ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-30-2013, 12:23 PM   #1
32x20 OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 282
SE Summer Riding Pants

I'm moving back to the SE this summer after having spent a year in the Rockies (and gearing up accordingly).

My Tourmaster Transition jacket vents surprisingly well, but my Fieldsheer pants are scorching if the temps are above 80deg. Debating Klim Dakar or Mojave pants (open to other options). What do you guys use that vents well and has decent protection?
32x20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 03:44 PM   #2
klaviator
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,716
I normally wear mesh pants but have some older Klim Dakar Pants for the rougher off road riding.

klaviator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 04:36 PM   #3
32x20 OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 282
Are the Dakar pants significantly hotter? I wonder about abrasion protection from mesh. Guess it's better than street clothes, though.
32x20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 04:43 PM   #4
klaviator
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,716
Quote:
Originally Posted by bae984 View Post
Are the Dakar pants significantly hotter? I wonder about abrasion protection from mesh. Guess it's better than street clothes, though.
I hit the pavement at 65 MPH after hitting Bambi. I was wearing Joe Rocket mesh pants and jacket. My only injury was some road rash on one elbow due to one sleeve riding up. This was due to the fact that the jacket fit too loose, not the mesh material. Many mesh pants have non mesh material on the areas you are likely to slide on and the armor itself provides a lot of abrasion protection. Mesh is a compromise over leather or solid textile but it is more comfortable in hot and humid conditions.

My Dakar pants are pretty well vented and are more comfortable than jeans.

klaviator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 06:37 PM   #5
AB13
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 841
First Gear

I have First Gear air mesh the new ones have 3do armor in them also they come with a rain liner that comes out and packs small one other thing I like is the leg zippers come up high and are easy to take on and off with riding boots. Can't say how they are in a crash and hopefuly never will. AB
Old 05-02-2013, 02:46 PM   #6
ABHooligan
The Flying Mythos

Oddometer: 1,097
I wear Olympia Airglide in silver. Nothing's cool when you're sitting on pavement or stopped, but I would say mesh is a gotta-have in the southern summer. There are naysayers about mesh, but I've been down in mine, and other than abrasion, I was protected. Still wearing them too.