Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-03-2013, 08:00 AM   #3121
Reposado1800
Juicy J fan!

Oddometer: 5,758
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbreeze View Post
ok - your bike, your ride, your choice. It just looks like an accident waiting to happen to me.
I agree. Just bring a change of underwear and a toothbrush. Motels usually provide free soap and a foil pack of shampoo.
Old 05-03-2013, 08:15 AM   #3122
buck80mph
"Power Junkie"

Oddometer: 196
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reposado1800 View Post
I agree. Just bring a change of underwear and a toothbrush. Motels usually provide free soap and a foil pack of shampoo.
I don't get it...
As your signature says "Hate gets you no where", but a bagged out CB11 can bring u all over North and South America...
buck80mph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 08:21 AM   #3123
Reposado1800
Juicy J fan!

Oddometer: 5,758
Quote:
Originally Posted by buck80mph View Post
I don't get it...
As your signature says "Hate gets you no where", but a bagged out CB11 can bring u all over North and South America...
Your bag setup looks risky. Too much potential for flopping. I would just run a top box, tank bag and one more secured behind your butt on the seat.
Old 05-03-2013, 08:59 AM   #3124
hoodellyhoo
Dummy

Oddometer: 217
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3-SRT8 View Post
For fun. I restore only the early, Post WW-II televisions.

When I receive them, they are usually dirty, dusty, and dead for at least 50 years.

Forgotten names, like DuMont, Admiral, Stromberg-Carlson, RCA Victor, Raytheon, Zenith, Philco, and more.

I'll be one of five featued speakers at the Early Television Foundation this May 17th, in Hilliard, Ohio. It's the nation's TV museum, showcasing the largest collection of vintage television in the world.

Sorry to thread hijak, but please please please start your own thread about this in Shiny Things!! I would love to see more pictures and learn how it's even possible to restore something like that.
hoodellyhoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 09:51 AM   #3125
NJ-Brett
Brett

Oddometer: 6,377
What is with people these days?
I used to take month long rides camping the entire time and had 1/4 or less of that stuff on my bike, with no saddle bags, hard cases, or anything but a tank bag for convienience.
I just strapped it on the back seat and above the tail light, a small tent, a big sleeping bag, a bag o tools, and a small duffle with clothes.
All the BS stuff went in the small tank bag.
NJ-Brett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 10:19 AM   #3126
mrbreeze
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 8,417
the first road trip I ever took - luggage consisted of a change of underwear, tooth brush, and tooth paste. All in the pockets of my surplus Army field jacket.

I stayed gone for two months.

Travels with Maw Maw
mrbreeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 11:16 AM   #3127
Gypped
Backyard Camper

Oddometer: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbreeze View Post
the first road trip I ever took - luggage consisted of a change of underwear, tooth brush, and tooth paste. All in the pockets of my surplus Army field jacket.

I stayed gone for two months.
You must have smelled delightful that entire time as well.

My last 3 week trip, I took a duffel bag, a tent and tank bag. I don't see the need to go making a stink about how others choose to pack. If you're that offended by other people taking more than you choose to, go to a bike rally and pick a fight with someone on a Goldwing. And if you're going to play it up as a safety issue, I've seen people on cruisers with similar set-ups that have made it across country and through the Dragon just fine... slowly perhaps, but they didn't lose any items.
Gypped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 11:16 AM   #3128
Gezerbike
Hey Rocky...........

Oddometer: 3,489
I was in my local dealer last night and they still have their first bike on the floor after almost 2 months with no takers. Non ABS bike that is now reduced to $ 9099.00. It so far has been a cold wet spring, but I would have thought this bike would have moved sooner.

Mike

2012 R 1200 GS RALLYE
Gezerbike is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 11:25 AM   #3129
Gypped
Backyard Camper

Oddometer: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gezerbike View Post
I was in my local dealer last night and they still have their first bike on the floor after almost 2 months with no takers. Non ABS bike that is now reduced to $ 9099.00. It so far has been a cold wet spring, but I would have thought this bike would have moved sooner.
I'm guessing it's partly location; my mom and grandparents still had snow on the ground in Iowa last time we talked so I'm betting there's not been a lot of bikes of any type sold there this year. I know that the local dealer here had 3 they sold within a day of each hitting the floor, but I'm in Florida... so it's warm(ish), and there's a lot of the target demographic for the bike (i.e. old farts )
Gypped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 12:22 PM   #3130
buck80mph
"Power Junkie"

Oddometer: 196
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypped View Post

My last 3 week trip, I took a duffel bag, a tent and tank bag. I don't see the need to go making a stink about how others choose to pack. If you're that offended by other people taking more than you choose to, go to a bike rally and pick a fight with someone on a Goldwing. And if you're going to play it up as a safety issue, I've seen people on cruisers with similar set-ups that have made it across country and through the Dragon just fine... slowly perhaps, but they didn't lose any items.
Amen!
buck80mph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 01:56 PM   #3131
jamboa
jamboa

Oddometer: 852
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ-Brett View Post
What is with people these days?
I used to take month long rides camping the entire time and had 1/4 or less of that stuff on my bike, with no saddle bags, hard cases, or anything but a tank bag for convienience.
I just strapped it on the back seat and above the tail light, a small tent, a big sleeping bag, a bag o tools, and a small duffle with clothes.
All the BS stuff went in the small tank bag.
Its called over packing & souvenirs! LOL! Fir the Harley faithful it is a t-shirt from every dealer they come across. The rest of us are guilty as well. I left for a 3 week tour last summer and half way there I shipped half the shit back home.
13 CB1100F
12 Speedmaster
jamboa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 01:57 PM   #3132
jamboa
jamboa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypped View Post

makes sense to me!
13 CB1100F
12 Speedmaster
Old 05-03-2013, 02:00 PM   #3133
jamboa
jamboa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gezerbike View Post
I hope not to many are sold as I like being on a unique bike. I still don't see many Bonnies and that is fine with me!
13 CB1100F
12 Speedmaster
Old 05-03-2013, 09:44 PM   #3134
k-moe
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,544
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamboa View Post
I hope not to many are sold as I like being on a unique bike. I still don't see many Bonnies and that is fine with me!
I want more of them to be sold. The very reason that bikes like this don't usually get imported to the US is because not many get sold.
k-moe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 09:55 PM   #3135
dirtdreamer50
long time rider

Oddometer: 1,060
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3-SRT8 View Post
Nope! Not Frank Sinatra.

Richard Widmark, in "Kiss of Death" (1947)
I stand corrected. Went back and looked again with Widmark in mind and now it looks just like him, to me. Sinatra was very popular on early TV shows, and I just glanced at the pic, thinking it was he....
dirtdreamer50 is offline   Reply With Quote