Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Face plant
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-02-2013, 05:15 PM   #61
bracky72 OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 910
As I was pulling my self off the road I could feel my broken foot dangling behind me and the full pain had not hit yet. Once I got off the shoulder it kicked it pretty good. I was begging for the ambulance to arrive by the time it got there.

It was a horrible terrifying experience. I would say if it were even the slightest bit worse I couldn't have handled it. But you really never know until it happens.

Had a pretty good day today. I had a massage therapist friend drop by and give me the full treatment. My back and shoulders had been getting really tight with me sitting around all day. I feel much better now. :)
bracky72 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 09:39 PM   #62
monkeydad
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 342
wow are you chill!

There is no way I could let that go if I knew who had hit me.

I'd be after some payback one way or the other.

I wish you all the best.
monkeydad is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 04:46 PM   #63
bracky72 OP
Studly Adventurer

Recovery continues... The pain has subsided to a manageable level. A old shoulder injury has flared up because of all the crutching around but I'm dealing. I see the Dr on Wednesday and he will evaluate my progress and take a look at my shoulder. One day at a time...

I would love to get some sweet payback and we have been exhausting all leads trying to figure out who it is. But I'm not letting it eat me up because I know we will probably never know.

My new helmet arrived today. Obviously I won't be wearing it anytime soon but it's the little things that keep my spirits up. I got another Shoe Multitec. At $299 they are an incredible bargain.
Old 05-07-2013, 10:32 AM   #64
bwalsh
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 10,632
Quote:
Originally Posted by 100mpg View Post
Sound like he was on some unprescribed meds...just saying.
Quote:
Originally Posted by max384 View Post
I bet he was driving without a license or insurance or maybe was on parole or something since he was frantic and talking about going to prison.
Or a multiple DUI offender who may or may not have been drunk at the time of the accident.

Sorry to hear of your bad luck Bracky! I hope you heal up fast. It's too bad you didn't ask one of the other people who stopped to get the guys license plate number.
I hope they get the guy and put him away for a long time...

bwalsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 10:49 AM   #65
Domiken
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 640
That is horrible, on such a simple road the guy couldn't wait two seconds for you to turn in. I hope the cops do their job and find this guy, I can't believe he just took off! Would you be able to recognize him if you saw him again? I hope you have a speedy recovery, the bike can be replaced.
Old 05-07-2013, 10:59 AM   #66
5punksdad
Tag-Master-Flash

Oddometer: 2,435
wow...the cops are that dumb?

hope you heal quickly & fully.
5punksdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 11:55 AM   #67
RebRider
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 474
Hope you are doing better

Bracky,

Just find out about this today, hope you heal up real soon, if there is anything us inmates in the Eastern Panhandle can do to help you and your family out while you recover let us know. Will PM you my cell phone and home phone.

hope they find the %#!&* that hit you and put him under the jail....

take care.
2001 Triumph Tiger
RebRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 05:17 AM   #68
Uneasy Rider
The life of Riley

Oddometer: 629
Have you contacted a lawyer? Or a Private Investigator? It might light a fire under the cops asses...

I would stake out that area & look for vehicles that match the description. He must live or work nearby.

If its a small town & you stick with it....you will find him.

Good luck.
Uneasy Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 08:53 AM   #69
bracky72 OP
Studly Adventurer

I've told my insurance companies everything I know. I would think they would be the most motivated to identify him.

I would love to catch him but I've spoken with all the witnesses and none of them can provide any more detail then me. It's like they were all in shock from what they were seeing.

So I'm focusing on my recovery and keeping a positive attitude. I'm having a bit of trouble with my left shoulder. It's actually become my primary pain complaint. For my shoulder to feel better I need my leg to feel better so I can get back on my feet. A brutal circle.

But I'm doing pretty good and will be back better faster and stronger once it's all said and done.
Old 05-08-2013, 08:56 AM   #70
chasbo
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,508
Hang in there man, it will get better. Regardless of finding the ass that did this, getting fit again and back on your feet is what is truly important.
Old 05-08-2013, 02:58 PM   #71
Casey.
Nerd on a bike

Oddometer: 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by chasbo View Post
Hang in there man, it will get better. Regardless of finding the ass that did this, getting fit again and back on your feet is what is truly important.
My thoughts as well. Can't deny I'd have a vengeful chip also.
Old 05-18-2013, 03:51 AM   #72
bracky72 OP
Studly Adventurer

The past few days have been getting much better for me. My shoulder is hurting less and I'm actually starting to touch my foot to the ground and go through the motions of walking. I'm not putting much weight on it but its starting to get range of motion back. On Monday it will be four weeks so I know I have a ways to go but I'm starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel.
Old 05-20-2013, 07:59 AM   #73
RebRider
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 474
Quote:
Originally Posted by bracky72 View Post
The past few days have been getting much better for me. My shoulder is hurting less and I'm actually starting to touch my foot to the ground and go through the motions of walking. I'm not putting much weight on it but its starting to get range of motion back. On Monday it will be four weeks so I know I have a ways to go but I'm starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel.
Glad to hear you are on the mend... hope things soon get back to normal....

Is Beasley's back open...? need to have a get well party there....
2001 Triumph Tiger
RebRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 12:16 PM   #74
Bobby Ginger
Cat Herder

Oddometer: 880
This one made me really angry for you. I have broken bones before but they were my fault. This was completely avoidable if they guy had a little patience. I hope they find the guy, and he does go to prison. I do appreciate your positivity!
Old 05-21-2013, 01:27 PM   #75
crg infidel
Adventurer

Oddometer: 37
I am appalled that there is such a thing as a "Misdemeanor Hit & Run". To cause an injury accident, and then leave the scene doesn't seem like a minor offense as far as I'm concerned!

I'm very impressed with your attitude in this situation, and I'm sure that is going to be a huge help in your recovery. Good for you!

Also, is it possible for the police to use the sample of the paint on your damaged lid to help figure out what make/model hit you? Seems like good evidence.
crg infidel is offline   Reply With Quote