Dude, cargo pants are so 2004.
Good! Cause I'm feeling 1978!
HeatXfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 08:12 AM   #33
trapperj
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 464
Jeans to ride in

I got a pair on the way...I'll review them after a ride or two. Hopefully I won't test them out completely!
trapperj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 08:50 AM   #34
obnoxious2
Adventurer

Oddometer: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by trapperj View Post
I got a pair on the way...I'll review them after a ride or two. Hopefully I won't test them out completely!
Interested in hearing your review! How do the armor in the jeans stay in place if one were to crash? Not to be a negative nancy but one of the reasons people wear the knee armor straps directly on the knee (though quite uncomfortable after awhile) is that if they fell the armor wouldn't move or shift.
obnoxious2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 08:52 AM   #35
zeeede
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 893
These look awesome. Adding to my wish list. If only I had unlimited funds

You should get in touch with the folks over at webbikeworld.com and have them do a review for you. Assuming they like 'em, it'll be some pretty good press for ya.
zeeede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 09:24 AM   #36
Sckill
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 197
Awesome job Domiken. These definitely look promising. Any future plans to offer these in shorter inseam sizes like 30" for vertically challenged individuals like myself?
Old 05-02-2013, 09:39 AM   #37
Domiken OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 639
Quote:
Originally Posted by Usk Coastie View Post
Too bad you don't make them for short FF's like me a 54 waist x 28 inseam. Finally found some from the UK in that size but keep in mind that not everyone is in the "standard" size ranges.
I applaud your efforts and wish you every success.
Completely understand, in the near future, we will be offering custom orders. I have a friend who is almost 7 feet tall and it's very hard for him to find riding gear. After seeing the trouble he goes through I want to make sure consumers have options, but for now we have to launch with standard sizes.
Old 05-02-2013, 09:55 AM   #38
Domiken OP
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DazRSV View Post
What kind of riding / crash testing have you done in your 1 yr old pair of jeans, can we see a pic of the ones you've worn for a year pls?.
What kind of care/washing instructions are required?
what would postage to Oz cost us?
Cheers
daz
Last year I rode with them everywhere, in the north east (local streets and mountains in the area) and occasionally in the flat state of Florida. I wore them for more than just riding, they became my favorite pair of jeans (very comfortable).

I wanted to be able to ride to a local restaurant, lock my helmet to the bike, walk in holding my leather riding jacket, set it aside and blend in with the rest of the crowd. No one suspected I came on a motorcycle. No weird stitching, no fancy logos, no baggy look, no weird pockets, no extreme washes, and with the armor in place you still don't look like a famous tire mascot.

Before sending the jeans for real testing to Germany, my father and I performed our own testing. The typical creative testing you see online. We filled the jeans with sand and dragged them behind our truck, we threw them in the air from a moving vehicle, we hit them with a belt sander, etc... We also have a friend that works for an American defense company do his own testing, and we were happy with the results. But we wanted a third party testing facility with no affiliation prove what we creatively tested ourselves, and that's what we did. The second the EU body approves us for the mark we will let you all know, but with 100% certainty, we passed the impact, abrasion, and burst tests with favorable results.

Washing instructions are on the care label:
Machine wash cold with like colors, tumble dry low, warm iron if needed, do not dry clean, do not bleach.

PM me for postage.

Ill post up a picture this evening of the year old riding pants.
Old 05-02-2013, 10:29 AM   #39
Domiken OP
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatXfer View Post
You've done your homework: looks to be well thoughtout. Is there a cargo pant style in the future?
Thanks, glad to hear your feedback. We are currently solely focused with protective jeans at the moment. As we grow, we will be expanding the line.

Quote:
Originally Posted by levain View Post
Wow. Impressive. Don't listen to the whiners about the price. These are a steal at your asking. $75 MSRP in Armor alone. Good luck with your venture.
Thank You!

Quote:
Originally Posted by trapperj View Post
We cannot wait to hear your feedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by obnoxious2 View Post
How do the armor in the jeans stay in place if one were to crash? Not to be a negative nancy but one of the reasons people wear the knee armor straps directly on the knee (though quite uncomfortable after awhile) is that if they fell the armor wouldn't move or shift.
Very simple. I myself wore knee/shin guards under my regular jeans when I went on casual rides, it was hot, uncomfortable, and the straps hurt after a few hours. The armor was also made of hard plastic, and I would look funny walking with it while off the motorcycle. It was some type of protection even though I had no abrasion protection.

We took a close examination at our competitors, our own protective riding pants, overpants etc.. we tested a few different options and we finally came up with our knee armor pocket carefully. Our knee armor pocket is made for the Forcefield armor. The armor clamps on to the velcro tightly to prevent vertical movement, and the pocket is just wide enough so there is no horizontal movement. The main problem we witnessed through research on knee armor placement, is that it moves within the pocket and the odd shapes do not help. It also does not sit correctly on the knee when you are sitting compared to when you are standing. The Forcefield armor is flat, and molds to your body as you move. So taking that into consideration, along with the straight leg fit of the jeans (no looseness or tightness) and you have a solid placement of the armor that will not move.
Old 05-02-2013, 10:36 AM   #40
Domiken OP
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeeede View Post
These look awesome. Adding to my wish list. If only I had unlimited funds

You should get in touch with the folks over at webbikeworld.com and have them do a review for you. Assuming they like 'em, it'll be some pretty good press for ya.
Thanks for the feedback, makes us happy.

We will be contacting them soon so they could do a review for us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sckill View Post
Awesome job Domiken. These definitely look promising. Any future plans to offer these in shorter inseam sizes like 30" for vertically challenged individuals like myself?
Thank You. Yes, we will offer them in a 30" inseam in the near future.
Old 05-05-2013, 09:10 PM   #41
Domiken OP
Studly Adventurer

Here's a quick shot from this weekend. This is after riding for 4 hours. I am wearing the knee and hip pads in this shot. 32 waist/32 inseam. Please excuse my lack of a rear end.

Old 05-05-2013, 10:31 PM   #42
Argus16
Fake n00b

Oddometer: 419
Interested...
How much to ship to Canada? And by what means?
Thanks in advance.
Argus16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 05:09 AM   #43
Domiken OP
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by StinkyBoy View Post
Interested...
How much to ship to Canada? And by what means?
Thanks in advance.
We ship via UPS Ground, but we will ship with the carrier of your choice or the less costly way depending on your choice (for Intl orders). I will need your shipping details (city, zip) to provide a proper shipping quote.

Domiken screwed with this post 05-06-2013 at 06:03 AM
Domiken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 08:19 AM   #44
KingOfFleece
SplitWeight(tm)

Oddometer: 686
Mine should arrive any day now!
KingOfFleece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 08:46 AM   #45
Old Blue
Shallow waterman

Oddometer: 1,400