Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Racing
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-03-2013, 03:21 PM   #241
PeteN95
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,474
Pastrana on pole for the Nationwide race tomorrow, but it will probably rain out.

SVN/XRR/Christini
PeteN95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 09:55 AM   #242
larryboy
Paint it black.

Oddometer: 13,660
"So far, things are going well for Kurt Busch’s first IndyCar Series test at Indianapolis Motor Speedway.

The former NASCAR champion completed about 15 laps in his first segment and as of 10:15 a.m. was working on completing IndyCar’s standard Rookie Orientation Program that is comprised of 10-lap speed increments.
Busch is driving Andretti Autosport’s No. 1 car scheduled to be Ryan Hunter-Reay’s Indianapolis 500 car this month. Practice for the 500 begins Saturday.

Busch has said he’s not going to participate in this month’s 500, but he could have a different take on it following the test that is to end about noon.

Team owner Michael Andretti and IndyCar driver James Hinchcliffe are at Indianapolis Motor Speedway for this test.

Team manager Kyle Moyer said there’s no fear that Busch might wreck Hunter-Reay’s car.

“He’s a champion,” Moyer said of Busch."

larryboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 08:20 PM   #243
Rd650
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 198
Quote:
Pastrana on pole for the Nationwide race tomorrow, but it will probably rain out.
Go Travis
Rd650 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 10:17 PM   #244
RedRocket OP
Yeah! I want Cheesy Poofs

Oddometer: 19,047
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rd650 View Post
Go Travis
That was last week.
I think he ended up crashing.
RedRocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 12:20 PM   #245
pbarmy
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,818
Hey I just saw Danica crashed first practice and has to go to back up car.Wonder how many they brought?
Old 05-10-2013, 02:44 PM   #246
PeteN95
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,474
She's just earning her "stripes"!?

SVN/XRR/Christini
PeteN95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 07:35 PM   #247
Fastphil38
AZ Offroad

Oddometer: 460
samantha

Wow did anyoneone else check out the pants on sam busch. Ride on !
Old 06-02-2013, 06:34 PM   #248
larryboy
Paint it black.

Didn't like the race at Dover...empty stands looked really bad on TV.

They have got to STOP pitting under yellow, it's ruining the racing.

It's time for say a 10 point penalty if your car puts down enough fluids to cause a caution. Kenseth staying out until he oiled the track was plain stupid, you don't radio in that you're blowing up then go another 3 laps to make sure it blows.

I'd bench Danica, but make her show up to sign autographs...in a bikini.
Old 06-02-2013, 06:43 PM   #249
mflora98ss
Dual Sportin'

Oddometer: 361
Quote:
Originally Posted by larryboy View Post
i'd bench danica, but make her show up to sign autographs...in a bikini.
+1
mflora98ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 01:26 PM   #250
Uller
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,646
Quote:
Didn't like the race at Dover...empty stands looked really bad on TV.

They have got to STOP pitting under yellow, it's ruining the racing.

It's time for say a 10 point penalty if your car puts down enough fluids to cause a caution. Kenseth staying out until he oiled the track was plain stupid, you don't radio in that you're blowing up then go another 3 laps to make sure it blows.

I'd bench Danica, but make her show up to sign autographs...in a bikini.
Don't know if I agree with the pitting under yellow however, totally agree with the oil on the track. For three laps I was wondering why he was still out there.

Those stands did look pathetic. The racing did seem a little better than that.....

I will admit that I am a fan of JJ, however even if it were any other driver (even Kyle Bush), I don't think he deserved a penalty for that start. JPM didn't start in the box, even admitted it during interviews later and then Jimmy gets the penalty. You can see JJ check up while in the box to get back to even with JPM and his checkup. I really think it should have gone the other way with JPM getting the penalty for backing up the field.

At the very least, it should have been a failed restart and should have been done over.

I like Tony Stewart, he is a great driver. He was a 12th place car yesterday though. All day long. He really shouldn't have won that race.

I've been watching nearly every weekend for going on 15 years and am seriously considering finding something else to do with my time. All these oil cautions, debri cautions (for the waterbottle that Carl Edwards threw out his window on the previous lap) and other lame ass crap that NASCAR is coming up with is making the sport pretty lame.

I really like the racing with the Gen 6 car too.....It is a shame.

(I miss Dale Earnhardt )

Uller screwed with this post 06-03-2013 at 10:17 PM
Uller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 04:04 AM   #251
DirtFarmer
Has anyone seen my mother

Oddometer: 2,498
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uller View Post

At the very least, it should have been a failed restart and should have been done over.
Agreed, it seems like they have taken away the power to the flagman to no-start the race. I can't remember the last time a flagman called off the start for a false restart on the front row.

Now go to the local dirt track, the flagman calls off 10 a night.
Old 06-04-2013, 10:03 AM   #252
larryboy
Paint it black.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uller View Post
I really think it should have gone the other way with JPM getting the penalty for backing up the field.

(I miss Dale Earnhardt )

Yeah, then I looked up the rule...you can't beat the leader out of that little start box, that's where he went wrong. Pablo had until the second line to start the field and he timed it just right, I can't stand the whiney bastard, but he got rid of his competition like a pro.

Me too, think he'd still be in a car?
Old 06-04-2013, 10:51 AM   #253
Uller
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Yeah, then I looked up the rule...you can't beat the leader out of that little start box, that's where he went wrong. Pablo had until the second line to start the field and he timed it just right, I can't stand the whiney bastard, but he got rid of his competition like a pro.

Me too, think he'd still be in a car?
I guess I saw it as JJ checking up and matching JMP in the box and just after got back on it while JPM just sat there. (That box is very short in length at Dover, maybe a car length.) All the while, the green is waving giving JJ the free and clear to proceed with the race wheather he was first or not. (Maybe I should go watch it again in slow motion)

I don't know. He might have become workout buddies with Mark Martin and still be racing....

I would guess he would have retired by now (with 2 more Daytona Wins) and would be fiercely competing with Hendrick and Childress at the owner level and trying to help his Grandkids to beat the Dillons.
Old 06-09-2013, 01:28 PM   #254
larryboy
Paint it black.

Pocono was hands down the fakest race NASCAR has ever run, I didn't see a reason for any of the cautions aside from bunching up the field for TV. That first caution that came on a commercial and wasn't even mentioned until 20 laps later was fully bogus. There wasn't a need for a full course caution, not once, every single issue was able to clear itself up...let them race, if it's too boring for TV don't go back to Pocono.

Sad day for NASCAR.
Old 06-09-2013, 06:24 PM   #255
Uller
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Pocono was hands down the fakest race NASCAR has ever run, I didn't see a reason for any of the cautions aside from bunching up the field for TV. That first caution that came on a commercial and wasn't even mentioned until 20 laps later was fully bogus. There wasn't a need for a full course caution, not once, every single issue was able to clear itself up...let them race, if it's too boring for TV don't go back to Pocono.

Sad day for NASCAR.
I was wondering why the race was on TNT this weekend and I think you hit the nail on the head right there. Fox knew the racing is shit at this track and didn't want to bother with the broadcast because there isn't any commercial revenue from its habitually poor attendance/viewership.

I used the time to play with the Rally Navigator Program (which is totally badass BTW) and actually found myself frustrated with the cautions at the end of the race. I kept having to grab the remote to fast forward past the BS, to just see the finish of the race, and it took me away from my route creation.