ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Northeast - Greater Flugistan and home of the carpet baggers.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-29-2013, 06:35 PM   #451
sparrow
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,116
They're civilians. They don't know shit. I would be surprised if it turned out to be a Buell.
sparrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 06:46 PM   #452
Drewha
Thunderbirds Are Go

Oddometer: 499
Great time.

Fire Woman Lilolita getting ready to ride what she called "The Devil" CPB's EXC500.

Switchin to the TE610

Now thats a happy camper

Still smiling

Jgormely's flat repair with Matpoc

Thanks Rob. Another outstanding job!
Old 04-29-2013, 06:48 PM   #453
alcontrast
at least I'm trying

Oddometer: 1,541
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Seal View Post
I was in a local bike shop and there was a guy I know there that was pulled over by a DEEP agent who was on the warpath for a guy on a 450 that was riding around the ballfileds over and over with loud exhaust doing wheelies and stuff. A group of people with children called the ranger station to complain. I texted Rob at about 11:30 AM on Sat morn (so this happened Friday night)to give him a heads up in case it was anyone there at the C&R. It could have been a different group. In a seperate incident DEEP were looking for two KTM riders on 2 strokes that were caught going very fast on one of the dirt roads but ran from the cops.
No one was accusing you just trying to keep our group in the good category.
weird.. Most of us were camped pretty close to the soccer field there and yeah there were a few loud bikes (such as my f650) and a few people that rode OUT of the campground a little too aggressively but I don't think any of us heard/saw anyone ripping around in the field or anywhere in the campground for that matter. We would have told them to cut the shit before the group of people with children had the chance to call the police.. I got there around 4pm Friday and was at camp all evening and I never heard or saw anything like that...

There were a good number of bikes in the campground, at least 25 riders minimum spread out over at least 5 or 6 campsites... I suspect someone called the police and exaggerated what was going on to make it sound illegal.. And as Ken pointed out.. How would they know it was a 450 while it was supposedly blasting wheelies through the field? I can barely tell the difference between a 2 stroke and a 4 stroke ktm when it's parked. All the four strokes that are under 950cc look the same to me!

When in doubt, gas it. It will either fix the problem, or at the very least end the suspense.

07 650GS / 05 DRZ400S / 72 CB350 (that hasn't run since shortly after I bought it)
alcontrast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 08:04 PM   #454
Stan Dalone
Gotta get somma dat

Oddometer: 1,209
So, did I miss anything fun?

Wish I was a headlight.
Stan Dalone is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 08:06 PM   #455
alcontrast
at least I'm trying

Oddometer: 1,541
who was driving the Ford Rage Rover? That's great!

When in doubt, gas it. It will either fix the problem, or at the very least end the suspense.

07 650GS / 05 DRZ400S / 72 CB350 (that hasn't run since shortly after I bought it)
alcontrast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 09:33 PM   #456
MATPOC
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 736
Quote:
Originally Posted by alcontrast View Post
who was driving the Ford Rage Rover? That's great!

Drewha! It's a special Carrera Explorer model, no joke, limited edition!
MATPOC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 06:34 PM   #457
CO-or-bust
Wobbly Barn

Oddometer: 168
Thumb Have no idea how this "link" to smugmug might, or MIGHT NOT work...

My 1st Dual Sport/Camp-n-Ride weekend and I LOVED it!!! Thanks to akarob and any and all others that helped put it all together.

Here is my 1st attempt at posting some pics --- a little pre-ride/bike drama, and then a few typical campin' an ridin' pics...

Hope it works!!!

http://bartspics.smugmug.com/DualSpo...9189381_rr5Gzj

Hope to see many of you at future "Rides"/DS weekends/Camp-n-Rides, etc...
Old 05-04-2013, 07:52 PM   #458
Happy Seal
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,538
Al , I was at need for speed and there was a guy there that is a NETRA rider and acquaintance of the shop owner. He is a die hard Orange Koop aide drinker and has a couple KTM's himself. He rides the loop every Sunday morning and knows it very well, he is also a DR of some sort. He saw the guy driving around (not through) the field. Also a DEEP officer was at the store. When I walked in the Dr who knows me and my Beta asked me if it was one of our guys that owns the bike he saw. That is all. No harm no foul. I just wanted to give a heads up so none got busted and he just wants our good standing in that area to exist. I know nothing else except the guy is a real good dude. Deep said they were looking for the guy but that coulda been bs.