Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Vendors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-01-2013, 07:02 PM   #31
Casper137
When in doubt Mumble

Oddometer: 82
Wish I saw this last week when I placed an order.

I will say the shipping was ridiculously fast.

Ordered last Wednesday and was at my house in Toronto from Calgary on Friday.

I be ridin an '09 DL650A with some ferrrrkles.
I also be ridin a Kawi Super Sherpa Derka Derka.
Casper137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 06:34 AM   #32
Emmbeedee
Procrastinators

Oddometer: 9,378
Quote:
Originally Posted by GPSCity View Post
As an established dealer of both Garmin and RAM for almost 20 years (man, that went by fast), we'd like to give back to the community that supports us the most and finds the best utility in our products!

www.gpscity.com / www.gpscity.ca / www.expressmounts.com
Fabulous! I've been suggesting GPSCity to people for a long time on this site so it's great to see yet another reason to buy from you! Too bad I've already bought almost everything I could possibly use.
Emmbeedee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 08:45 AM   #33
HaChayalBoded
Brooklyn Bored

Oddometer: 7,615
One thing that pissed me off is when you need to order a single small tiny item for $3 but then the shop charges you $14 for shipping.

GPScity charges realistic and actual shipping costs.

You want a single $7 ram part, shipping is $2, and it tells you right next to the items price how much shipping for that item is, you don't have to add to cart and start the checkout process only to find that the shipping costs 5 times what the item does.

Been buying my ram stuff from them for ages.

And their videos are great, sometimes you can't quit tell with just pics alone.
HaChayalBoded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 10:54 PM   #34
EvanADV
Big Bearded Boy

Oddometer: 1,334
Placed an order Tuesday and got my stuff today (Thursday)! Using free shipping! Just as fast as my Amazon prime shipping and significantly cheaper using the coupon code you gave us. Thanks for the great service!
First Trip on 2 Wheels. 10,000 miles. 21 years old.
NC to Maine for Lobster Dinner
EvanADV is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 11:58 PM   #35
AteamNM
Wonna Be ADVrider

Oddometer: 3,611
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emmbeedee View Post
Fabulous! I've been suggesting GPSCity to people for a long time on this site so it's great to see yet another reason to buy from you! Too bad I've already bought almost everything I could possibly use.
I have just been blown away by a recent purchase here at www.gpscity.com.

I have been looking at a GPS on the flea market for a while. I was leaning towards the 660 , drooling over the Montana and was told by a co-worker about his favorite GPS store. He just bought a Utah for his son and told me the basic model is $200. I then inquired to several in-mates here about the Utah and based on the comparison this web site provides , I compared the Utah to the Montana. Then look at the numerous reviews. The Montana is the cat daddy but also a battery eater. The blue tooth and other farkles just don't add up to the cost versus value for a poor KLR rider like me. The Utah is pretty dang cool. I ordered the Utah, paid a bit more for the N. American topo maps , still well under $300, free shipping and then called them. I asked if they could deliver the Utah to where I was working, tracking said Friday, ordered Monday. I received the package around 10:00 AM on Wednesday.

Hold on, I'm not done. I then was told that GPS Citry gives a discount for ADV'ers. I came here and dang it, I blew it. I then sent a PM to "G" explaining my screw up and very soon after received an email advising that I was credited @ $16 bucks back on my credit card. FFFFKKKK, awesome.

So yea, they have a fan for life. I am so impressed. My ADV contacts, relationships and good karma here is just over the top.

Thank you X1000 GPS City.

Ateam
AteamNM is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 07:12 AM   #36
zeeede
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 938
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeeede View Post
Your coupon code just got you my business! Thanks again!
Recieved my RAM bits last night, and a free surprise! How did you know my t-shirt size? I'll wear it with pride.
zeeede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 11:42 AM   #37
G19Tony
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 409
I'm a frequent GPS city customer too. I'd like to say thanks for the codes. I'll try to remember them, next time I need something. Now, if you'd only let locals come by and pick up stuff, like you used too.

Nothing's too cruel if it's funny enough.
G19Tony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 12:43 PM   #38
GPSCity OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 98
Thumb

Thanks for the support, everyone!

Quote:
Originally Posted by G19Tony View Post
I'm a frequent GPS city customer too. I'd like to say thanks for the codes. I'll try to remember them, next time I need something. Now, if you'd only let locals come by and pick up stuff, like you used too.
Don't tell them I told you, but you can actually still get an online pickup if you call a rep and set up a time (just preferably not a Monday, for their sanity). This ensures that we have someone to hand over the package available for you, etc. Just be sure put our address as the shipping address & call/email with the order number so we can set it up.

Also, if enough people ask for it in Vegas, we'd be happy to set up an "open house" day on a Saturday for inmates to check out some of the (9,000+) mounting options, GPS, etc. Could also be a good excuse for a BBQ!

G
GPSCity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 03:03 PM   #39
Gregg Wannabe
Just killing time

Oddometer: 2,378
Thanks GPS City

Just an unsolicited plug for GPS City. I have been buying stuff from them for years and have never been dissatisfied. They do a good job.
Gregg Wannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 03:15 PM   #40
G19Tony
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 409
Quote:
Thanks for the support, everyone!

Don't tell them I told you, but you can actually still get an online pickup if you call a rep and set up a time (just preferably not a Monday, for their sanity). This ensures that we have someone to hand over the package available for you, etc. Just be sure put our address as the shipping address & call/email with the order number so we can set it up.

Also, if enough people ask for it in Vegas, we'd be happy to set up an "open house" day on a Saturday for inmates to check out some of the (9,000+) mounting options, GPS, etc. Could also be a good excuse for a BBQ!

G
An open day with a BBQ would be outstanding. I hear rumors of a store front from time to time?

Nothing's too cruel if it's funny enough.
G19Tony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 04:07 PM   #41
Hawk
Bainned

Oddometer: 17,132
I cannot believe this but the order I placed on Wednesday was in my mailbox TODAY.... WOW from LV to East TN. You guys rock!!

Just placed another order, used the discount code this time

Thanks again guys, you have a life long customer.

Cheers,
John
Old 05-03-2013, 05:55 PM   #42
advNZer?
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,809
Quote:
Thanks for the reply! I've added a code to all three sites (www.gpscity.com www.gpscity.ca and www.expressmounts.com) that grants an instant 15% off of all RAM products. As always, shipping is free over $25 and since we're the largest stocking RAM dealer in the world, we'll typically get orders out the same day. No restock fees, etc. so feel free to try out any RAM items and simply return what you don't want to keep.

Coupon code: ADVRIDER15

If you have any issues with the code not working, etc. please feel free to shoot me a PM!

For a GPS and accessory, would you prefer an Oregon 450 w/ 24K or a Montana? I'll get a coupon code rolling.

G
would you ship a montana to New Zealand or does that contravene some agreement local dealers have with Garmin?
Old 05-03-2013, 06:02 PM   #43
GPSCity OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 98
We ship all of our products to users around the world, unless the manufacturer or a legal authority has explicit restrictions (ie. some radio products in the US cannot be used in Canada due to frequency/power restrictions). Any restrictions are noted on the product page, but I do believe you're safe!

G

Quote:
Originally Posted by advNZer? View Post
would you ship a montana to New Zealand or does that contravene some agreement local dealers have with Garmin?
GPSCity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 08:42 AM   #44
Hondo
What if its a Samsquamch?

Oddometer: 9,392
I just bought the Garmin 600 bundle- thank you for the $50 discount!

"Life's an adventure, and I refuse to live a boring one."

Hondo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 01:13 PM   #45
AteamNM
Wonna Be ADVrider

Oddometer: 3,611
Window suction cup Ram mount and N. American maps ordered. The (edit) OREGON Utah is gonna be set up for navigating in a cager now. Geez I am now GPS armed and dangerous.

GPSCity was again the bomb. Richard was very helpful, again shout out for GPSCity.

AteamNM screwed with this post 05-06-2013 at 04:25 PM
AteamNM is online now   Reply With Quote