User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-07-2013, 10:21 AM   #12
batoutoflahonda
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,362
Yeah, it's pretty simple once you get your head around it. I used Delphi weather packs and did away with the Acewell plugs. Partly because I was adding a whole bunch of other stuff, 60+ wire terminations. Only had 2 issues. Got the turn signals crossed and the tack wire at the OEM instrument cluster didn't go any where.

The benefit with swapping out the acewell plugs is 1) if a miss wire occures you just move a pin into another slot. No having to redo solder etc. 2) troubleshooting is a breeze. Just disconnect them and poke around. Try to group them together tho. One connector for power/ignition, one connector for the first acewell *group* etc. Then number the connector plugs per the acewell wiring diagram. So the first group is 1 then the Delphi sockets are lettered A,B,C etc. This also helps get rid of the Acewell middle connection if desired. So do some poking around and see if there are other connector kits to your liking, if this is the way you want to go. Drop me a line if you need help with the Delphi stuff.

The whole connector thing cost 30 bucks with the crimper.

Save lives. Legalize lane sharing.

Cow eyes don't glow.
batoutoflahonda is offline   Reply With Quote