ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Layin' down tracks > GPS Tracks - Northeast, Southeast & Florida
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 81 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 04-09-2013, 03:21 PM   #316
cammok5
Adventurer

Oddometer: 62
are you visiting nj just for dirtbikeing? i dont know how north jersey is but down south its nothting but sand and not mountins, no gravel either that i know of.

if you are just comeing to ride id sugest going to pa or hatfeild and mcoy trails. i have been to pa and its more rock and mountin stuff. id like to get down to h&m some day.
cammok5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 07:04 PM   #317
RebelYell
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 485
At this rate I think if they ban dual sports IM gonna go move to West virginia and get a trailer and just ride ride ride.Im tired of working getting taxed up the keister and not having anyplace to ride and unwind. I dont think theres anyplace to ride in princeton,maybe jasna pollanna golf course if you can even get in the gates.
RebelYell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 08:29 PM   #318
jimhaleyscomet
Adventurer

Oddometer: 98
Just happen to be in Jersey

We are not making a special trip to NJ just to ride. We just happen to have a few days between other events in NJ and figure we are in the area so let's use the time to ride!

In South East Texas our typical routes are "ride straight as an arrow for 3 miles at 50mph, road turns left 90 degrees, ride straight as an arrow 5 miles at 60mph, road turns right 90 degrees then left, ride 4 miles.....". Any elevation changes and road curves at all will be a welcome change.
jimhaleyscomet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 02:43 PM   #319
NorthernTraveler
Long time Adventurer

Oddometer: 414
Nj

If you get in the northwest corner of New Jersey there is some nice hills and the highest point in the state - High Point State Park around 1788 feet.

Deleware Gap was nice too.... the TET route goes through that corner.
NorthernTraveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 07:57 AM   #320
nylon2000
Wanderer

Oddometer: 253
Jim - I've ridden section 1 (last third) to 7 (first third) a couple of times.

The lower numbers are in the north, and are generally road - varied, but with lots of really enjoyable scenery and tight twisties and hills. These are generally 90% road. 30-50mps sounds about right.

Sections 5 onwards are 90% sand in the woods. Amazing fun down there. No real hills. 20-40mph is more reasonable here (for me - no idea how that compares with the average). You really need knobblies here to get around.

Hope that helps.

The expedition
About the bike
nylon2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 10:32 AM   #321
ibthegator
n00b

Oddometer: 5
Gps files

Hi all, been lurking some time.
Riding season is on so I wanted to try this ride with a buddy as a summer warm up.
I sent Rob a message and friended him on facebook and am eagerly awaiting the files.
ibthegator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 11:57 AM   #322
FISHCAT
Adventurer

Oddometer: 14
Also waiting...

I FRIENDED rob a while back...and am still waiting for the info.
I live North so twisties are good!
FISHCAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 05:43 PM   #323
rpet
Awesometown

Oddometer: 809
If Rob doesn't come through, I can provide files... but let's give it another week or two.
Read my homie's underway Africa trip RR - Round Africa with a Surboard
WTB: Clarke tank for DR650 for cheap - any color but blue.
rpet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 05:54 PM   #324
ibthegator
n00b

Oddometer: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by rpet View Post
If Rob doesn't come through, I can provide files... but let's give it another week or two.
Uhg
My trip is in a little over a week.
ibthegator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 09:31 AM   #325
jimhaleyscomet
Adventurer

Question on Doing TNJT With Garmin Oregon 550

Rob suggests we turn off the auto calc feature on the device and that all sections should be navigated as "Off-Road".

Unfortunately the Garmin Oregon 550 does not use the exact same terminolgy. My routing options are as follows (the one in ALL CAPS is the onc I think I should select):
*Calculation Method - Minimize Time, MINIMIZE DISTANCE, Prompted
*Lock On Road - NO Yes
*Off Route Recalculation - Prompted, Automatic, OFF

By selecting MINIMIZE DISTANCE, NO lock on road, and OFF off route recalculation should I be able to follow his track?

Also, Up In the Delaware Water Gap Rec Area there are very long straight sections not following roads and the route loops around with some tracks overwriting other tracks so is very hard to follow in basecamp. Am I doing something wrong?
Old 05-05-2013, 09:19 PM   #326
CTerrySGD
Adventurer

Oddometer: 24
Did section 4.3 to 5.1 today as referenced in the google maps link.... Had a blast! Can't wait to try more the of trail! Need some better tires for the sand I encountered on the off road sections. Was doing well until I hit some areas with deep sand. The bike when from stable as anything to wanting to wash out in a split second. Thinking about a second set of wheels and tires for days where there will be more off road or a 50/50 mix. The stock tires seemed to hold up fine as long as there was any deep sand or dirt. Front tire was really the problem....

Thanks!

Chris
CTerrySGD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 05:11 PM   #327
jimhaleyscomet
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTerrySGD View Post
Did section 4.3 to 5.1 today as referenced in the google maps link.... Had a blast! Can't wait to try more the of trail! Need some better tires for the sand I encountered on the off road sections. Was doing well until I hit some areas with deep sand. The bike when from stable as anything to wanting to wash out in a split second. Thinking about a second set of wheels and tires for days where there will be more off road or a 50/50 mix. The stock tires seemed to hold up fine as long as there was any deep sand or dirt. Front tire was really the problem....

Thanks!

Chris
At least sand is fairly soft!
Old 06-04-2013, 11:24 PM   #328
duoderf
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 118
I did a good amount today, here is my ride report

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showt...1#post21570221
duoderf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 12:41 PM   #329
DougZ73
Fading off.........

Oddometer: 6,836
Quote:
Originally Posted by duoderf View Post
I did a good amount today, here is my ride report

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showt...1#post21570221
Nice. I'd suggest different tires for the southern parts. See my RR in my sig. Also, fair word of caution, the enduro groups do not like a lot of exposure, ie pictures, of the southern parts where they like to hold their events. Which is why I left large areas without pictures. It's a whole environmentalists versus motorcyclists thing.
DougZ73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 07:17 PM   #330
rob23 OP
on the pipe

Oddometer: 1,811
Please come and Support Off-Road Riding and Racing!!!

If you ever rode any portion of the TNJT I'm personally asking you to please join us and bring friends.

WHEN: 6/13/13 - New Jersey State House 125 W. State Street Trenton, NJ 12:00 noon - 4:00 pm

"Rally in Trenton on Thursday, June 13. We are asking that you to please reach out to your membership, friends, families, dealers, or anyone else you know who cares about our off road riding and racing (of any type (including dual-sport, adventure riding)) and request that they attend our rally. We know it is a week day and it may be inconvenient. Sometimes we all have to bear some discomfort to do what is right.

I cannot overstress the importance of this event for the future of our sport. This rally has gained attention from the governor’s office and is our best chance to make a clear statement to our legislators that we demand fair treatment regarding access to New Jersey's State Forests. In addition, the added attention and pressure on the DEP has resulted in a meeting with the top brass in the DEP to review our situation.

This is no joke. This is not a New Jersey issue. This is not an enduro issue. This is the future of off road motorcycling no matter what form you prefer or where you do it. Please do everything in your power to get as many people as we can to attend our rally.

Thank you. I appreciate all each of you do to support me, our association, and our sport.

Jamie Theurkauf
President ECEA"

MORE INFO:
http://www.ecea.org/ecea/index.php?o...log&Itemid=116

rob23 screwed with this post 06-05-2013 at 07:25 PM
rob23 is offline   Reply With Quote