Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-08-2013, 05:07 AM   #11
Gimme 2
Team slo ass

Oddometer: 1,905
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedyR View Post
quick question about the gas caps- the vent in my Super enduro safari tank wasn't working (actually since I got the bike a few months ago). I replaced the breather tube with a new one and still got the swelling/gas purging when the bike would sit in the sun on rides...

so I loosen the gas cap when stopped and of course after a few rides I lost the gas cap.

ordered a new Acerbis aluminum gas cap from Just tanks in CA. got it over the weekend and it doesn't seem to fit my tank. I called and the guy tried a new one on a new tank and said it fits fine. I tried mine again this morning and it's close but just doesn't seem to fit...

did I get the wrong gas cap, or is there something wrong with my tank? the OE gas cap was a tight fit, but you could open and close it..

just trying to figure out if I got the wrong gas cap or if I should just force it or see if I need to trim some off the threads on the tank. I'd hate to screw up a $900 tank though!!!
Safari tanks are based in Australia, i guess you would need to order one from them direct. Also go by the name AV Aqualine.