User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-08-2013, 06:36 AM   #11
DeeGee OP
I'm a Yorkshireman thanoz

Oddometer: 1,858
I had a ride out to the coast with my missus on Sunday and noticed the bike was a tad louder than usual, I feared the Y piece of the exhaust had finally corroded.

Time to tear into the beast, removed luggage rack, side fairings, rear mudguard and number plate, scotoiler, underseat tray and finally the footpeg hangers, three of which needed drilling out!

Fears confirmed with a hole in the left hand side of the link pipe

Luckily I had bought a 2-1 link pipe off a fellow inmate a couple of years ago when he shopped his Adventure in for an SE. I'm not really a fan of the single pipe as I think the twin pipe looks much better, but I've just shelled out a shitload of dollar for our summer holidays and money's tight at the mo so the 2-1 will have to do until I've been away.

Bit tight to fit, but managed to get it on.

What I did notice was a grove in the rear shock cylinder caused by the left hand side fairing. It doesn't touch when the fairing is bolted to the bike, so not sure why or how it's caused it, but it's worth a look guys!!!!

All buttoned back up and sounds good, not ridden her yet so can't comment on if it makes a difference. I am going to do a bit of searching to see hoe guys have fitted their tool tubes as I want to fit mine in the gaping hole which is left so it doesn't look so odd.
DeeGee is offline   Reply With Quote