordeal. "So, why don't you get hearing aids." "Surviving without sweetheart"

I'm a little late on it all but will seriously give these Laser light things a shot when I get home. They got a website or can I score them off of amazon?
I use Howard Leight Max ear plugs every night and have for years. Rarely any discomfort. I shorten them a little so they don't go in too far. Also after a shower the moisture seats them so there's no noise getting through. I wear them riding too with no issues. Romanousky, send me your address and I will send you some Lazers and Maxs to try when you get back. I've got hundreds in my drawer in little individual packages.

Longtime lurker first time poster. I'm a DRZ rider and love this thread.
Xylx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 08:45 PM   #412
BearIt
n00b

Oddometer: 6
Quote:

The seat: Great seat! Doubt you can get anything better for the DRZ. I hated the stock seat on my S model. My SM seat really didn't feel too bad to me. Don't know what the difference was, maybe just sitting position. I actually did my biggest day on the SM @ 550 miles. My biggest day on this trip was about 490 miles. I love standing on my bike. On my SM I stand 40% of the time. On this trip, I rarely stand unless offroad (maybe 10% of my day).....don't know why. My bike also came with the gel seat as a spare....it is terrible, don't even consider it. Worse than stock in my opinion
I'll 2nd the Mr Ed's Moto seat. I've got one on my DRZ. It's worth every dime.
BearIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 10:35 PM   #413
Clem Kevin
Nude With Boots

Oddometer: 887
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adv Grifter View Post
Sore ears a common problem with Ear Plug users. Most are using the stiff foam plugs ... not good. Ditch 'em.

The Howard Leight Laser Lites are ... very SOFT ... and don't abuse your ear canals even after hours and hours. Quite comfortable overnight too.
These are the ear plugs I use, I have a 200-pack box. My ears always hurt after using plugs, so I bought a package of different kinds and these were my favorite out of the 20something different brands.
Clem Kevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 11:45 PM   #414
rtwpaul
out riding...

Oddometer: 1,931
little late for you on the sprocket cross reference but here you go for future reference down the road front and rears are here LINK

also the regional forums on here are good for contacts and HU community HERE more specific locations when you are need of help along the way

OK back to you guys keep it rolling...
rtwpaul is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 07:16 AM   #415
woodly1069
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,826
Hey guys just wanting to check out Mr. Ed's website after all the good reviews but the link is broken. Guess he's still around but ? I have found a few You Tube videos that show his work and it looks great, problem is, I am on the other side of the country and the videos say that the rider should stay through the process so it's not like I could ship it. Any thoughts on who might do something similar on the east side of the Mississippi? Thanks and sorry for the hijack, ride on fellas!
Old 04-30-2013, 07:30 AM   #416
MRED
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 154
Give Mr. Ed's a call at 541-791-5142 Pacific time zone.

http://www.mredsmoto.com/mredsmoto.htm
https://www.facebook.com/media/album...35321719858079
Rev'It! Dealer since 2003
http://www.mredsmoto.com/mredsmoto.htm
MRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 07:33 AM   #417
woodly1069
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,826
thank you, that link works, guess I should call the guy!
Old 04-30-2013, 07:56 AM   #418
dasvis
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 536
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRED View Post
Damn. I am about 20 min away. May ride up there & get a seat done for my DRZ.....

2009 Suzuki DRZ400S
dasvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 09:24 AM   #419
8lives
Dharma Bum

Oddometer: 1,902
Quote:
yeah, i bumped into him at our Hostel in Huacachina. He was photographing some cute broad in a bikini on his GS. Later that evening I talked to him a bit but I was shitfaced and really don't remember much.

Seriously look at my eyes:

It seemed as you were close in proximity at least,it's good to see you having a good time,that's what your there for,keep up the good posting!!!!
8lives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 07:30 PM   #420
Romanousky OP
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevh0 View Post
Love it

Subscribed
Awesome! Great to have more folks...more motivation for me.

'01 DRZ 400