ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Central – From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-01-2013, 02:12 PM   #1
kckeeny OP
Poor Bastard

Oddometer: 3,401
Road America Super Bike Races 31MAY- 02JUNE

I didn’t see where anyone was talking about this so I’ll start.

Subway is giving free tickets with each $35 spent in their stores again. Details are pasted below.
Last year some of you camped there- I’ve wanted to do so since they started allowing it for spectators a few years back. This is one of my favorite weekends of the year and the track is world class. (We need a MOTOGP race there yet!)

So just a heads up as it’s the first weekend of June and they can sneak up on a feller.

LINK TO ALL INFO AT RA'S WWW

1. PROMOTION PERIOD: This Promotion begins at 12:01 a.m. CDT on April 1, 2013 and ends at 11:59 p.m. CDT on May 13, 2013, or while the supply of tickets last, whichever occurs first. Beginning on April 1, 2013, you may redeem $35 worth of Subway® Restaurant receipts from any participating Wisconsin or Northern Michigan Subway® restaurant and receive one (1) single day ticket for the Superbike Doubleheader — AMA on May 31 to June 2, 2013 at Road America, Elkhart Lake, WI. You may redeem your receipts for a maximum of four (4) tickets during this promotion. To receive a maximum of four (4) tickets, you would need to have $140 worth of Subway® receipts.
  2. CONDUCT OF PARTICIPATION: By participating in this Promotion, you affirm that you have read and agree to abide by the Official Rules. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any participant acting in violation of the Official Rules or found tampering with the operation of the Promotion. The Promotion is governed by the laws of the United States and, by entering, all participants hereby submit to the jurisdiction and venue of the federal, state and local courts located in Wisconsin and Milwaukee. ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE PROMOTION MAY BE IN VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS, AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM SUCH ENTRANT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
SPONSOR INFORMATION: Subway Franchisee Advertising Fund Trust, Ltd. on behalf of Market #025, 066, 104, 130 and 179, c/o BVK Agency, 250 Coventry Court, Suite 300, Milwaukee, WI 53217 is the Sponsor of this Promotion. AMA and Road America are not sponsors of this Promotion and their names and logos are registered trademarks and are used with permission.

Who's in?
Old 05-02-2013, 12:24 PM   #2
atomic frog
pavement ends, YEAH!

Oddometer: 303
Probably going to miss the "Super Cycle Classic" for the first time in 30 years, but this series sucks anymore. Going to the vintage races the weekend of the 8th and 9th instead.
atomic frog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 12:43 PM   #3
papalobster
With Gusto!

Oddometer: 12,908
I'll probably go to RA on Saturday, but that's about all. The fields are too small and I haven't followed the series for quite a few years.

That being said, if I get my free pass again I may go more. I hope to make at least one day of the vintage race, but with the missus out of town I don't know if I'll make it at all.
papalobster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 01:41 PM   #4
kckeeny OP
Poor Bastard

The vintage races are sweet too. Now that I am less a vintage bike, the swap will be less of a draw for me. Great cycle people both weekends though.
Old 05-02-2013, 01:50 PM   #5
psycho klr
Qu'est-ce Que C'est

Oddometer: 2,452
What happened to American Road racing? Do they even show AMA road racing on Speed anymore? I quit watching it after Nicky Hayden went to the GP class and it turned into the Mat Mladdin show (29 wins in three years!?!).
psycho klr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 03:20 PM   #6
hoodellyhoo
Dummy

Oddometer: 213
I assume they're done with the XR1200 class? Last time I went was a few years ago and that was the funnest race to watch.
hoodellyhoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 05:58 PM   #7
kckeeny OP
Poor Bastard

http://roadamerica.com/userfiles//20...ule_4_3_13.pdf

They call it the Vance n Hines HD something or other.
Old 05-03-2013, 05:49 AM   #8
papalobster
With Gusto!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoodellyhoo View Post
I assume they're done with the XR1200 class? Last time I went was a few years ago and that was the funnest race to watch.
I agree, it's kind of like the old 883 class of yore. That was a huge and competitive class. Slow as all get out, but there was always some great racing.
Old 05-03-2013, 07:48 AM   #9
vwboomer
Buffoon

Oddometer: 9,473
unless things have drastically changed I don't feel the weekend is nearly worth the price of admission. years back there were a was load of races. Sidecars and midget cars with GSXR engines. Yeah, nobody really gave a shit, but at least it was something to watch

Vintage weekend is pretty cheap and last time I was there, hardly any crowds. Nice

vwboomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 05:00 AM   #10
Big Augie
Transient

Oddometer: 1,049
Quote:
Originally Posted by papalobster View Post
I agree, it's kind of like the old 883 class of yore. That was a huge and competitive class. Slow as all get out, but there was always some great racing.
When Shawn and Billy ran 883's there were 30 - 40 bikes, and it paid a good purse for the riders. When it ended I wanted Hansen's to sell me Shawn's bike just like it sat, Mitch said no way(not stock by a long shot).
I would stand between the walls on pit lane with a radar gun getting top speeds, no matter what anyone tells you, going into 1 is the fastest part off the track for bikes. Well the AMA was standing behind me writing down top speeds, they caught 2 guys running cheater motors.
Shawn made a living racing AMA races until a few years ago, no money in it anymore thus the lack of riders.
I wish I could make the Vintage weekend, that looks like a fun one.
Old 05-22-2013, 06:42 PM   #11
zora
the explora

Oddometer: 2,075
Are any of you kids going to the Dairyland Classic that friday?
Old 05-22-2013, 07:36 PM   #12
vwboomer
Buffoon

Oddometer: 9,473
Quote:
Originally Posted by zora View Post

I will if I don't have to work. if scheduled I probably could anyway, but this early into the new job I might want to save those favors for later.

vwboomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 04:40 AM   #13
Mattbastard
Lazy ass

Oddometer: 1,971
Quote:
http://www.dairylandclassic.com/home.html

That looks really cool, I will probably go. And it's only 15 miles away for me.

I've always wanted to check out a flat track race anyway.
Mattbastard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 05:36 AM   #14
papalobster
With Gusto!

Quote:
I hope to. Not sure if the missus is coming though. She signed us up for a fishing tournament the next day

Gonna skip the AMA races. I even had free tickets lined up. I'll head over for the vintage races the following weekend though.
Old 05-23-2013, 08:17 AM   #15
ADWrider
AKA Acorn27

Oddometer: 82
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattbastard View Post
http://www.dairylandclassic.com/home.html

That looks really cool, I will probably go. And it's only 15 miles away for me.

I've always wanted to check out a flat track race anyway.

I would highly reccomend it. Some of the best racing around.