ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Central From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 05-04-2013, 06:26 PM   #59101
Gonzo_Matt
Random Hero
 
Gonzo_Matt's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2009
Location: Sparta, Ohio
Oddometer: 2,148
Good day of dual sport style riding once again....Mike, Alan, and I stumbled on a nice run of single-ish track, did the normal stuff, and had the strangest experience involving some "Deliverance" style amish kids and a old timer with a canoe......
__________________
My ambition far exceeds my talent

My VW Double Cab Truck Build thread
Gonzo_Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 07:20 PM   #59102
Solace
Studly Adventurer
 
Solace's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2007
Location: CMH, OH
Oddometer: 892
If there are no pictures then it didn't happen!

My annual Jim-Bo's Ride is tomorrow. I'll leave Columbus at 10:30 from the BP station on US23 just south of I-270 on the south end of town.

Will get to Jim-Bo's in South Bloomingville at noon. Eat a big-ass hamburger, kick some tires then continue riding.

Later,
M
Solace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 07:22 PM   #59103
indypup
╭∩╮( . )╭∩╮
 
indypup's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2010
Location: Troy, OHIO
Oddometer: 3,423
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonzo_Matt View Post
Good day of dual sport style riding once again....Mike, Alan, and I stumbled on a nice run of single-ish track, did the normal stuff, and had the strangest experience involving some "Deliverance" style amish kids and a old timer with a canoe......
So which one of you squealed like a pig?
__________________
don't do that...but if you do FILM IT!
2014 350 XCF-W Six Days SE
2007 ST1300, 2008 KLR650, 2008 WR290R Supermoto, 1995 Ninja 250R
Only a dog knows why a motorcyclist hangs his head out the window! Be real, be whole, be innovative.
indypup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 08:10 PM   #59104
sion
sigh-own
 
sion's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2010
Location: Hocking Hills
Oddometer: 3,517
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solace View Post
If there are no pictures then it didn't happen!

My annual Jim-Bo's Ride is tomorrow. I'll leave Columbus at 10:30 from the BP station on US23 just south of I-270 on the south end of town.

Will get to Jim-Bo's in South Bloomingville at noon. Eat a big-ass hamburger, kick some tires then continue riding.

Later,
M

which way you coming past me? I'll try to hook up with you
__________________
I say, there's no such thing as a bad day's riding. -metaljockey

whats the value of good gear?: http://www.advrider.com/forums/showp...ostcount=49301
sion is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 08:56 PM   #59105
bikeridermark
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Nov 2008
Location: Southern Ohio
Oddometer: 2,111
We're headed to Marlington area of WVA tomorrow afternoon. Leaving East main st. MickeyD's ( Chillicothe )about 1:30p.m.. If anyone wants to ride along, just show up. Coming home Monday.
We are actually going to look at a cabin a friend's uncle's estate has for sale. Plan is to sleep there if the key's out. If not, we'll stay in Marlington.
Bring a sleeping bag.
Prolly quick way down, scenic way back.
bikeridermark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 09:01 PM   #59106
sion
sigh-own
 
sion's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2010
Location: Hocking Hills
Oddometer: 3,517
Quote:
Originally Posted by bikeridermark View Post
We're headed to Marlington area of WVA tomorrow afternoon. Leaving East main st. MickeyD's ( Chillicothe )about 1:30p.m.. If anyone wants to ride along, just show up. Coming home Monday.
We are actually going to look at a cabin a friend's uncle's estate has for sale. Plan is to sleep there if the key's out. If not, we'll stay in Marlington.
Bring a sleeping bag.
Prolly quick way down, scenic way back.

snag the Farnsy tag on your way there/back
__________________
I say, there's no such thing as a bad day's riding. -metaljockey

whats the value of good gear?: http://www.advrider.com/forums/showp...ostcount=49301
sion is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 09:43 AM   #59107
MeefZah
Curmudgeonly
 
MeefZah's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2003
Location: New Philadelphia, Ohio
Oddometer: 10,504
Passed a red Strom and a yellow GS near SR 800 and Moravian Trail Rd., near Dennison a half hour ago. Both riders in hi viz jackets.

I gave ya the finga!!!!

Anyone here?
__________________
"A man turns his back on the comforts of home, and when the dust all settles and the story is told, history is made by the side of the road..." - DBT

My Smugmug Galleries
MeefZah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 11:31 AM   #59108
GregsBro
a.k.a. Scott
 
GregsBro's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2009
Location: central Ohio
Oddometer: 520
Looks like target fixation, ouch!

http://youtu.be/dNFaAqS2f18
GregsBro is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 12:20 PM   #59109
Danjal
Insert wit here.
 
Danjal's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2011
Location: Location,Location
Oddometer: 2,433
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregsBro View Post
Looks like target fixation, ouch!

http://youtu.be/dNFaAqS2f18
Id say. Ran right into them without any problems turning before and not at high speeds.
Danjal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 03:19 PM   #59110
MeefZah
Curmudgeonly
 
MeefZah's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2003
Location: New Philadelphia, Ohio
Oddometer: 10,504
There's a metric shit-ton of Harleys out today. Well, technically an SAE shit-ton.

I've about had my season's fill of bandannas, Oakley M frames, perpetual scowls, stupid goatees and shaved heads, loud exhausts, and pointless engine revving at red lights. The last idiot I was behind at a red light was working the throttle as enthusiastically as a monkey picking at it's own anus, and his goddamn bike was running so rich that I swear, I could wring my shirt out right now and gas would sqeeze from it.

Fuckmooks.
__________________
"A man turns his back on the comforts of home, and when the dust all settles and the story is told, history is made by the side of the road..." - DBT

My Smugmug Galleries
MeefZah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 03:43 PM   #59111
mgorman
Crashing since 1964
 
mgorman's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2006
Location: Massillon, Ohio
Oddometer: 5,006
I fixed one of those throttle jockeys a few weeks ago. He was behind me revving and blipping like he was intimidating me. About the 3rd or 4th light, I turned the kill switch off for a few moments, clutch out and rolling. Just as he rolled up revving, I turned the bike back on resulting in a rather loud backfire that brought peace and quiet. Wish I could have seen his face, those pipes are eyeball high to a cruiser rider.


At mile 575, hour 13.5, crossed the Indiana border 14 times in 100 miles, 2.5 hours to go
__________________
Michael

AES Racing - Crow Canyon Riding Park
mgorman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 03:46 PM   #59112
mgorman
Crashing since 1964
 
mgorman's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2006
Location: Massillon, Ohio
Oddometer: 5,006


__________________
Michael

AES Racing - Crow Canyon Riding Park
mgorman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 05:22 PM   #59113
indypup
╭∩╮( . )╭∩╮
 
indypup's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2010
Location: Troy, OHIO
Oddometer: 3,423
I just got home from the Grassman DS ride. I decided to check it out when my riding buddy couldn't make it to Renfro. OMG, was it tough. Kory's enduro buddy's were loving it. It was definitely the toughest ride I've ever attempted. MGorman, you probably would have loved it. Not sure if I saw your bike there or not. ;) I think I finished most of it except the grass trails at the end. I skipped those. ;)
__________________
don't do that...but if you do FILM IT!
2014 350 XCF-W Six Days SE
2007 ST1300, 2008 KLR650, 2008 WR290R Supermoto, 1995 Ninja 250R
Only a dog knows why a motorcyclist hangs his head out the window! Be real, be whole, be innovative.
indypup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 05:31 PM   #59114
CloneBoy
Future Adventurer
 
CloneBoy's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2011
Location: Midwest, USA
Oddometer: 94
Quote:
Originally Posted by indypup View Post
I just got home from the Grassman DS ride. I decided to check it out when my riding buddy couldn't make it to Renfro. OMG, was it tough. Kory's enduro buddy's were loving it. It was definitely the toughest ride I've ever attempted. MGorman, you probably would have loved it. Not sure if I saw your bike there or not. ;) I think I finished most of it except the grass trails at the end. I skipped those. ;)
anybody throw up a thread with pics yet or anything?
__________________
JC
Columbus, Ohio

When we riding?
CloneBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 05:37 PM   #59115
indypup
╭∩╮( . )╭∩╮
 
indypup's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2010
Location: Troy, OHIO
Oddometer: 3,423
Quote:
Originally Posted by CloneBoy View Post
anybody throw up a thread with pics yet or anything?
http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=876263

Not much on it yet.

I left my spare batteries for the gopro in the car so I only got video from the 1st hour. Whenever I can get buildit to edit the video, I'll post it over there. ;)
__________________
don't do that...but if you do FILM IT!
2014 350 XCF-W Six Days SE
2007 ST1300, 2008 KLR650, 2008 WR290R Supermoto, 1995 Ninja 250R
Only a dog knows why a motorcyclist hangs his head out the window! Be real, be whole, be innovative.
indypup is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 03:55 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014