ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Layin' down tracks > GPS Tracks - Central, Texas & Gulf States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 27 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 07-03-2012, 04:53 AM   #151
DrLewall OP
Banned

Oddometer: 32,121
Chimney Rock-Cass AR

This is a track and a route for Chimney Rock/Bee Rock out of Cass AR.

Coming in from the east, Cass area, going west, note the fork and the X waypoint as most riders will want to go right. Going left, the end of the trail comes out on White Rock Mtn Rd and it is STEEP and KNARLY! You best be on your game here!

Going right will take you over to Ragtown Rd on the old Rail-Road bed

Not really BIG BIKE friendly...a stripped down GS, maybe, if you are a EXPERT rider!

Mapsource 2011.1

Attached Files
File Type: gpx chimneyrock.gpx (65.8 KB, 186 views)

DrLewall screwed with this post 07-04-2012 at 10:38 AM
DrLewall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 11:10 PM   #152
Valentino Magoo
Like a speeding slug

Oddometer: 2,825
Shores Lake to Bobby Hopper Tunnel overpass

The below route is a "southern" ride out of Shores Lake up over Bobby Hopper Tunnel. There aren't many gravel E-W roads north of I-40 (and south of Shores lake), but we were able to find one section off of 215 that was pretty nice, gravel all the way to "Graphic Road". The other "New" section is for those that want to take a "different" route from the top (east) end of Warloop down to the south. Off of AR 348, take Lookout Tower Road, which becomes Ford Ridge Road (CR 1019). This is a narrow, but but relatively easy road. There is a low spot that always has water in it, but the bottom seems pretty solid. There was very little water in creeks around when we took the shot below, and this was pretty wet. Must be a spring.

Attached Files
File Type: gpx 97 Shores Lake to I540 tunnel.gpx (182.1 KB, 132 views)
SmugMug Rocks!

Valentino Magoo screwed with this post 10-22-2012 at 08:29 AM
Valentino Magoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 06:38 PM   #153
Valentino Magoo
Like a speeding slug

Oddometer: 2,825
Pannell Rd, Natural Dam, Hopper Tunnel

Attached is the GPX of one of many potential routes from Fayetteville, down Pannell Road, to Natural Dam (lunch and fuel), then back to town going over the Hopper Tunnel (over I-540). FYI, Pannell Road is downhill from North to South, and is less than ideal if really wet.

HERE is the Ride Report for this route.

Attached Files
File Type: gpx Pannell and Tunnel.gpx (235.1 KB, 155 views)
SmugMug Rocks!
Valentino Magoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 06:00 AM   #154
Bier
Adventurer

Oddometer: 27
Looking for local insight

I plan on being down just north of Jasper at the end of the month for a Triumph RAT raid and am hoping to check out some of the great dual sport areas you all have. So far I've downloaded the 108 WR-Jasper trail and the 88 LowGap Oark routes but wanted to ask if you had any other recommendations since you know the area quite well. For background, I ride a tiger 800 and will be there for 2-3 days and would think anything arond 200 miles for the day would be great.

Thanks for any recommendations
Bier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 06:49 AM   #155
DrLewall OP
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bier View Post
I plan on being down just north of Jasper at the end of the month for a Triumph RAT raid and am hoping to check out some of the great dual sport areas you all have. So far I've downloaded the 108 WR-Jasper trail and the 88 LowGap Oark routes but wanted to ask if you had any other recommendations since you know the area quite well. For background, I ride a tiger 800 and will be there for 2-3 days and would think anything arond 200 miles for the day would be great.

Thanks for any recommendations

you looking for more pavement than dirt? or a mix of both? Right now the two you have downloaded would be mostly dirt and in those two areas, creek crossings are now river crossings so heads up! Other than that, they are basically maintained county dirt roads and very dooable on a tiger.

There are several really good roads (paved) to ride north of Jasper going into MO that you would enjoy..many seem to enjoy the Peel Ferry crossing Bull Shoals Lake crossing into MO..ferry is free and runs from 7am to dusk..get a AR map and look for Harrison..hwy 7 north to hwy 14 to hwy 125 north to the lake..cross the lake and take 125 west to hwy 76 towards branson..then work your way south...hwy 86 in SWMO is a fun road going west..Eureka Springs in AR is always a fun stop too..gosh, there are so many fun roads here..even east of Harrison over by Mtn Home..Push Mtn (hwy 314) is a fave for many riders...hwy 123 south of Jasper off "scenic hwy 7" is another one...I could go on but then I would get a cramp in my hand from all the typing!

Good luck and have fun and welcome to my backyard!
Old 04-10-2013, 08:14 AM   #156
Bier
Adventurer

Thanks for the welcome and reply. I'm looking for more dirt oriented as the vast majority of the 100+ triumph riders that will be there are road guys that don't have recommendations for the dirt as they don't do it. Are there any other gpx files on the list here that you'd recommend for majority dirt?
Old 04-10-2013, 11:07 AM   #157
DrLewall OP
Banned

most of the gpx files I have are west of hwy 7...here is what I would suggest..be sure to waypoint where you are staying! Then go out and scout for a dirt road..follow that road and explore it..and if you get lost, just bring up your waypoint to camp and follow it home..thats how alot of us do it here...and if you collect a bunch of trax, post em in the SLAP Trax thread here and we will share em, if'n you want..in the mean time, I got my guys workin on trying to get some of those trax you are looking for..
Old 04-11-2013, 06:18 AM   #158
Bier
Adventurer

much appreciated
Old 05-09-2013, 06:10 AM   #159
jaydee1445
Footpeg Crash Tester

Oddometer: 3,940
Ever since I parted out the 9fiddy my wife has had to sit on the sidelines while I dual-sport. I think I'll bring the Jeep along with both bikes so she can get out the week after the event.

I figure we can ride the Connie on the street a few days and wheel the forest roads a couple.

Would any of these trax be a problem in a mild Jeep XJ? 4.5" lift 31.50" MT open diffs.
jaydee1445 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 07:22 AM   #160
DrLewall OP
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaydee1445 View Post
Ever since I parted out the 9fiddy my wife has had to sit on the sidelines while I dual-sport. I think I'll bring the Jeep along with both bikes so she can get out the week after the event.

I figure we can ride the Connie on the street a few days and wheel the forest roads a couple.

Would any of these trax be a problem in a mild Jeep XJ? 4.5" lift 31.50" MT open diffs.
nope! all pretty much XJ friendly...only exception would be Pannell Rd...you best have 4" lift, MINIMUM and aggressive tires with rockers! Other than that, Jeep'n would be mighty fine way to show the fam damly what it's like
Old 05-10-2013, 08:15 PM   #161
jaydee1445
Footpeg Crash Tester

Quote:
Originally Posted by craftycoder View Post
Crafty,
Downloaded this map from DSM.com and dropped it in the tracks file for the android app like I always do and i get an Error:
"Your GPX file is too large.
Please upload it at www.DSM.com then download it the normal way'
How com I only have problems with the app when I go to AR?
Old 05-11-2013, 06:12 AM   #162
craftycoder
Motobrain PDU

Oddometer: 2,243
You are using they software wrong jd. You do not download GPX files from the website and then upload them to the app. You just go to the app zoom the map to the area you want to ride and Search from the menu. All the maps with tracks in area will then download to the app.
craftycoder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 05:04 AM   #163
jaydee1445
Footpeg Crash Tester

Quote:
Originally Posted by craftycoder View Post
You are using they software wrong jd. You do not download GPX files from the website and then upload them to the app. You just go to the app zoom the map to the area you want to ride and Search from the menu. All the maps with tracks in area will then download to the app.
OH!!! the NORMAL way that explains it... I'm A B NORMAL.
Too easy
Don't Know how I missed that...

Guess I need to send my donation

jaydee1445 screwed with this post 05-12-2013 at 05:16 AM
Old 05-13-2013, 12:22 PM   #164
raymondhenson
n00b

Oddometer: 5
Mountain View

Hi Doc,

You got anything near/around Mtn. View, Sylamore, Calico Rock ... that general area?

Will be basing ourselves at Mtn. View.

Best .... Raymond
Old 05-13-2013, 04:09 PM   #165
DrLewall OP
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by raymondhenson View Post
Hi Doc,

You got anything near/around Mtn. View, Sylamore, Calico Rock ... that general area?

Will be basing ourselves at Mtn. View.

Best .... Raymond
No I sure don't..Jay (Ozarkrider) lives over that way and surely he has some trax to offer up..I shall ask him for ya.