ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-03-2013, 07:32 AM   #346
headednw
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by StolenFant View Post
Got email from Marvin that he's got my registration for Armenia. I'm pretty certain Bloodline, and Hal (sorry, forgot your nickname) are going too.
What about Wambaw tomorrow, Sun April 21. Also noticed Enoree finally opened last week. Let's plan a Saturday ride up there. I'd be up for sharing hotel and spending night if we want to ride all day.

Anyone know where can I buy yearly trail pass for SC's OHV trails?

Clint

Sent email about tomorrow and Enoree to the list. call my cell or email if you are interested. I may not log back in here before leaving in the morning.
Florduh will be represented
headednw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 08:50 PM   #347
BigWrench
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 122
weekly rides near charleston

i will be headed to ridgeland saturday may 3, 2013 to meet at airport road for the state ride to lunch. leaving jim isle (harborview pig) at 8am, leaving dodges chicken in red top ~8:45 detouring up tannenbaum to parkers ferry for some mud on the tires and maybe a few other detours to end up at ridgeland around 10:30-11:45. Hope some of you can join. Great ride on the soaked wambaw last saturday and also fun on the service roads after. cant ride next weekend so getting in as much as possible.
Old 05-04-2013, 05:58 PM   #348
blk-betty
bam-a-lam

Oddometer: 2,237
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigWrench View Post
i will be headed to ridgeland saturday may 3, 2013 to meet at airport road for the state ride to lunch. leaving jim isle (harborview pig) at 8am, leaving dodges chicken in red top ~8:45 detouring up tannenbaum to parkers ferry for some mud on the tires and maybe a few other detours to end up at ridgeland around 10:30-11:45. Hope some of you can join. Great ride on the soaked wambaw last saturday and also fun on the service roads after. cant ride next weekend so getting in as much as possible.

Ken...wish I could have joined you today but "on call" this weekend so no riding. Hope you all had a good ride and were able to stay reasonably dry.
Old 05-05-2013, 07:04 PM   #349
StolenFant OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 241
Forget the road, let's get in the woods

Quote:
Originally Posted by EternalGreen View Post
Thanks to Laura0107 for an amazing bike! It's my first bike and I'm loving it so far. She was very nice and I'm impressed by her excellent maintenance and record keeping, hopefully I'll pick up some of these habits.

I hope to see you all on the road!
If you bought Laura's DRz 350, you simply must register for the Armenia Dual Sport in a couple weeks. We've got a few from this thread going, and I'm sure we can get your bike there via trailer if you don't want to ride it up. Info on the event at www.carolinadualsporters.com Email me if you think you'll want to trailer the bike, or if you want to be added to the email group for this thread.

Clint
clemon3@sotank.com

Laura, I wanna see that new seatless scooter. I've been lurking at the TrialsTrainingCenter website. Photos please!
StolenFant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 02:59 PM   #350
EternalGreen
n00b

Oddometer: 4
Quote:
If you bought Laura's DRz 350, you simply must register for the Armenia Dual Sport in a couple weeks. We've got a few from this thread going, and I'm sure we can get your bike there via trailer if you don't want to ride it up. Info on the event at www.carolinadualsporters.com Email me if you think you'll want to trailer the bike, or if you want to be added to the email group for this thread.
Sadly, I won't be able to make it anywhere for a bit, I have to complete a motorcycle safety course before I'm legally allowed to ride. So, I'm probably looking at July before I can join you all. :(

That email group sounds great, ill shoot you a PM!
EternalGreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 06:06 PM   #351
Laura0107
Retrophilic Rambler

Oddometer: 1,140
Quote:
...Laura, I wanna see that new seatless scooter. I've been lurking at the TrialsTrainingCenter website. Photos please!
Hey Clint,

You must've read my other post too fast; I said it had a seat! This is the only pic I've taken so far:

I was actually shopping for a vintage bike, as Speedy has a Honda TL250. When I ran across this '08 Scorpa TY-S125F with its Yamaha 4T motor (TT-R125), I couldn't resist it, though. I can still ride it in the AHRMA and ITSA vintage events where Speedy will be competing, just in a support class. Who knew going so slow could be so much fun?!
Old 05-07-2013, 02:19 PM   #352
kalonji
nihilism or nothing

Oddometer: 1,721
That looks like lots of fun.
kalonji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 03:36 PM   #353
GeektheCreep
Adventurer

Oddometer: 25
Heck Yeah Laura! That trials bike looks like a blast. Hopefully once we get Mikey (EternalGreen) all safety coursed up we can come watch you do some wheelies and high jumps on that thing.
GeektheCreep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 09:12 AM   #354
Laura0107
Retrophilic Rambler

Oddometer: 1,140
How was Armenia???

If it was wet I'll bet the "first section across the road" was interesting!

I chickened out on competing at Aonia Pass due to the wet ground and just rode the loop trail and did scoring for Speedy. I had a blast doing that, though, as you can tell by the looks of my bike afterwards:

It was a vintage event, so if I had actually participated it would've only been in a support class. I'm going to keep practicing and hopefully will be ready to try some sections for real at the next event. Riding a trials bike is totally addicting!
Old 05-31-2013, 08:40 PM   #355
BigWrench
Gnarly Adventurer

Saturday Wambaw plus

Leaving James Island Hess on Harborview road at 8am, hwy41 at Wando ~8.40am, at Wambaw trailhead around 9. Hope to see yall out riding. Armenia was Awesome. Next DS ride is Long Cane, come on up for it on Sunday June 23
Old 06-03-2013, 08:21 AM   #356
GeektheCreep
Adventurer

Oddometer: 25
Hey Ken,
Are you taking the KLR to long cane? Looks like fun I might be persuaded to try it out.
GeektheCreep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 07:32 PM   #357
BigWrench
Gnarly Adventurer

Long Cane plus the weekend of june 22,23

I'll be leaving James Island on sat june 22, 2013 around 8am to ride the GRN KLR up to the long cane area to ride parsons mtn and cedar springs OHV trails saturday and staying in the Abbeville area saturday night. Sunday I'll be riding all of the Long Cane Dual sport except the enduro (hunt club) section and then returning to Jim Isle via as much dirt as possible. Come along if you want.

BigWrench screwed with this post 06-05-2013 at 07:32 PM Reason: correct date
BigWrench is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 07:02 AM   #358
BigWrench
Gnarly Adventurer

CAW on saturday 6/15/13

Even though I should be working around the house this Saturday since I'm going up to Long Cane next week, I can't resist the urge to ride. I will be headed up to Carolina Adventure World (CAW) early Saturday morning. If you come up to ride you can meet me at 9am near the dirt dragstrip tree. I'll be on the GRN-KLR. Hope some of you get some 2 wheel time soon.

http://www.carolinaadventureworld.net/

Heres a short video of the KLR Baptism in Florida in Janaury

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3BDl0v4WbXc
Old 06-14-2013, 04:03 PM   #359
bigbrokenmachines
n00b

Oddometer: 5
Is CAW fun on a heavy bike like the KLR? i was worried it would be more for dedicated dirt/motocross bikes.
bigbrokenmachines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 08:20 PM   #360
BigWrench
Gnarly Adventurer

Armenia Youtube

I'll have to tell about CAW later, this is my first trip there.
Here's Armenia Dual Sport pt1 to rub it in for those of you
that didn't show up and to remind those who made it how
much fun it was.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cgTwD8kWIoI

Next week is Long Cane Dual Sport