Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Orange Crush
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-03-2013, 01:00 AM   #2161
Zuber
Zoob

Oddometer: 1,726
Do as I say, not as I do. Had a TuneECU cable and modified it by 5000 miles. I didn't get it right until after the first valve adjust.

I have a 2010 990A, G2 throttle, loose valves, 2-1 exhaust, PowerTripp 2-1 tune = very smooth throttle from 2000-6000 rpm, 38-42 mpg, not as fast as an 'R', but on a rocky off-camber hill it will save your ass.
Old 05-03-2013, 09:47 AM   #2162
turdfergeson
Adventurer

Oddometer: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptinkaos View Post
I buy a bike to have it my way, not their way. I'm not an oxford top lawyer who wants to look cool, I wanna ride it.
Amen!
Old 05-03-2013, 09:05 PM   #2163
rossguzzi
990 Adv.

Oddometer: 756
Can anyone tell me what the 15 minute tune up does? Iv e done a search and found how to do it, but why and what does it achieve?
Took mine on a slightly bumpy track yesterday and it is hard to keep a constant throttle.

07 stock eccept Akra`s. Not sure what map is in it. Guessing it is stock. As said before I am looking at getting a cable and TuneECU map and a G2 Throttle tamer.

rossguzzi screwed with this post 05-04-2013 at 12:13 AM
rossguzzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 12:58 AM   #2164
Gustavo.Ramos
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 698
Quote:
Originally Posted by rossguzzi View Post
Can anyone tell me what the 15 minute tune up does? Iv e done a search and found how to do it, but why and what does it achieve?
Took mine on a slightly bumpy track yesterday and it is hard to keep a constant throttle.

07 stock eccept Akra`s. Not sure what map is in it. Guessing it is stock. As said before I am looking at getting a cable and TuneECU map and a G2 Throttle tamer.
It's a procedure to let the ECU set up the new parameters which the engine is running after loading new maps, etc..

Has been discussed before about its real usefulness, but it seems to be recomended by the manufacturer.

Raid de L'Amitié 2011 RR (link)
690R
Gustavo.Ramos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 02:55 AM   #2165
rossguzzi
990 Adv.

Another question if I may.............

Spoke to two of the main Dyno guys here in town and both said they were not interested in fine tuning a map if it is not a live updating type.

Is the TuneEcu a live updating type?

One guy said he can do Tune Boy, but from what I can gather that is a lot more $$ to buy etc.

If I was to get a cable and load up the map from TuneEcu, would I need to fine tune it? I have a 06 Adv with Akra slip ons.

rossguzzi screwed with this post 05-08-2013 at 03:28 AM
Old 05-08-2013, 04:15 AM   #2166
Spark01
V-Twin

Oddometer: 296
Quote:
Originally Posted by rossguzzi View Post
Another question if I may.............

Spoke to two of the main Dyno guys here in town and both said they were not interested in fine tuning a map if it is not a live updating type.

Is the TuneEcu a live updating type?

One guy said he can do Tune Boy, but from what I can gather that is a lot more $$ to buy etc.

If I was to get a cable and load up the map from TuneEcu, would I need to fine tune it? I have a 06 Adv with Akra slip ons.
Clearly those tuners are only to learned to work with a powercommander.
Hook the stuf to the computer, set AFR 13.0 across the range.
Do a few pulls on the dyno.
Presto, there is your custom mapping.....?.
Everybody with some technical skills and small introduction can do that.

Tuneecu cannot do a live update unfortunatly, i know tuneboy has a option to do a live update if there is a innovate LC1 is connected to the bike. But i don't know if it works that well.
For a Tuneboy normally you only have to pay for the tuneboy key at the tuner not buy the complete package which is $$$. price is on their site for only a key.

But do you need to fine tune your bike if you only upload the arka map on your bike with tuneecu?.
No you don't, but the map isn't optimal for every bike.
So it can cause for example a higher fuel consumption.
Old 05-08-2013, 07:18 AM   #2167
rossguzzi
990 Adv.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusty View Post
Getting the TPS and throttle cables adjusted properly is important, also a reflash of the map and reset the adaptive values and do the 15 min idle... I bet will do wonders for your bike.
All very easy with TuneECU.
Digging back through many posts I see this one. Can anyone explain, how to adjust throttle cables properly? Also what does reset the adaptive values mean?

Another newby trying to fathom all this !
Old 05-13-2013, 12:55 AM   #2168
tremmy
Adventurer

Oddometer: 45
Helppppp

Australian 09 990s runing wings and prefilter, currently run the 2010 R map. Is it safe to run the original map, or should I run the accro map. o2 sensors on/off. After reading for hours, I am still none the wiser.
Can someone please clarify this for me. Dont really need the extra power of the R map, but need the extra economy (long trips).
Cheers Peter
tremmy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 01:01 PM   #2169
Zuber
Zoob

The pre filter is the big game changer. I know of no specific map for that. It will restrict the airbox, make all the tunes run rich and cause you to need custom tuning. So, go custom or pull it.

With out the pre-filter, you can safetly run several maps for the 09-up Adventures.

The stock map for non-R's (09-11) is ok, has throttle control issues, but excellent mileage.

The Akro map is rich with the O2 sensors turned off. Runs strong, but uses a lot of fuel. Several Inmates have luck running this and turning the O2 sensors on.

The R map is rich in the upper range, more advanced timing (?) and runs hard. Sensitive throttle down low.

The Power Tripp maps are a good starting point. These are for 09-up Adv's with no Cats. There is a 2-1 map and a dual exhaust map. I've used the 2-1 map and it has a very smooth throttle 2-6k, decent mileage in the 38-42 mpg range. I've read that the dual exhaust is very good also. I think these are excellent maps as a starting point.
Old 05-13-2013, 04:30 PM   #2170
D K
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 480
09 maps on a 07/08?

Is it a major projectmto put an R map on the early 990's?
’08 950SE for sale in SoCal
’09 FE570 patiently waiting..
D K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 08:15 PM   #2171
Zuber
Zoob

Load the new maps on the older 07-08 and you could be making bricks.

I don't know of any plug-n-play solutions for those.
Old 05-13-2013, 08:32 PM   #2172
renogeorge
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,121
So, are there no remap options for an '07? Is re map even needed if running stock pipes with only SAS removal and change to foam air filter setup?
Old 05-15-2013, 12:53 AM   #2173
Loui€
Rides With Reindeer

Oddometer: 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by renogeorge View Post
So, are there no remap options for an '07? Is re map even needed if running stock pipes with only SAS removal and change to foam air filter setup?
Hi.

if your bike is running well, and MPG is OK, so no need to do anything (?)

as told here earlier many times already, --->2008 and 2009---> are different in cams and ecus, so not the hole maps are interchangeable.

but you can copy-paste fuel-parts to another;
does it help, that is another matter.

I made 2011 fueling to my 2008, it works OK, but I might (or not) go back, trying to get a little bit better MPG...

Main point for me was that I had bad stallin' issue, and tried to fix it many ways, fuel maps and 2nd b-flies and so, but the reason finally was wrong TPS adjustment (0,65V) + TBs not sync. (bike was in dealers shop to be fixed, but as usuall, afterwards I hade to do it myself to get it right...)
that combination made the idle to drop to 1000 - 500 - 0 rpm.
ever since I got them right, she has been running like angel...

L

Loui€ screwed with this post 05-15-2013 at 03:00 AM
Loui€ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 06:26 AM   #2174
pman13
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 147
Just wanted to say to say thanks to everyone on this thread. I retuned my 07 990S last night and the bike runs so much better. My wonky low throttle twitch is gone, the flat spot at 5K is gone, now I just need to see what the mileage is like. The PO had the Akra map and I was barely getting 100 miles out of a tank, so I can't see it getting any worse.

Thanks again!
2000 YZ 125 and 2007 KTM 990 Adventurer S
Member of: GLDS, NOMADS, AMA
pman13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 07:53 AM   #2175
rossguzzi
990 Adv.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pman13 View Post
Just wanted to say to say thanks to everyone on this thread. I retuned my 07 990S last night and the bike runs so much better. My wonky low throttle twitch is gone, the flat spot at 5K is gone, now I just need to see what the mileage is like. The PO had the Akra map and I was barely getting 100 miles out of a tank, so I can't see it getting any worse.

Thanks again!
Not sure what you are meaning. Returned to stock map?
If you have a TuneEcu map and it works, let me know which one? What set up do you have as far as pipes etc?