Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-01-2013, 03:57 PM   #6331
jnclem
True Airhead

Oddometer: 273
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyT View Post
Nah, they were too busy getting ready to beat the shit out of the people in the motor home.
To be honest, I didn't quite get why he did that. Was the RV, or van or whatever, doing anything wrong? Other than being the rolling road block that they inherently are I mean? It seemed like the guy didn't even try to make the corner, just pegged it and went straight off. I hope he was OK, but WTH (what the heck) - I'm kind of conservative.
jnclem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 04:02 PM   #6332
joexr
Banned

Oddometer: 3,773
He says , Do you know how fast you were going?
joexr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 04:03 PM   #6333
joexr
Banned

Oddometer: 3,773
He says , Do you know why I stopped you?
joexr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 04:06 PM   #6334
KG6BWS
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 895
Quote:
Originally Posted by jnclem View Post
To be honest, I didn't quite get why he did that. Was the RV, or van or whatever, doing anything wrong? Other than being the rolling road block that they inherently are I mean? It seemed like the guy didn't even try to make the corner, just pegged it and went straight off. I hope he was OK, but WTH (what the heck) - I'm kind of conservative.
If you watch close, you can see his brake light come on right after he passes the rv, then locks up just before he goes off the edge. Seems to me he basically panicked. Froze up, couldnt make the turn, and paid for his impatience.

Justin
01 F650GS Dakar
KG6BWS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 04:18 PM   #6335
SAPB
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,316
Quote:
Originally Posted by KG6BWS View Post
If you watch close, you can see his brake light come on right after he passes the rv, then locks up just before he goes off the edge. Seems to me he basically panicked. Froze up, couldnt make the turn, and paid for his impatience.
Like they say, look were you want to go, not were you don't want to go. $30K worth of bike, but 0 experience riding, live and learn.

CRF250L Service Manual http://www.hondampe.com.au/docs/owni...F250L13_OM.pdf
SAPB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 05:42 PM   #6336
Mr_Gone
FIGJAM

Oddometer: 5,862
Quote:
+1

Looks to me like he could have easily made that turn, even under hard braking (not locking them up) but instead he panicked and fixated and locked up the tires and then, well, he had to lay 'er down.
Old 05-01-2013, 05:47 PM   #6337
KG6BWS
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Gone View Post
+1

Looks to me like he could have easily made that turn, even under hard braking (not locking them up) but instead he panicked and fixated and locked up the tires and then, well, he had to lay 'er down.
Not sure he actually layed 'er down though......seemed like pretty heavy brush down there....

Justin
01 F650GS Dakar
Old 05-01-2013, 07:00 PM   #6338
jnclem
True Airhead

Oddometer: 273
Quote:
Not sure he actually layed 'er down though......seemed like pretty heavy brush down there....

If he'd done that in my back yard, it could have been a long, long way down. There was a Toyota pickup, 2 years ago I think, that went off a nearby pass. The guy lived, but the local rescue crew that went to the scene said you could see where he took the tops off of several large pines on the way down.

Back to the topic, no one much ever says anything to me when I'm stopped. But I finally got, "you look like an astronaut" from a woman at an office i had to stop at the other day. I thought, better than looking like a package of hamburger, but I just smiled and moved on.
jnclem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 07:11 PM   #6339
miguelitro
tierra de boobies

Oddometer: 771
I was asked if I wanted to buy any live chickens yesterday. I was tempted.
Mike
I'd rather be riding a 200 in Ecuador than any dream bike here.
miguelitro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 08:02 PM   #6340
assquatch20
Hoss Cat

Oddometer: 1,084
Quote:
If he'd done that in my back yard, it could have been a long, long way down. There was a Toyota pickup, 2 years ago I think, that went off a nearby pass. The guy lived, but the local rescue crew that went to the scene said you could see where he took the tops off of several large pines on the way down.

Back to the topic, no one much ever says anything to me when I'm stopped. But I finally got, "you look like an astronaut" from a woman at an office i had to stop at the other day. I thought, better than looking like a package of hamburger, but I just smiled and moved on.
July 4 when I was 16, I took my boss' granddaughter for a ride to my friend's house for a party, in my mom's car. Went right off a very similar drop, luckily a stump caught the car. I fell quite a few feet when I opened my door. Had her wave down the car that was coming around the bend. It was her parents.
Old 05-01-2013, 08:50 PM   #6341
KG6BWS
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by assquatch20 View Post
July 4 when I was 16, I took my boss' granddaughter for a ride to my friend's house for a party, in my mom's car. Went right off a very similar drop, luckily a stump caught the car. I fell quite a few feet when I opened my door. Had her wave down the car that was coming around the bend. It was her parents.
LOL!! Reminds me of a story my dad tells from a job he was on a number of years ago.

We're both equipment operators working in the pipe industry. He was on a job 20 some odd years ago, ditch they were digging something like 7' or so wide and 18' deep. Some drunk guy comes blowing thru the road closed signs, drove straight at the ditch....and got stuck. Front bumper on one side and back bumper on the other. Guy was so drunk that he opened the door and stepped right on out. Luckily for him they hadnt laid the pipe yet but they had put down the sand bedding so he had a relatively soft landing. Talk about that first step being a duzy....

Justin
01 F650GS Dakar
Old 05-02-2013, 03:09 AM   #6342
DOGSROOT
OUTSIDE

Oddometer: 676
Quote:
Originally Posted by miguelitro View Post
I was asked if I wanted to buy any live chickens yesterday. I was tempted.
Mike

This drug won't cure you...but it will put your symptoms to shame
DOGSROOT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 05:42 AM   #6343
gbmaz
Power Newb

Oddometer: 386
Quote:
OK, somebody's got to say it, so let's get it over with. He should'a laid her down.
Wait, I am confused. Are we still talking about the guy who scored a date with the hot chick?

"You have never really lived until you have done something for someone who can never repay you."
gbmaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 07:19 AM   #6344
David R
I been called a Nut Job..

Oddometer: 2,383
Last night on a long ride, I stopped for fuel.
Many big V twins there. After I came out from prepay two guys were walking back from looking my Red 2012 R1200R. I overheard. "Its a BMW".
Sent from the phone in my shoe. Maxwell Smart.
Old 05-02-2013, 08:15 AM   #6345
KungPaoDog
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 402
Quote:
Originally Posted by assquatch20 View Post
...If there's a follow-up date, find her a helmet.

Out of context, that is one damn funny line.