ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > West California, the desert southwest and whatever is left
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-03-2013, 07:24 PM   #1
tilting40s OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 57
Marin to Cow Mountain HWY/Dirt ride.

Hey guys I'm thinking about doing this ride Wednesday leaving Marin/Fairfax at around 9:30am. I don't know what the trails are exactly like, but they should be fireroad-ish. I'm doing it on a 990 w/more street oriented tires. I'm looking for one or two more folks who want to join me on this. I'm going to refine something and do some more recon to try and insure everything goes as planned. PM me or post if you'd like to join.

View Larger Map

* I don't know why this mapped is routed around ridge road, but it would be strait through to Adobe Creek RD then HWY 157.

tilting40s screwed with this post 05-03-2013 at 07:30 PM
tilting40s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 08:00 PM   #2
lvscrvs
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 617
Not sure how much of this route you've done previously, but to my knowledge Pine Mt Rd dead ends and you can't get through to Adobe Creek.

The most dirt I know of to get up to Cow Mt would be to take Ida Clayton to Western Mine (dirt for a mile or so), then after Middletown, Big Canyon is dirt for about 5 miles, then Siegler Springs has some dirt. I think you then have to go to Lakeport to get to the dirt road through Cow Mt, but I'm not sure about that. Also, the Old Toll Rd which parallels Hopland Grade is dirt and a good ride.

Curious to hear how it goes.

Tiger 955i / Yamaha WR250R < Tiger 955i / DRZ400S / R1150GS < FJR1300 < DL1000 < BMW R1100RS < Ducati ST4 < DL650 zzzzz 30+ years zzzzz 125 Honda Elsinore < Suzuki TM250 < Yamaha 90 Enduro < Taco
lvscrvs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 09:37 PM   #3
tilting40s OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 57
Pine Mountain road seems like it might dead end into a dirt cul de sac of houses, but there is an easy way around it. I've followed the trail and nowhere does it just dead end-(looking on google maps). If you know of a gate that is up somewhere or anything like that then let me know, beside I'd expect to run into the unexpected, it's an Adventure.
tilting40s is offline   Reply With Quote