Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-06-2013, 01:38 PM   #76
Hayduke
///SAFETY THIRD///

Oddometer: 43,573
Quote:
Originally Posted by stagehand View Post
allright. Totally kicing myself. Whatyacall it? Did-not-enter's regret?
+1

Hayduke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 01:40 PM   #77
Motorfiets
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayduke View Post
+1
duke you in?
Old 05-06-2013, 03:43 PM   #78
Stagehand
+/- V TDSPP

Oddometer: 25,353
OK, I just expressesd an official interest in getting on the wait list.
Old 05-06-2013, 03:44 PM   #79
Hayduke
///SAFETY THIRD///

Oddometer: 43,573
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motorfiets View Post
duke you in?
I'm out. I was trying to pull it together, but not in the cards.

Hayduke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 05:52 PM   #80
hardwaregrrl
ignore list

Oddometer: 7,070
hardwaregrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 10:13 AM   #81
frog
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,747
I figured may as well get on the waiting list and see what happens. Must be my lucky day. IN!!!!!!
frog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 11:29 AM   #82
toro618
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 940
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stagehand View Post
OK, I just expressesd an official interest in getting on the wait list.

Good for you. With the GS?
toro618 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 11:53 AM   #83
Stagehand
+/- V TDSPP

Quote:
Originally Posted by toro618 View Post
Good for you. With the GS?
Ara too good an opportunity to pass up, I thought. And such August company!

Hoping to pull together something like the GS, yes, but worst case there's the G450 to fall back on.

Ankle back up and running? :Ear
Old 05-07-2013, 12:08 PM   #84
toro618
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 940
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stagehand View Post
Ara too good an opportunity to pass up, I thought. And such August company!

Hoping to pull together something like the GS, yes, but worst case there's the G450 to fall back on.

Ankle back up and running? :Ear
Oh yea...ankle is as good as new...been riding again for 3 weeks now. Made some changes to the F8 since Sandblast, while I was down...got rid of the oem headlight assembly and all the junk that came with it and fabricated a simple bracket to mount a KTM headlight shell with one bad ass Baja design squadron light..saved about 4 lbs. And going to try a CRF450 front brake MC and get rid of the bobble head MC.

toro618 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 04:26 PM   #85
Scotty Breauxman OP
Baja Breaux

Oddometer: 303
Spot trackers required for baja rally

ERENDIRA, BAJA CA, MEXICO- BAJA RALLY organizers announced today that SPOT Satellite Messenger has teamed up with the inaugural BAJA RALLY this October to add an important layer of safety to both participants and rally officials alike. The highly anticipated first ever BAJA RALLY sold out in 36 hours this week.

All participants in the BAJA RALLY will be required to carry a functioning SPOT tracker device during each stage of the rally and will need to verify functionality as a requirement for passing tech inspection on Friday October 4th in Ensenada. SPOT, as supporting sponsor of the BAJA RALLY, will give participants a generous discount on new SPOT purchases as well as a discounted rate on the first year of service for new customers.

“Making SPOT trackers a requirement is a 3-way win and it adds an invaluable element of safety for everyone involved”, explained rally director Scotty Breauxman, “SPOT has been an essential part of adventure motorcycle riding since it hit the market in 2005 and we trust the product and the service SPOT provides.”

Breauxman added “This is the most effective and economical way for our officials to monitor the locations of all participants and mobile-unit personnel for the purpose of safety as well as allowing participants to send a “HELP” message to our mobile command center located at the end of each stage, just in case they break down or get off course.”

The SPOT Satellite Messenger also features an “SOS” function that is used for extreme instances, whereby a distress signal is beamed to the GEOS dispatch center in Houston, Texas.

Prior to the technical inspection on Friday October 4th, participants will need to configure their SPOT settings to include 2 BAJA RALLY mobile phone numbers and 2 BAJA RALLY email addresses. As the final condition of clearing technical inspection, a rally official must receive the “OK” signal from the participant.

“Many of our participants already utilize this proven technology”, Breauxman continued, “But mandating new users and teaching them the setup and functional use of SPOT is a great thing for the sport of rally-moto as it grows in BAJA CA.”

More information on SPOT Satellite Messenger

More information on BAJA RALLY
Scotty Breauxman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 04:37 PM   #86
Motorfiets
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,000
Awesome!! Should I go ahead and activate my spot?

Also, Was thinking about mounting it on the bike or would people recommend carrying it on me?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus
Old 05-07-2013, 04:42 PM   #87
Stagehand
+/- V TDSPP

Quote:

Also, Was thinking about mounting it on the bike or would people recommend carrying it on me?

YOu can wait till september at least
Old 05-07-2013, 04:55 PM   #88
frog
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,747
Quote:

I've always carried mine in case I am separated from the bike and not able to make it back. If I'm conscious I can still hit my help button. I know that sounds bad but if I'm hitting the sos button things are already really bad.

Sent from my DROID RAZR
frog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 05:10 PM   #89
Baja Dad
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,856
Quote:
Originally Posted by frog View Post
i've always carried mine in case i am separated from the bike and not able to make it back. If i'm conscious i can still hit my help button. I know that sounds bad but if i'm hitting the sos button things are already really bad.

Sent from my droid razr
+1
Old 05-10-2013, 09:32 AM   #90
Scotty Breauxman OP
Baja Breaux

Oddometer: 303
RALLY MANAGEMENT SERVICES TEAM WITH BAJA RALLY

ERENDIRA, BAJA CA, MEXICO- The BAJA RALLY announced today that RALLY MANAGEMENT SERVICES has teamed up for the Inaugural BAJA RALLY de MOTOS taking place October 4-6 in Northern BAJA CA, Mexico.

“RMS is the backbone and infrastructure of rally-raid in North America and they have an important role in supporting riders who travel abroad to participate in rallies, especially the DAKAR”, explains BAJA RALLY’S Scotty Breauxman, “Having RMS on board as a partner is natural progression toward the future of the BAJA RALLY and frankly, we really need their expertise and guidance to pull it off.”

Based in Northern California, Rally Management Services is the one stop shop for rally bike fabrication, components, training, logistics and international shipping. Founded by Charlie Rauseo who is regarded as one of the key torchbearers for international rally-raid here, RMS now operates under the leadership of Dave Peckham, a rally enthusiast who also runs RMS’s Rally School.

“All of our participants in the BAJA RALLY will need something or other from RMS”, Breauxman continued, “So we trust this synergy will benefit everyone in a meaningful way. RMS is a pioneer in the emerging rally-raid scene in North America so, essentially, there wasn’t even a choice.”
RMS provides rally participants a number of options to get started in rally or advance to the next level. For around $700.00, clients can retrofit any off road bike with the 3 main components and hardware needed to participate in the BAJA RALLY.

“Let’s say you’re more adventurous and want to enter the DAKAR”, adds Breauxman, “RMS can build your bike to spec, train you on technique, ship your bike and handle all your logistics. It’s basically everything that their name stands for.”
Scotty Breauxman is offline   Reply With Quote