ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > West California, the desert southwest and whatever is left
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-06-2013, 04:23 PM   #16
TUCKERS
the famous james

Oddometer: 11,433
Or you could:

15/395/178/DV/Beatty/95/Goldfield..then at Tonopah go right then left on 376, then at 50 go left to Austin then right on 305 to Battle Mountain, then 80 to SLC.

I've ridden 50 also to the 15. Nevada is kinda odd, other than Las Vegas, Reno, Carson City and on a smaller scale Beatty, Ely and Wendover there isn't much to see. I've ridden every paved road on the Nevada map...yep, everyone of them. (Even that little bit down to Scotty's Castle in California).

I've slept in Ridgecrest, Ely, Beatty, Furnace Creek, Shoshone, Vegas, Reno, Wendover, Battle Mountain, Reno, Carson City, St. George, Mesquite, Cedar City, Baker, Bishop......I've been everywhere Man....except the dusty road to Winnemucca!

TUCKERS screwed with this post 05-06-2013 at 04:31 PM
TUCKERS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 06:23 AM   #17
slopaleorider OP
n00b

Oddometer: 9
Ok I think that I have come up with the routes for there and back. O the way out I am going to head out 10 and head out through 29palms and end up in bullhead city for the night, I want to ride over 93 and the Hoover dam, lived this close for 30 years and never seen it. I will get up and ride over the dam and maybe stop for a few, then off. Then heading up north via the lake bypass road and catch 15 instill I get to Zion NP. Ride through and up 89 into SLC. The second day may be a little long but I always have the option of hitting the interstate if need be. On the way home I think I will try route 6 it looks fun and might not have too much traffic, this also puts me further north so it will be faster to get home, which is not Ontario, thank god. I am thinking that if 120 is open then I will head through Yosemite and then across the valley on 198 and then down either 101 or 1 back to home in Solvang. Thanks everyone for the advice so far and anything else you can add.
Jeff
slopaleorider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 07:30 AM   #18
Eyes Shut
See no evil

Oddometer: 2,032
You might want to spend the night in Laughlin instead of Bullhead City. We stayed in Bullhead a few years ago, and there were not a lot of available places to stay -- although it may have improved the last few years. Laughlin has more accommodations.
Eyes Shut is offline   Reply With Quote