ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Orange Crush
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 05-02-2013, 05:52 PM   #46
Beelzabob
Beastly Adventurer
 
Beelzabob's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2008
Location: PNW
Oddometer: 1,746
I've had hard bags pin my leg before, done with that shit. Soft is where it's at.

http://www.giantloopmoto.com/
__________________
Thank you soldiers for the freedom you graciously provide us.

"Most of the trip was like being thrown into a barrel of titties only to come out sucking your thumb!" - Oisin
Beelzabob is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 06:07 PM   #47
Two Moto Kiwis
Homeless Somewhere
 
Two Moto Kiwis's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2007
Location: Wanaka, New Zealand, Currently RTWing
Oddometer: 3,184
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beelzabob View Post
I've had hard bags pin my leg before, done with that shit. Soft is where it's at. [/COLOR][/URL]
Don't fall off!

I have seen people poke bones out of legs on a stand still drop with no luggage so quiet frankly motorcycle are dangerous which ever way you look at them.

Softties advantage is their weight, best keep you legs outa them to if you drop ya bike
__________________
Andi (oveja negra) & Ellen (chica amarilla)...Two Moto Kiwi Grüvers .....riding Maya somewhere ..Una Chimba
Two Moto Kiwis Home Page ..Danger Is Real ... Fear Is Optional
For More Of Two Moto Kiwis Photos
....Where The Hell Are We .. Spot Us
Two Moto Kiwis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 07:08 PM   #48
chrisf14 OP
Gnarly Adventurer
 
chrisf14's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2008
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Oddometer: 202
What a CRAZY site this is.

Caesar, That just looks WRONG! That big bag up that high must not handle to good. But man I bet you can wheelie for ever with that setup.

The crazy kiwis standing in there boxes. What a great photo. That could be a great ad.

I'm going to order new parts for mine. I will change them out when I get to the states. But I really like the soft bags from Wolfman. The top bag I have has been perfect.
__________________
Rode KTM 990s Adventure thru.
USA-48 states
Central America-Mexico, Guatemala, Belize, El Salvidor, Honduras, Nicaragua, Costa Rica, Panama.
Africa-South Africa, Lesotho, Swaziland.
chrisf14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 07:08 PM   #49
ciedema
мотоциклист
 
ciedema's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2007
Location: On the road! Finally!
Oddometer: 1,848
Quote:
Originally Posted by KTMADV View Post
Chris if you ever need a big bag a motorcycle gear bag works great. I had a 30 pack, bbq and tent in my gear bag. I used my motorcycle tie downs to strap her down. Bag helps in riding wheelies
LOL - yes I really did, like Muttly. I still am.
__________________
Stories from the Seat Facebook My Photos Cannonball Charity Ride
Personal Attacks - the last refuge of the intellectually impaired.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR650L_Dave View Post
The only guaranteed route to failure is the attempted solution of problems through the application of ideology.
ciedema is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 10:04 PM   #50
KTMADV
Hammer Down
 
KTMADV's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2012
Location: Willows Ca
Oddometer: 161
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisf14 View Post
Caesar, That just looks WRONG! That big bag up that high must not handle to good. But man I bet you can wheelie for ever with that setup.

The crazy kiwis standing in there boxes. What a great photo. That could be a great ad.

I'm going to order new parts for mine. I will change them out when I get to the states. But I really like the soft bags from Wolfman. The top bag I have has been perfect.
Same here on the top bag . I went on a weekend trip this weekend to Lake Pillsbury and the Wolfman worked great . You can fit allot of stuff in the bags and hook both bags to each other.

__________________
Ceasar Vasquez
KTMADV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 05:10 PM   #51
chrisf14 OP
Gnarly Adventurer
 
chrisf14's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2008
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Oddometer: 202
Looks Confee

Cesar, you need to add highway pegs and cruse control. Then you can nap when you ride. Your bike will be a KTM couch.
__________________
Rode KTM 990s Adventure thru.
USA-48 states
Central America-Mexico, Guatemala, Belize, El Salvidor, Honduras, Nicaragua, Costa Rica, Panama.
Africa-South Africa, Lesotho, Swaziland.
chrisf14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 05:31 PM   #52
KTMADV
Hammer Down
 
KTMADV's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2012
Location: Willows Ca
Oddometer: 161
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisf14 View Post
Cesar, you need to add highway pegs and cruse control. Then you can nap when you ride. Your bike will be a KTM couch.
Check out this video with a little practice I can text and ride bike.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QE3XsZaL-zo
__________________
Ceasar Vasquez
KTMADV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 05:40 PM   #53
Sporting Wood
I <3 Energizer Bunny
 
Sporting Wood's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2011
Location: Horneytown, NC
Oddometer: 825
I need a right side gobi bag if anyone has a spare.

I like them. They break off in a crash and won't break your ankle in a fall. Hold plenty, make handy coolers too. I really don't know why anyone would prefer aluminum bags.

Sporting Wood screwed with this post 05-07-2013 at 06:14 AM
Sporting Wood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 06:25 PM   #54
ciedema
мотоциклист
 
ciedema's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2007
Location: On the road! Finally!
Oddometer: 1,848
I have a set I am interested selling PM me.
__________________
Stories from the Seat Facebook My Photos Cannonball Charity Ride
Personal Attacks - the last refuge of the intellectually impaired.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR650L_Dave View Post
The only guaranteed route to failure is the attempted solution of problems through the application of ideology.
ciedema is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 04:45 AM   #55
Gimme 2
Team slo ass
 
Gimme 2's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2009
Location: still looking
Oddometer: 1,830
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottrnelson View Post
I'm glad that I bought Touratech aluminum hard bags. They're tough and I don't see any parts breaking or falling off of those.

Yes, they're a bit "square", but they work.

these are the goods. just dont lose the lids
very use full as seats and tables too.

just too add, if you've used these cases for the whole time you've been on these big trips ,then i rekon they've done pretty good. but they are still shit. i have had both gobis and touratechs.
Gimme 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 05:44 AM   #56
rossguzzi
990 Adv.
 
rossguzzi's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2012
Location: Bottom left hand side of OZ
Oddometer: 647
When people say they break off, should you carry a part to fix them back on? What breaks?
rossguzzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 06:18 AM   #57
Sporting Wood
I <3 Energizer Bunny
 
Sporting Wood's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2011
Location: Horneytown, NC
Oddometer: 825
Quote:
Originally Posted by rossguzzi View Post
When people say they break off, should you carry a part to fix them back on? What breaks?

The latch that attaches them to the frame snaps off.

I carry big zip ties but most use short tie down straps to hold them onto the frame.
Sporting Wood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 11:57 PM   #58
rossguzzi
990 Adv.
 
rossguzzi's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2012
Location: Bottom left hand side of OZ
Oddometer: 647
Tnks
rossguzzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 02:40 PM   #59
MrSandman818
INaVANdownBYtheRIVER
 
MrSandman818's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2009
Location: El Paso, Tejas
Oddometer: 747
Mine have been working great since 05. have almost 30,000 miles on the bags. definitly have 30k on the bike. had a few good spills and there still holding up. until I was rearended 2 weeks ago. only thing that broke was the latches that hold them onto the bike. When I was hit they immediatly broke and the bags flew, like they were supposed to. It freaked the girl out cuz she thought those were my limbs.. Gonna order new latches and rivet them in and run em another 30+k. And still using the water storage function. love it.
__________________
-Chrome don't getcha home, but carbon fiber sure is fancy

My real name is Chris to stop the cornfusion at the RTE's
MrSandman818 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 03:54 PM   #60
Katoom72
Studly Adventurer
 
Katoom72's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2012
Location: Belgium
Oddometer: 813
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSandman818 View Post
Mine have been working great since 05. have almost 30,000 miles on the bags. definitly have 30k on the bike. had a few good spills and there still holding up. until I was rearended 2 weeks ago. only thing that broke was the latches that hold them onto the bike. When I was hit they immediatly broke and the bags flew, like they were supposed to. It freaked the girl out cuz she thought those were my limbs.. Gonna order new latches and rivet them in and run em another 30+k. And still using the water storage function. love it.
Ok you sold me a pair
__________________
Now:
'03 KTM 250sx -- '05 KTM Adventure 950
Before:
'00 KTM 250sx -- '03 KTM 450sx -- '03 Yamaha R6 -- '08 KTM SuperDuke R --- '13 KTM 690 enduro R
Katoom72 is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 09:13 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014