ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > The perfect line and other riding myths
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 05-06-2013, 07:49 AM   #20806
cliffy109
Beastly Adventurer
 
cliffy109's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2009
Location: Spotsylvania, VA
Oddometer: 1,588
Quote:
Originally Posted by RDTCU View Post
I asked, didn't I

Draggin' jeans have saved my skin on two separate occasions, and I've got knee pads on underneath.
The Variant doesn't pull as bad as you might think, actually.
My butt's off the seat, but I don't have to hang off like a GP rider in the S's in that section.

My only real fail of the week was getting a wheelie ticket in TN...
LOL... My first though on your pic was that the only fail is the position of your foot on the peg and perhaps that you should move your body more to the inside of the corner. I'm surprised you haven't made a flat spot on the edge of your boot already.

Looks like you're having a blast. No fail there!!!
cliffy109 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 07:57 AM   #20807
JimVonBaden
"Cool" Aid!
 
JimVonBaden's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2005
Location: Alexandria, VA
Oddometer: 48,682
Quote:
Originally Posted by RDTCU View Post
I asked, didn't I

Draggin' jeans have saved my skin on two separate occasions, and I've got knee pads on underneath.
The Variant doesn't pull as bad as you might think, actually.
My butt's off the seat, but I don't have to hang off like a GP rider in the S's in that section.

My only real fail of the week was getting a wheelie ticket in TN...
I was stretching pretty far!

Jim
JimVonBaden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 07:59 AM   #20808
RDTCU
Banned
 
Joined: Jun 2012
Location: South Carolina
Oddometer: 2,279
Quote:
Originally Posted by RidingDonkeys View Post
I drool every time I see his Husky...
There's a low-miles one for sale at Touring Sports in Greenville, SC, but they're asking more than I paid for mine new
RDTCU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 08:01 AM   #20809
RDTCU
Banned
 
Joined: Jun 2012
Location: South Carolina
Oddometer: 2,279
Quote:
Originally Posted by cliffy109 View Post
LOL... My first though on your pic was that the only fail is the position of your foot on the peg and perhaps that you should move your body more to the inside of the corner. I'm surprised you haven't made a flat spot on the edge of your boot already.

Looks like you're having a blast. No fail there!!!
My inside foot is on the ball, and I've got some worn spots on the sliders on the Gaerne's, but that's from leg-out in the insane tight stuff.

Here's another:

RDTCU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 08:04 AM   #20810
RDTCU
Banned
 
Joined: Jun 2012
Location: South Carolina
Oddometer: 2,279
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anticyclone View Post
Does your backpack have anything in it you wouldn't want to fall on? Tools for example?
Wrenches in a nylon bag, horizontal in the bottom of the backpack. Rolled on them plenty of times. That backpack's got more road rash than most of my other gear...
RDTCU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 08:07 AM   #20811
RDTCU
Banned
 
Joined: Jun 2012
Location: South Carolina
Oddometer: 2,279
I'm half-centered up because I'm coming up out of it.

RDTCU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 08:43 AM   #20812
cliffy109
Beastly Adventurer
 
cliffy109's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2009
Location: Spotsylvania, VA
Oddometer: 1,588
Quote:
Originally Posted by RDTCU View Post
I'm half-centered up because I'm coming up out of it.

Nice!
cliffy109 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 08:52 AM   #20813
B.Curvin
Feral Chia tamer
 
B.Curvin's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2004
Location: Left of the dial. Canton, NC
Oddometer: 2,708
Quote:
Originally Posted by cliffy109 View Post
LOL... My first though on your pic was that the only fail is the position of your foot on the peg and perhaps that you should move your body more to the inside of the corner. I'm surprised you haven't made a flat spot on the edge of your boot already.

Looks like you're having a blast. No fail there!!!



Inside foot on the ball of your foot. Outside foot on the arch. I feel I can push harder with my outside foot if it's on the arch. Especially on the SMs.
__________________
Mutt'n the custard.

Porsche Audi VW
B.Curvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 08:54 AM   #20814
B.Curvin
Feral Chia tamer
 
B.Curvin's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2004
Location: Left of the dial. Canton, NC
Oddometer: 2,708
Quote:
Originally Posted by RDTCU View Post
Do your worst...


Did you do the DS ride with Goosedog on Friday? I wanted to be there but had to work. Goose said he kept seeing side trails I have taken him on but he didn't know where they went so he kept quiet. I wish I could have been there.
__________________
Mutt'n the custard.

Porsche Audi VW
B.Curvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 08:57 AM   #20815
RDTCU
Banned
 
Joined: Jun 2012
Location: South Carolina
Oddometer: 2,279
Quote:
Originally Posted by B.Curvin View Post
Did you do the DS ride with Goosedog on Friday? I wanted to be there but had to work. Goose said he kept seeing side trails I have taken him on but he didn't know where they went so he kept quiet. I wish I could have been there.
No, we moved over to Sylva Friday morning, did hit some gravel there, but not much. The best part was the couple abandoned subdivisions around there, it's like a 25-30% grade hill climb with some crazy switchbacks and no cars.
RDTCU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 08:58 AM   #20816
RDTCU
Banned
 
Joined: Jun 2012
Location: South Carolina
Oddometer: 2,279
Quote:
Originally Posted by B.Curvin View Post
Inside foot on the ball of your foot. Outside foot on the arch. I feel I can push harder with my outside foot if it's on the arch. Especially on the SMs.
That's my usual approach.
RDTCU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 09:03 AM   #20817
RDTCU
Banned
 
Joined: Jun 2012
Location: South Carolina
Oddometer: 2,279
One of our guys wheelie-photo-bombing some others

RDTCU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 09:54 AM   #20818
aprilian
Can I change this?
 
aprilian's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2009
Location: MinneSNOWta
Oddometer: 413
Quote:
Originally Posted by RidingDonkeys View Post
No fail here. Cool truck!




And now for an obligatory fail.

Based on the lanyard hanging from the miror, I'm guessing the rear end is coming around on him.

We've seen bandana boy before http://advrider.com/forums/showpost....ostcount=20693
__________________
There is no such thing as bad weather, only inadequate clothing.
aprilian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 10:43 AM   #20819
slartidbartfast
Love those blue pipes
 
slartidbartfast's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2003
Location: Southern Louisiana or Southern England or ...
Oddometer: 4,792
Quote:
Originally Posted by aprilian View Post
Good catch! Well, we (mostly) said we wouldn't want to ride a suicide clutch bike very far - apparently he feels the same. Now I think both rider AND bike are lame.

Not like this guy I saw a couple of weekends ago. This guy deserves accolades for riding his original 1947, foot clutch HD from about 60 miles away to the Lone Star Motorcycle Museum in the TX Hill Country.
__________________
MSF Ridercoach IBA: 35353 95 R1100GSA, 93 GTS1000, 85 R80RT, 93 DR350/435, 99 RX125, 78 DT100
January 2010 New Zealand South Island ride
Summer 2009 UK to Alps ride
Summer 2008 UK End-to-End ride
slartidbartfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 12:31 PM   #20820
NCStephen
Riding NC
 
NCStephen's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2008
Location: Hillsborough NC
Oddometer: 2,929
Quote:
Originally Posted by slartidbartfast View Post
Good catch! Well, we (mostly) said we wouldn't want to ride a suicide clutch bike very far - apparently he feels the same. Now I think both rider AND bike are lame.
I am thinking that the rider of the bike is driving the truck and a buddy is playing in the bed with the bike.

NCS
__________________
03 BMW K1200 RS
03 Honda RC51
74 Honda CB750 K4
76 Pillion Rider Ver 1.0
Give a holler, get a smile.
NCStephen is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 09:26 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014