ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Tejas and the Gulf States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 05-06-2013, 06:45 AM   #12586
eeore39648 OP
Beastly Adventurer
 
eeore39648's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2008
Location: Mississippi
Oddometer: 1,940
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSrider View Post
Wow. The man that started all this...... 'sup James
Nothin much, just been layin low.
Workin in Mccomb weekly, in Terry on weekends.
I was talkin to a freind about the Oh Brother route.
He had not heard of ADV, so I had to inform him he was missing out. Lol, me too.
Sumpins gotta give here soon, I miss riding and the fellowship of all you guys!
__________________
2009 Kawasaki Versys
eeore39648 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 06:47 AM   #12587
Anticyclone
Ride more worry less
 
Anticyclone's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2007
Location: Columbus, MS
Oddometer: 5,164
Quote:
Originally Posted by eeore39648 View Post
Nothin much, just been layin low.
Workin in Mccomb weekly, in Terry on weekends.
I was talkin to a freind about the Oh Brother route.
He had not heard of ADV, so I had to inform him he was missing out. Lol, me too.
Sumpins gotta give here soon, I miss riding and the fellowship of all you guys!
We miss having you around too! Want to buy a DRZ?
__________________
Later,
Michael
"If I can't pass at a reasonable speed I do it unreasonably." - jdmetzger
Anticyclone is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 05:41 PM   #12588
eeore39648 OP
Beastly Adventurer
 
eeore39648's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2008
Location: Mississippi
Oddometer: 1,940
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anticyclone View Post
We miss having you around too! Want to buy a DRZ?
Thanks Anti! I have thought about it! You have a sweet DRZ! Of course I would have to put the stock springs and shocks back on it.
But I am wanting a Honda NC700X!
__________________
2009 Kawasaki Versys
eeore39648 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 06:34 PM   #12589
tslaw
aged n00b
 
tslaw's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2009
Location: Vxb, Mississippi
Oddometer: 2,595
Quote:
Originally Posted by eeore39648 View Post
Thanks Anti! I have thought about it! You have a sweet DRZ! Of course I would have to put the stock springs and shocks back on it.
But I am wanting a Honda NC700X!

Good deal on left over 2012's at Brookhaven Honda now. I like it as much as the Versys and it's not as tall. Power is not quite as good as the Versys but adequate for me.
tslaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 06:36 PM   #12590
Anticyclone
Ride more worry less
 
Anticyclone's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2007
Location: Columbus, MS
Oddometer: 5,164
Quote:
Originally Posted by eeore39648 View Post
Thanks Anti! I have thought about it! You have a sweet DRZ! Of course I would have to put the stock springs and shocks back on it.
But I am wanting a Honda NC700X!
I have all the stock parts.
__________________
Later,
Michael
"If I can't pass at a reasonable speed I do it unreasonably." - jdmetzger
Anticyclone is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 06:44 PM   #12591
Knightwork
Studly Adventurer
 
Knightwork's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2011
Location: Mississippi
Oddometer: 857
Heck --I want the Jeep that'sitting down this away--but have to buy it on $1.00 a week payments
__________________

'09 R1200GSA (Frau Brueller)
Knightwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 10:18 AM   #12592
eeore39648 OP
Beastly Adventurer
 
eeore39648's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2008
Location: Mississippi
Oddometer: 1,940
Quote:
Originally Posted by tslaw View Post
Good deal on left over 2012's at Brookhaven Honda now. I like it as much as the Versys and it's not as tall. Power is not quite as good as the Versys but adequate for me.
So, you have a NC700, tslaw?
I will be stopping by Brookhaven Honda!
__________________
2009 Kawasaki Versys
eeore39648 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 12:20 PM   #12593
tslaw
aged n00b
 
tslaw's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2009
Location: Vxb, Mississippi
Oddometer: 2,595
Quote:
Originally Posted by eeore39648 View Post
So, you have a NC700, tslaw?
I will be stopping by Brookhaven Honda!
Yep. When I went down there last July (I think) only a couple of weeks after they came out, they prepped one off the show room floor for my demo ride. Great deal last year (700 off MSRP with no fees) but $500 better now on left over '12's. You are welcome to ride mine if you are ever in Vicksburg or if they won't give you a demo in Brookhaven.


tslaw screwed with this post 05-09-2013 at 12:31 PM
tslaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 07:11 AM   #12594
babarnette
Studly Adventurer
 
babarnette's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2011
Location: Brandon, MS (On The Rez)
Oddometer: 893
Quote:
Originally Posted by tslaw View Post
Yep. When I went down there last July (I think) only a couple of weeks after they came out, they prepped one off the show room floor for my demo ride. Great deal last year (700 off MSRP with no fees) but $500 better now on left over '12's. You are welcome to ride mine if you are ever in Vicksburg or if they won't give you a demo in Brookhaven.

What kind of mileage/range do you get out of it? I like the design of the bike and the builtin storage appeals to me.
babarnette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 08:44 AM   #12595
tslaw
aged n00b
 
tslaw's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2009
Location: Vxb, Mississippi
Oddometer: 2,595
Based on the first 11K miles:

generally, 50 to 75 mpg depending on riding conditions.

75-80 mph --> 50-55 mpg

65-70 mph --> 60-65 mpg

55-60 mph --> 70-75 mpg


worst 2 tanks of gas: 65 mph into an unbelivable headwind = 46 mpg
75-80+ mph B'Ham to Vicksburg = 56 mpg
(Carabnsol's Versys was at 45 mpg)

best: 83 mpg going 50-55 mph riding with my crusier buds but wasn't
based on a full tank run

I can ride around Vicksburg to work and get mid 60's.
tslaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 08:47 AM   #12596
BradH
Gnarly Adventurer
 
BradH's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2013
Location: Brandon/Port Gibson, MS
Oddometer: 272
Sharp bike for sure!
BradH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 08:54 AM   #12597
tslaw
aged n00b
 
tslaw's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2009
Location: Vxb, Mississippi
Oddometer: 2,595
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradH View Post
Sharp bike for sure!
Thanks. It's makes a good commuter and is a reasonable compromise as my only bike. It's fun to ride but could use a little more power. I have had more exciting bikes but probably like this one second only to my FZ1. It's neck and neck with my Versys.
tslaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 07:12 AM   #12598
Switchblade315
Beastly Adventurer
 
Switchblade315's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2009
Location: personal hell
Oddometer: 4,728
Quote:
Originally Posted by tslaw View Post
Thanks. It's makes a good commuter and is a reasonable compromise as my only bike. It's fun to ride but could use a little more power. I have had more exciting bikes but probably like this one second only to my FZ1. It's neck and neck with my Versys.
you know what is funny is the FZ get's the best millage at 70 to 80. it get's less millage below 65. easy to tell where it has spent most of its life at mph wise.
__________________
When I die bury me upside down so the whole world can kiss my ass.

"My mind jumped off the high dive into the deep end of the gutter and took scuba gear with it" Me.
Switchblade315 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 07:55 AM   #12599
tslaw
aged n00b
 
tslaw's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2009
Location: Vxb, Mississippi
Oddometer: 2,595
Quote:
Originally Posted by Switchblade315 View Post
you know what is funny is the FZ get's the best millage at 70 to 80. it get's less millage below 65. easy to tell where it has spent most of its life at mph wise.
That bike was only ridden to church on Sundays by a little old lady.

It has gotten over 50 mpg at 65-70 mph. Would consistently get 50-53 mpg on the Trace at 55 mph. Lowest it got was 42 on a quick trip home from Barber. Don't twist too hard and it does real good for a powerful bike. That's what ticked me off when I went KLR only for a year: at speeds around 65 mph it got worse mileage than the FZ1 at 85 mph - 40 mpg with only a fraction of the power.

The FZ1will do better if you slow down, but you have to be smooth - it's hard not to blast up to triple digits just to hear it wail. It sounds like a sewing machine at 5000 rpm's but screams like a race bike from 7-11.5k.
tslaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 08:24 AM   #12600
Switchblade315
Beastly Adventurer
 
Switchblade315's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2009
Location: personal hell
Oddometer: 4,728
when i came back from b-ham with that wedding dress on the back i didn't come under 80 and it got 70mpg. and i get around 50 to 56 trace normal 2 lain stuff. back and forth to work it gets just under 50. but it's not even warming up good in 5 miles.

and i normally shift at the 4500 to 5k range, that's the sweet spot, and I put a cramp buster on it to help with my right hand hurting so bad, i haven't got to ride it over 2 miles with it on there but it alows me to relax my grip enough to let my fingers have a break. I have come to the conclusion that its a old injury causing my pain, i tore a ligiment in that hand years ago and that's where it starts hurting and ends up making everything but my pinky hurt from middle of my forearm.
__________________
When I die bury me upside down so the whole world can kiss my ass.

"My mind jumped off the high dive into the deep end of the gutter and took scuba gear with it" Me.

Switchblade315 screwed with this post 05-11-2013 at 08:30 AM
Switchblade315 is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 07:01 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014