Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-02-2013, 04:20 AM   #1
masterbrewer OP
TDMster

Oddometer: 2,527
Flinders Ranges Classic VI 2013

The Flinders Ranges Classic VI 2013 was looking to be the best ever with over 100 people registered, and many thanks going to the irrepressible DRTrev/AussieTrev .

I must admit my reputation of leading adventurous riders over some fabulous terrain to get there has been somewhat tarnished in the last few years, (ol' age is finally sinking in ) after discovering the luxuries of not riding & not driving ....... I must admit I have sadly have become a changed man

That is until I get back onto the saddle of my fabulous TDM Adventurer

Our first destination was to seek out membership of the famous Quorn Schnitzel Club.

How could you go past The Outback? ...................... absolutely delicious

On arriving at our destination ...............

We were greeted by Mr Smiley

and easily recognised his digs for the weekend

Settling in with the "camp party people" .............. errr !!!! ............... I mean't those camping

First night's greet & meet was fabulous & I wondered what the rest of the world was doing ........ only for a minuscule .

First wonder of the weekend ..................

Can you imagine this ................. here's Con ...... bottle of half emptied red ..... juicy looking steak on the plate .................... side dish of......................... WTF Nurofen plus ......... with extra bottles of who knows what he said he had under his pillow Dancing with the verandah post was worth watching

Memories! ...................... those were the days of a misspent youth ..... I'm afraid I'm feeling older & older mixing with you young tigers ..... sorry Trev ...... I mean fellas

However Con miraculously survived & lived on to experience his own karma later.

Next morning a loyal few headed out on a westerly 481km loop out of Hawker I'd ridden 5 years earlier & was keen to experience again.

Unfortunately my navigational reputation was potentially in tatters after a small lack of concentration saw us heading on an unplanned road ( damn first night celebrations )

Luckily with quick aptitude I was able to redeem myself and provide my followers with an extraordinary touring experience they all comment favourably on

To help conceal my mistake I was determined to appear authoritative about the local fragile environment & called everyone together for education purposes

After that close escape I guided the troops through some more interesting tracks past Oraparinna HS hoping they would be enthralled enough to forget my error

We soon found ourselves on the top of the fabulous Stokes Hill lookout with my younger cousin

By this time lunch was calling in Wilpena Pound..

masterbrewer screwed with this post 05-04-2013 at 04:20 PM
masterbrewer is offline   Reply With Quote