Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Vendors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-29-2013, 12:02 PM   #1636
craftycoder OP
Motobrain PDU

Oddometer: 2,258
My preference was a kickstarter so no one had to part with money without getting something for it, but Kickstarter turned me down. I already raised money and returned it (at 10% cost to me) because I didn't make it clear that
without a sufficient amount the work would not be done. It is now clear. Give if you want the site to be offline as short a time as possible. Otherwise there is no telling when it comes back online. What I'm not willing to do is pay a 10% fee on all the money received if I don't get enough. There isn't a good way to do this (other than Kickstarter) that I know of and I don't care to waste my time searching one out. I am busy (which the entire problem in the first place).

Anyone who really thinks they are buying a product though is delusional. Unless I raise $100,000 I lose money on this deal. This is strictly a labor of love.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonerrider View Post
I think you took my post a different way than intended, or you're just not wanting to hear what I'm saying. I'm more than willing to give money to keep this site open and for use, and who said I was waiting till the end, but the way you put it out there for us to read is "If I don't get the money I need, the site will go down." As well, you state you're not going to return any money's delivered, so it really puts someone who wants to "purchase" (lets face it, that's what we are doing) DSM for future use in a precarious position of "will this thing make it or not." Make the use of the site subscription only and I'm sure you'll get the money you are owed to keep the site running and possibly make a little on the side.

That was my point, not here to argue, so I'll go back into the shadows.
craftycoder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 01:30 PM   #1637
NHBill
Loosely Wrapped

Oddometer: 1,492
Quote:
Originally Posted by craftycoder View Post
Look again.
Thanks Crafty!!!
"There's a very fine line dividing bravery from stupidity..."
2009 F650GS
NHBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 02:20 PM   #1638
speedmonkey7
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 336
Hey crafty, is there a way I can gift the app to my dad for his birthday that you know of? Also would it help the endeavor more to buy the app for myself or just donate? Thanks again for all you've done with this stuff.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2

"Ride with caution . And be thankful cagers are slightly more predictable than marsupials."
-XRman (fellow inmate)
speedmonkey7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 11:22 PM   #1639
ID XR600
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 245
Shark Tank ;)
Old 04-30-2013, 08:43 PM   #1640
ColoST
Colo Single Track

Oddometer: 44
Thanks..

This is a great mapping app... Crafty if you ever get this back up or funded please let us know. Hopefully this will come out of the ashes... Thanks again for all time and effort. Andy

99KLX300/03BMWF650GS/COHVCO/AMA

http://ColoradoSingleTrack.com
ColoST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 09:01 AM   #1641
craftycoder OP
Motobrain PDU

Reprieve from execution!

https://developers.google.com/maps/d...javascript/v2/

The important part is:
Quote:
Note: The Google Maps JavaScript API Version 2 was officially deprecated on May 19, 2010. The original deprecation period has been extended from May 19, 2013 until November 19, 2013. As of this date, all applications requesting v2 will be served a special, wrapped version of the v3 API instead. We expect this wrapped version of the API will work for most simple maps, but we strongly encourage you to migrate your code to version 3 of the Maps JavaScript API before this date.
WOOHOO!

I'll get the sad news page removed as soon as I can. I am buried in work still...
Old 05-01-2013, 09:45 AM   #1642
greenramp
Airborne

Oddometer: 104
That is great news! how about sales on the remote mounted on the handle bars?

Sent from my droid phone (if you care)
Old 05-01-2013, 10:04 AM   #1643
GeckoRider
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 444
Sweet news! Keep the fund raiser going though as TOS always change. Glad we have more time.

Cheers!
Old 05-01-2013, 12:29 PM   #1644
speedmonkey7
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 336
That's awesome!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2

"Ride with caution . And be thankful cagers are slightly more predictable than marsupials."
-XRman (fellow inmate)
speedmonkey7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 06:59 PM   #1645
Crawdaddy
Navigate 2 Adventure

Oddometer: 2,231
Thumb

Great news! Sent my contribution a while back. Thanks for all the hard work!

Quote:

The important part is:

WOOHOO!

I'll get the sad news page removed as soon as I can. I am buried in work still...
http://www.WhereAmIRiding.com
Crawdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 07:57 PM   #1646
BlueLghtning
Riding is my passion

Oddometer: 4,948
Quote:

The important part is:

WOOHOO!

Awesome, but I thought I saw this posted earlier in the thread by someone? Maybe you missed it, but I thought I remember seeing it.

Either way great news.

So in your eyes, does that provide a more feasible window for a re-write that works with your schedule? Obviously its still going to be needed down the road?
Smugmug Pics - Save $5 <-- Click Here
BlueLghtning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 05:08 PM   #1647
craftycoder OP
Motobrain PDU

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueLghtning View Post
Awesome, but I thought I saw this posted earlier in the thread by someone? Maybe you missed it, but I thought I remember seeing it.

Either way great news.

So in your eyes, does that provide a more feasible window for a re-write that works with your schedule? Obviously its still going to be needed down the road?
He were conflating a different Google API with the one I am using. You are correct, it will be needed down the road. Hopefully my schedule will allow for this to be solved by November. I will try to plan a funding strategy into the update too so this can create enough cash flow to be maintained.

In another note to all observers, the site will be going to down for some scheduled maintenance around midnight eastern time tonight.
Old 05-09-2013, 05:51 PM   #1648
RememberTheFallen
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 380
Need some technical help and can't find it any where else.

Bought the dualsportmaps app but am not having a lot of luck with it. I am trying to import the TeTs .gpx files to my droid incredible 2. Transferred the .gpx file to my phone via the USB connection and the app states it cannot find an files in the osmand something file. Tried pulling the file off of my email but it also showed that it could not be found.

I did make a custom route via google for the return trip. Converted the .kml to .gpx. The app sees the file but after I import it nothing happens. Nothing is shown on the map.

I also tried to download the TeTs files to the dualsportmaps.com page for private viewing so I could pull the map up in the app. When trying to do so the website states that the file already exists as a loop and I can't upload it.

I did get the waypoints to upload on the GPS essentials app but no tracks or routes.

I have been fighting with these apps for two weeks and finally gave up. Decided to just buy a garmin Montana but of course everyone local is out of stock and will not have any until I leave.

Can anyone help me? I need the portion of the Trans Eastern Trail from Clayton, Ga to Hampton, TN on my phone. Leaving Wednesdays morning. Don't know what else to do besides take my Ipad which has MotionX and has worked awesome for me in my truck for several months. Prefer not to risk that unless I have no other choice.

Thanks for any help.

Joe
RememberTheFallen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 07:21 AM   #1649
craftycoder OP
Motobrain PDU

You really should be using the website for track storing, transferring,and editing. Upload whatever GPX you want to the website. Edit oats you prefer, then download it to the app via the search functions.
Old 05-10-2013, 07:40 AM   #1650
NHBill
Loosely Wrapped

Oddometer: 1,492
+1 on that. Website is a breeze to use once you get used to it. I can't imagine doing it on the phone.

Sent from my Samsung Note 2
"There's a very fine line dividing bravery from stupidity..."
2009 F650GS
NHBill is offline   Reply With Quote