ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > West – California, the desert southwest and whatever is left
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-06-2013, 02:13 PM   #11
AnyDay
Wants more time off

Oddometer: 243
Quote:
Originally Posted by a41capt View Post
Schnebly Hill Road is more than passable on an adventure bike, and Forest Road 240 from there to Mormon Lake is bladed gravel. The ride up from Sedona is about a half hour as well as another 15 to 20 minutes over 240.

Anybody traveling that way is required to stop in at the Pinewood Fire Station (right on the 240 road in Munds Park) to say Hi to me and the other ADV rider boys on duty... Additionally, the Forest Service has shut down a few roads in the area, but I have free maps of the Coconino National Forest in my office that I'll be happy to hand out to anyone stopping (until they run out anyway!).

So, stop by for a cup of coffee and some bike talk. You can't miss the station, and we love company.

John
I'll be dropping down from 40 Wed afternoon. Hoping to have time to stop in, say hello, and have a coffee. (Schnebly sounds fun, but I don't want to get stuck out there alone if something 'silly' happens.)
AnyDay is offline   Reply With Quote