Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-06-2013, 10:29 PM   #2281
Tripped1
Likely Lost.

Oddometer: 7,754
Quote:
Originally Posted by SGrider View Post
No comments about the Harley in Doohan's garage?

There were 15 bikes and a chopper in there...not to mention FIVE NSRs. The V-rod wasn't terribly impressive.
Tripped1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 10:29 PM   #2282
chasbo
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,536
Quote:
Originally Posted by SGrider View Post
No comments about the Harley in Doohan's garage?
Doohan rides whatever the fuck he wants....
Old 05-07-2013, 12:34 AM   #2283
Bounder
ExternallyDisplaced

Oddometer: 713
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tripped1 View Post
Aussies don't have the aversion to getting wrecked that Americans do. Its rather refreshing.
Doohan by all accounts doesn't handle the juice too well, certainly a bouncer in the NT of Aus has memories of it back in 2006.
Bounder is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 02:16 AM   #2284
yety61
Global Vagabond

Oddometer: 1,194
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurassic View Post
Interestingly it's rumoured that young brother Pol will be getting Cal's ride next season (not Bradleys!)

I've got to say, if this happens then MotoGP will have gone completely of the fucking rails.

No offence to Pol, who has done a mighty impressive job in Moto2, but the more logical choice would be Aleix to Tech3 on Smith's bike and Pol to a team with whatever they call the replacement for the CRT's.

But then, what has logic got to do with MotoGP.
yety61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 05:02 AM   #2285
Dunewar
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 350
Quote:
Originally Posted by yety61 View Post
I've got to say, if this happens then MotoGP will have gone completely of the fucking rails.

No offence to Pol, who has done a mighty impressive job in Moto2, but the more logical choice would be Aleix to Tech3 on Smith's bike and Pol to a team with whatever they call the replacement for the CRT's.

But then, what has logic got to do with MotoGP.
It would make sense if Cal would get Rossi's seat at Yamaha next year. Every week after race weekend, both Lorenzo and Rossi are throwing massive complements Cal's way on Twitter, almost preparing his seat. And when Pol goes to Tech3, maybe it is on a CRT next year...
Dunewar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 05:38 AM   #2286
manfromthestix
Lost in Space

Oddometer: 2,188
Quote:
Originally Posted by chasbo View Post
Doohan rides whatever the fuck he wants....
If I had the cash and time (and the most awesome fucking garage I've ever seen) I'd have one of EVERYTHING too.

I've been watching MotoGP for many years and have just given up trying to unravel the chess game of who goes where and why. It's like trying to guess which card will come up next from a well-shuffled deck. Some people can do it, apparently, but for a simpleton like me there are just too many variables (and I have a short attention span ). I'm ready for the next race!

BTW, yeah, I agree, it would be nice to see Ben Spies have a good, clean, competitive race. I think he's a better rider than his MotoGP record indicates. Gotta be frustrating, and we all know how hard it is to work through that shite and keep your level of effort up to 100%, especially if you aren't completely healthy.

Doug
Old 05-07-2013, 06:35 AM   #2287
RichBeBe
All Hail Seitan!!!

Oddometer: 6,147
Spies is/was obviously talented, but if he can't find the mojo this year, it is probably time to call it quits are try another series. I know the issues of shoulders since mine has been cut into twice and I could never roadrace again. But he sort of reminds me of what is happening to Ryuichi Kiyonari in BSB.
BTW I have never been a huge fan of his personality but of his riding since back in the days of him racing the Aprilia Cup 250's against Hopkins at Pocono.
Old 05-07-2013, 09:35 AM   #2288
Pecha72
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,822
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunewar View Post
It would make sense if Cal would get Rossi's seat at Yamaha next year. Every week after race weekend, both Lorenzo and Rossi are throwing massive complements Cal's way on Twitter, almost preparing his seat. And when Pol goes to Tech3, maybe it is on a CRT next year...
I thought Rossi's deal is 2013 - 2014?
Pecha72 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 09:45 AM   #2289
swimmer
armchair asshole

Oddometer: 4,360
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pecha72 View Post
Is.
swimmer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 09:48 AM   #2290
Osmin C
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 106
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pecha72 View Post
I'm 99.9999% sure it is.

Cal isnt going to Factory Yamaha, at least not next year. He will either stay with Tech3 another year hoping to be picked up by the factory in 2015, or he may end up at Suzuki whenever they make a return.

My .02
Osmin C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 09:48 AM   #2291
swimmer
armchair asshole

Quote:
Originally Posted by yety61 View Post
Who is to say Pol wouldn't be faster on the CRT bike than his brother?
Old 05-07-2013, 09:49 AM   #2292
Osmin C
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 106
Quote:
Originally Posted by swimmer View Post
Who is to say Pol wouldn't be faster on the CRT bike than his brother?
He may or may not be...but considering he isnt even the fastest guy in Moto2, its unlikely.
Osmin C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 09:56 AM   #2293
swimmer
armchair asshole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osmin C View Post
considering he isnt even the fastest guy in Moto2, .
A lot of people would probably disagree with you on that regardless of the current championship points/race wins this year.
Old 05-07-2013, 10:03 AM   #2294
maloosik
Squishimus Squidimus

Oddometer: 490
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osmin C View Post
I'm 99.9999% sure it is.

Cal isnt going to Factory Yamaha, at least not next year. He will either stay with Tech3 another year hoping to be picked up by the factory in 2015, or he may end up at Suzuki whenever they make a return.

My .02
Or replace Nicky.
I am happy to be here in this country and to know that the sport here is also important because the crowd here know about bikes and the riders, no? So they so much love. So it's important that this sport can grow up in this country... ~ Whorehay Lorenzo
maloosik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 12:14 PM   #2295
Jurassic
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,037
Quote:
Originally Posted by maloosik View Post
Or replace Nicky.
I'd be surprised if Cal went anywhere near Ducati now after the way they treated him last year (not to mention the fact that he's been less than complementary about them since then and they don't seem to like criticism in any form).
Cal's deal with Tech 3 runs out at the end of this year whereas Brad's is for two years. It makes me laugh a bit reading the Smith bashing on here, he is a GP winner and came second overall in 125s. If he hadn't spent a couple of seasons struggling with the hopeless Tech 3 Moto 2 bike and had gone with a competitive Moto 2 team he would probably have been battling with Pol, Marc, Crazy Joe etc (but then he probably wouldn't be riding the M1 now either if he'd done that). Give Smith a little time and I think he'll surprise a few of you. He's no Marquez I'll grant you but he's a decent rider.
Jurassic is offline   Reply With Quote