Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-06-2013, 05:54 AM   #166
RichBeBe
All Hail Seitan!!!

Oddometer: 6,115
Awesome
You'll be an ASSr soon!!!
Sorry to hear about Haley's knee, injuries suck but hopefully she relaxes and heals.
BTW in the ECEA BSSr is one of the most competitive classes and almost impossible to win. If it is the same down there, even better for you winning.
Old 02-07-2013, 06:32 PM   #167
Tbone OP
off-ramp slayer

Oddometer: 4,250
I'm keeping a spread sheet on advancement points...
Tbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 01:35 PM   #168
Future ten
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 205
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichBeBe View Post
Awesome
You'll be an ASSr soon!!!
Sorry to hear about Haley's knee, injuries suck but hopefully she relaxes and heals.
BTW in the ECEA BSSr is one of the most competitive classes and almost impossible to win. If it is the same down there, even better for you winning.
It is a fast class, we sent three riders up that go very well also. Really steady paced class that hammers in the laps all day.
Old 02-27-2013, 07:23 AM   #169
Tbone OP
off-ramp slayer

HS#10 Battle of Buffalo Creek HS

This weeks race takes us to south central Florida and the Battle of Buffalo Creek HS. There are actual Buffalo usually on the property and we get to cross a small creek 3-4 times. Haley decided to wait another race while her knee gets better so that left just me racing. Saturdays course was 11 miles.

With the temp in the low40's it was a perfect day for racing. We had 9 guys on the line along with 4 women's A riders as the horn went off and my bike fired in one kick....holeshot!

I'm not sure what got into me but at this point I'm hauling. Making sure the bike is in the right gear and on the pipe has me hearing nothing but silence behind me after the first few miles.

Just as I'm settling in I hit a section of trees with the roots exposed like a spider web. I lose the front, grab a fistful of throttle while trying to recover and go down with a bang to my head from a very mean tree. "D@mn that hurt!" I think as I quickly try and get the bike up and going again. I look back as I take off and still no one coming..I might have gone too fast too soon I realize as let's remember this is a 2hr race!
I slowly get my bearings at the 1/2 way point of the lap. A wrong turn at a reroute has me realizing Marcelo Dadone and Don Chris are back on my tail as we pass through to end the first lap. I'm still in first but not for long.

It's not uncommon to swap places over a 2hr period. Don and soon Marcelo both get by me as my arm pump from leading the first lap has now worked it's way up to my elbows Nothing I can do but try and relax my grip and put the miles behind me. I really learn to hate the section of big sand whoops as my arms scream trying to keep the bars going in the right direction. I trade back and for the with a couple of Senior B riders (#420 Mark Prenoveau) on the 2nd lap and my buddy David Jensen(#8) on the 3rd. I yell "you've got to be kidding me!" when i see we are going out for a 4th lap as the course is really getting beat up. A spectator responds with "we been hearing that a lot"..no kidding. By the 4th lap I decide I really need to push again and 1/2 way through I passed back by Don Chris as he's pulling his bike out of the bushes. Not long after he blows past and I wait to see. Few miles later Don is picking his bike off a section of slick muddy roots and I sneak back by again. I keep hoping he won't realize it's me as every time he does he gets fired up an blows back by! I ended up with the fastest last lap of the class but was to little to late. I ended up in 3rd which was great though and about where I should have finished. Congrats on the win Marcelo!

Super Senior B
Place Bike Number Rider Name Bike Brand City, State Points Scored Promotion Points Counted Laps Elapsed Time
1 15 Marcelo Dadone
HON
Aventura, FL 50 10 4 1:51:43
2 24 Don Chriss
KTM
Orlando, FL 47 5 4 1:52:04
3 117 Troy Stainbrook
KTM
Odessa, FL 45 4 4 1:52:24

4 392 Jack Hatfield
KTM
Trinity, FL 43 3 4 1:55:31
5 35 Daniel Holder
HON
Apopka, FL 41 2 4 1:59:13
6 42 David McArthur
YAM
Cocoa, FL 40 0 3 1:27:35
7 17 Todd Strausbaugh
KTM
Ft Myers, FL 39 0 3 1:29:32
8 8 Levic Allen
HON
Valrico, FL 38 0 3 1:32:57
9 60 Lou Tunno
KTM
Boca Raton, FL 37 0 3 1:36:00
DNF 325 Frank Gamperl
KTM
Deerfield Beach, FL 0 0 0 0:00:00

Tbone screwed with this post 02-28-2013 at 06:12 AM
Old 02-27-2013, 06:12 PM   #170
DC950
Microadventurer

Oddometer: 2,755
well, I'm glad to see there is still some reason to pop in on this site every now and then! Great job Troy! It's baseball season here for the boys (I coach) and then time for me to play it after that.

DC950 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 04:41 PM   #171
Tbone OP
off-ramp slayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC950 View Post
well, I'm glad to see there is still some reason to pop in on this site every now and then! Great job Troy! It's baseball season here for the boys (I coach) and then time for me to play it after that.
Thanks DC! Time for you to blow the dust off yours and post up a ride.
Old 03-01-2013, 07:05 AM   #172
bh321
Adventurer

Oddometer: 32
"I let out a big 'Whooooooooo" as I crossed through the scoring chicane basking in a feeling that only one thing in life can duplicate..winning."

Awesome description!
bh321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 04:40 AM   #173
Tbone OP
off-ramp slayer

HS#11 Hauling Tail III

Hauling Tail III is brought to us by Nature Coast Trailblazers and is located in dade City, Fl This is a fast course with not much for elevation changes but nicely lacking in sand whoops and palmetto's. Sat/Sun mileage is 9.5.
It's been a while since Haley has raced. She wrenched her knee pretty badly at the Azalea city round so has been on the mend and finally feeling good this weekend. With that in mind the goal for this race was just to put in some laps with no drama and have fun again. Based upon her smile at the end of the race the mission was accomplished. A few more like this and we'll concentrate on pushing harder.

19th out of 23.

13 guys on SSB line as the horn blows and my bike fires to life. Don Chris (#24) got the holeshot and I slid into 2nd place as we headed into the woods. It's all I can do top keep Don in sight. he hits the ground right before we hit the fields so I'm in first for a few miles..won't last...ha! I hear Don come up behind me and I let him by as I just want to try and use him to get some separation from the rest of the pack behind.I finish the first lap in 2nd. The next lap both David Wildner(#46) and Marcelo Dadone (#15) get by i manage to re-pass Marcelo right before the pines and don't see him anymore (He ended up getting a flat rear tire and had to retire). I run in 3rd the rest of the lap.

Lap 3 is where the fun begins. I'm a little over 1/2 way through the lap when i hit a nasty root. The rear kicks out so badly I'm thrown from the bike and get enough air to realize " Cr@p this going to hurt!" as I return to terra ferma and roll a few times tweaking my ankle in the process. Seems over a dozen riders ended up crashing in the same spot before they could get the root cut out! Tom Miller runs up to check on me just as I realize the bars have rotated down. We give them a tug with no luck as Frank Gamperl (#325)rides by with a holler and takes over 3rd place...dang! Looks like I have no choice to try and ride the bike with the bars screwed up. I take off and find out it's not ideal but I can manage. Great in a straight field, miserable in the whoops, and something i just laugh at and point out to the spectators as I ride around. I end the 3rd lap in 4th.

The 4th lap starts to bother my wrists. I start to think about the big picture of 2 sprained wrists as I crawl through the pines section. I get passed by 2 more guys in my class as my hopes of a decent finish quickly fade. I roll through the chicane in 6th and simply can't do any more as my hands are officially numb now. Wasted opportunity for a good finish but that's why they call it 'Racing and not riding. I'm really glad Haley had a good race as I love watching her ride and have fun so still a great weekend!

Super Senior B
Place Bike Number Rider Name Bike Brand City, State Points Scored Promotion Points Counted Laps Elapsed Time
1 24 Don Chriss
KTM
Orlando, FL 50 10 5 1:45:51
2 325 Frank Gamperl
KTM
Deerfield Beach, FL 47 5 5 1:47:01
3 392 Jack Hatfield
KTM
Trinity, FL 45 4 5 1:48:01
4 10 Joe Wythe
YAM
New Port Richey, FL 43 3 5 1:49:42
5 240 William St Laurent
HSA
Longwood, FL 41 2 5 1:54:59
6 19 Dave Wagner
KTM
Orlando, FL 40 0 5 1:59:31
7 46 David Wildner
KTM
New Port Richey, FL 39 0 4 1:23:54
8 117 Troy Stainbrook
KTM
Odessa, FL 38 0 4 1:27:32

9 171 Matt Oatway
HON
Longwood, FL 37 0 4 1:34:16
10 15 Marcelo Dadone
HON
Aventura, FL 7 0 1 0:21:28
11 8 Levic Allen
HON
Valrico, FL 7 0 1 1:49:46
DNF 4 Kurt Drummond
KTM
Port Richey, FL 0 0 0 0:00:00
DNF 41 Marty Sapsford
KTM
Ormond Beach, FL 0 0 0 0:00:00
Old 04-17-2013, 10:24 AM   #174
Tbone OP
off-ramp slayer

HS#13 Hard Labor Creek HS

This weekends race was being held up in Chipley, Florida and put on by the Tallahassee Trail Riders (TTR). The property is beautiful with acres of large mature pines with little elevation change but good dirt(no sand) and some muddy/clay areas to keep things interesting. The area had received a good amount of rain Thursday night so conditions were looking prime!
Haley was once again out to get seat time and work on getting her confidence back. A few good wrecks this year has her cautious yet willing to work on her skills as she told me she was concentrating on her body position in the corners (thanks Lacey(Womens A) for the tips!).

8th out of 9 in Junior C.

My experience with this race has not been pleasant. First year I lost my shifter and last year it was a flat tire so my goal at this point was just not to have any mechanical issues. I was having problems with my glasses fogging on the practice lap so I made the decision to race without them. Things far away looked fuzzy but maybe not seeing all the roots in the trail would be to my advantage..ha! I was also using roll-offs on my goggles for the first time so much unknown.

The track was in great shape Sunday morning but a light rain greeted us on the line. Nine SSB racers jumped at the horn as William St. Laurent(#240) pulled the hole shot with Don Chriss (#24) and then myself falling in line. A few miles in Will slowed and let us by as he had arm pump so bad he didn't want to hold us up..thanks! Another little bit and i managed to loose the rear on a off camber corner and go down..dang it! I'm not sure how many guys passed me as I remounted and took off in catch up mode. At one muddy/rutted section I came up David Widner(#46) laying in the mud. Later in the lap I passed Don Chriss trying to pull his bike out of a giant rut.

Now when it comes to mud I have veeeery limited experience. My approach was slow and steady with feet out and the look of a man totally out of his element. I simply didn't want to spend the energy trying to fix anymore mistakes than necessary. The first lap came to an end as I looked over...SSB... 1st place! I figured that it had to be a scoring error as I simply didn't remember passing that many people back. 1/2 way into the next lap I hear a bike behind me and look over to see David McAurther(#42). I haven't raced against Dave much this year but since he had caught me I let him by so I could follow him. Soon i realized Dave is a master of the mud. There was a section about 100yds long of black soupy mud before the boat jump...yes, boat jump and he was up on the pegs and pulling away!...cr@p!. I 'd manage to reel him back in via the faster woods sections but we came through to finish the 2nd lap and I was in 2nd place..mmm...maybe the scoring isn't wrong.

Dave laid the bike over in a corner..I pass him. I'm waddling through the mud and back by he comes. I'm staying on his tail but not pushing the issue. We come to the last muddy creek crossing and i pick a better line...sort of. I have to hop off the bike and pin the throttle but after flopping the bike over on the other side I get it picked back up and take off in first...3rd lap ends that way too.

4th lap and here we go again..Dave passe me in the muddy section and pulls some time on me but I close back up in the woods..it's going to come down to the last creek crossing it seems. Dave disappears into the woods and I round the corner to see what happened...he's buried! Seems a course worker had suggested a line that was deeper than he thought. I look to the far right as another workers tells me I can make it if i pin it...so in we go. I manage to get the front wheel on firm ground as I hop off the bike again to pin the throttle and push. Just as I get out to the other side I look over and so see Dave frantically trying to free his bike to no avail. For the rest of the lap I just concentrate on staying smooth. The checked flag greets me with a scoring display that says "1st" and I still can't believe it. I had thought on the last lap I didn't care who won as it was so much fun battling with Dave..felt bad for him as he finally rolled through in 5th place..all because of one bad line. What a fun race!

Super Senior B

1 117 Troy Stainbrook
KTM
Odessa, FL 50 10 4 1:43:10

2 46 David Wildner
KTM
New Port Richey, FL 47 5 4 1:44:16
3 8 Levic Allen
HON
Valrico, FL 45 4 4 1:44:18
4 325 Frank Gamperl
KTM
Deerfield Beach, FL 43 3 4 1:45:25
5 42 David McArthur
YAM
Cocoa, FL 41 2 4 1:45:45
6 240 William St Laurent
HSA
Longwood, FL 40 0 4 1:48:11
7 24 Don Chriss
KTM
Orlando, FL 39 0 4 1:48:13
8 35 Daniel Holder
HON
Apopka, FL 38 0 3 1:29:10
9 21 David Davis
KTM
Lake City, FL 18 0 2 0:56:02

Tbone screwed with this post 04-19-2013 at 04:24 AM
Old 04-17-2013, 10:29 AM   #175
RichBeBe
All Hail Seitan!!!

Oddometer: 6,115
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbone View Post

Old 04-18-2013, 10:43 AM   #176
Tbone OP
off-ramp slayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichBeBe View Post

That "A" plate keeps getting closer and closer...
Old 05-03-2013, 10:34 AM   #177
Tbone OP
off-ramp slayer

HS#14 Anchor III HS

We head north to just outside Jacksonville,Fl for the Anchor III HS put on by River City Dirt Riders (RCDR). The property consists of 1000+ acres of planted pines and with recent rains dust was not a issue. Sat course was 5.5 and Sunday 9.8 miles.

Haley's race started out well as she took off mid pack and settled in.

She traded spots with some riders but the issue with everyone was the roughness of the track. Miles of pounding across raised pine rows had arms and legs burning from the constant standing it required.

on the 2nd lap she went over the bars and caught a handlebar to the stomach. That took the fight out of her as she completed the lap and called it a day.

9 guys on my line as we head to the first corner and I settle for 2nd place.

(Note the sea of pines trees behind me...ugh!)

Let the beating commence. The miles of pine rows pounds on me as I try and keep the leader in sight. The picture below sums up my season..watching Don Chriss #24(he locked up championship with this race win) standing on the pegs and disappearing from view as I ride sitting down and cutting every corner trying to keep up

David Wildner (#46) comes by and I manage to stay with them to complete the first lap in 3rd. The 2nd lap starts with me losing touch of them both (I just can't stand for that long) and William St.Laurent(#240B) comes by in a long section of pine whoops. I settle in behind him and wait soon we dump out on a long straightaway...time to drop the hammer. I hunch down on the bike with the throttle pinned in 5th and the motor on the pipe and screaming. I pass back by Will and another slower rider as I jump hard on the brakes for the chicane..that section every lap was my favorite..billboard smooth and fast!

Not long after (Marcelo Dadone #15) comes by me in another whooped out section as I'm just helpless to watch him go by..can't run his pace. I can follow him though through the smoother stuff however as I watch him start to lose control in the pines..one foot flies off the peg and his leg crosses over the seat as he just misses a tree and lands in a heap in some bushes. I look over as I pass by and it's obvious his throttle had stuck and he was trapped under the bike. looked too dangerous to not stop so that's what I did. Got his bike stopped and him back on his feet as Frank Gamperl (#325) passes by.."GO" yells Marcelo as I hop back on my bike and try to catch up.

I end the 2nd lap in 4th place now as the struggle really begins to keep a decent pace. It's hot, I'm tired, and d@mn it I can't sit down! The pine rows are relentless as eventually Marcelo comes back by me after getting him self going again..d@ng it! Time to follow him so that's what i did/ I just sat on him and waited for my chance. Eventually we came to the corner that dumped out into my favorite straightaway. Marcelo in his haste dumps the bike just as I roll around him and race through the gears to get some distance. The corner worker gives me some applause as I brake deep into the chicane at the end of the straight with a smile on my face! I'd be remiss if I didn't mention Senior B rider David Jensen who I enjoyed riding with..good times Dave!

(Dave right behind me)

The scoring chicane couldn't come up soon enough as I crossed over for 3rd place! David Wildner had pulled over after 2nd lap so I improved from 4th to 3rd. Happy just to survive the tough course!

Super Senior B
0 8 Levic Allen
Valrico, FL 0 0 0 0:00:00
1 24 Don Chriss
KTM
Orlando, FL 50 10 3 1:29:45
2 325 Frank Gamperl
KTM
Deerfield Beach, FL 47 5 3 1:29:52
3 117 Troy Stainbrook
KTM
Odessa, FL 45 4 3 1:30:19

4 15 Marcelo Dadone
KTM
Aventura, FL 43 3 3 1:31:00
5 240 William St Laurent
HSA
Longwood, FL 41 2 3 1:31:01
6 392 Jack Hatfield
KTM
Trinity, FL 40 0 3 1:32:28
7 35 Daniel Holder
HON
Apopka, FL 39 0 3 1:36:01
8 46 David Wildner
KTM
New Port Richey, FL 38 0 2 0:59:28
9 41 Marty Sapsford
KTM
Ormond Beach, FL 37 0 2 1:13:2

Tbone screwed with this post 05-03-2013 at 10:44 AM
Old 05-03-2013, 10:50 AM   #178
kenny61
Crazy Idiot

Oddometer: 24,097
On the plains of hesitation lie the blackened bones of countless millions who at the dawn of victory lay down to rest, and in resting died. The only thing that comes to those who wait is old age. Too many dreams.... Not enough time. Not Scared of dying. Not scared of living. Just scared of the pain that separates the two...
kenny61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 10:22 AM   #179
Tbone OP
off-ramp slayer

Well last year truly was a dream season. Riding with good friends, no injuries, and much success.

2013 looks to be another great year! I went ahead and had new graphics made to prepare for a year of getting my ass kicked.

I hit a stump while riding at Croom ATV park prior to the first race and landed on my shoulder. I goofed something up in it but still tried to ride the Little Brown Jug enduro the following weekend. that resulted in a severely bruised foot, so I'm not having much luck this year.

At this point I needed to heal up so decided to skip the first race and cheer on Haley! She spent the weekend down at our suspension tuners house/shop/track (Tom Flemming) trying to get her comfortable on the bike. Tom finally hit on the idea of lowering the bike after watching her struggle doing some drills. Eureka!..what a difference it made. Hecontinued to tweak the bike and offer advice over the weekend as she left with the anticipation of having a much better season...Thanks so much Tom!!!!!!!!!

Race #1 took us to Bartow, Florida and the CFTR Badlands HS. Haley has decided to go back to racing Junior girls as there were more participants showing up this season, She had 2 other girls in her class and 33 riders total on her line! There were some nervous parents watching as the big class all funneled into the first corner.

As I watched her disappear out of sight my wife and I exclaimed to each other" She looks like she's actually racing out there!"..

20ish minutes later she comes into view and really looking good.

At this point I'm really excited. Haley has ridden races in the past, but damn if she wasn't racing now! I wait for her to come by the 2nd lap with anticipation....and I wait...and wait...crap....where is she?. I hustle over to Lori in another section and hastily ask "What happened to Haley?" with that familiar feeling of doom. Lori replies"What do you mean? She just came by"
Seems she was looking so racey I hadn't even recognized her...haha!

She comes around to the checker flag and due to the scoring display not working you couldn't tell what place she was in,,seems it was 1st !!!

Seems she managed to beat 8 of the boys too as she won her class and realized finally how good a race can feel when it goes smoothly.

We're so proud of her !!!!

Old 10-22-2013, 02:43 PM   #180
Scootern29
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 471
Great Job HALEY!!!!!!!!!!
Scootern29 is offline   Reply With Quote