Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-26-2013, 11:01 AM   #166
OlafofOregon OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 329
Thumb Zigzag Handlebar Bag in Motorcyclist Magazine

Here's what Motorcyclist writes:

"Giant Loop Zigzag Handlebar Bag - Named after Oregon's diminutive Zigzag River, the Zigzag bag from Giant Loop is hard to beat for convenience, with two straps that attach it directly to almost any motorcycle's handlebar. Military-spec materials are said to make the Zigzag especially rugged, and when you can ride no more it threads onto a belt or backpack to come along. The Zigzag is made Stateside and backed by Giant Loop's limited lifetime warranty. Just $49 at www.giantloopmoto.com."
Old 04-29-2013, 12:52 PM   #167
OlafofOregon OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Clubby from Australia's Trailzone mag on 2013 Tenere Tragics ride

Just a little Aussie mud on the Trailzone Tenere thumper
Old 05-01-2013, 12:38 PM   #168
snowhawk jockey
Slack Jaw Gaper

Oddometer: 1,130
Call or click on the link to reserve your spot on this ride, hosted by Giant Loop!

http://www.wordsideas.com/gl/summer-...ride-2013.html

2nd Annual Giant Loop Oregon Backcountry Overnighter:
Bend to Summer Lake Hot Springs
Sat. & Sun., June 1 & 2

Pre-pay to RSVP and reserve your spot before Monday, May 27
- we need a head count for food!

Join Giant Loop for off-road adventure in Oregon's beautiful high desert.

$50 includes:
Hosted scenic dirt and gravel road ride (off-road riding experience and properly equipped bike required, but only medium technical difficulty, with three routes to choose from)
GPS routes/maps
Camping and soaking at Summer Lake Hot Springs
Plus breakfast and dinner Saturday and breakfast Sunday.

Cabins and house available for additional charge. Call Summer Lake Hot Springs for availability and reservations 541-943-3931.

Schedule (subject to change)
Saturday 7:30am - Meet at Giant Loop shop in Bend for breakfast
Saturday 8:30am - Side stands up and visors down
Saturday Noon - Gas and lunch (pack your own - we'll provide snacks)
Saturday 3pm - Arrive at Summer Lake Hot Springs, set up camp and take a soak!
Saturday 6pm - Dinner

Sunday 8:30am - Breakfast
Sunday 10:00am - Break camp and head for home - or points beyond! (On your own.)

Monday - Tell all your friends how much fun you had, share pics and stories!
Old 05-03-2013, 04:01 PM   #169
OlafofOregon OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Scotty Breauxman's Buckin' Roll Tank Bag and MoJavi Saddlebag in ADV Moto

Anyone who follows Baja racing has read Scotty Breauxman's reports here on ADV Rider, on Thumper Talk, Race Dezert and his own Breauxman Live channel. Scotty was one of the first riders to buy a Giant Loop Saddlebag when we started in 2008, and he's been riding with Giant Loop bags on his trusty Honda XR650R ever since. In the June issue of ADV Moto magazine, he writes about riding in Baja, and Giant Loop's MoJavi Saddlebag and Buckin' Roll Tank Bag feature prominently in the photos, and in his "What to bring" section, Breauxman specifically calls out Giant Loop's Buckin' Roll Tank Bag.

Thanks Scotty!
Old 05-08-2013, 09:31 AM   #170
snowhawk jockey
Slack Jaw Gaper

Mr. Clubbman was at the KTM 1190 launch in Australia. First pic of a GL Fandango on the new AdventureR, in action!!
Of course, I am drooling all over this pic(and keyboard) since it is my new desktop photo...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clubby @Trailzone Magazine
Boys: just returned from a two-day haul out the back of Barrington Tops for the Aussie media launch of the new KTM 1190 Adventure R ... the thing is a weapon ... in Street or Sport mode she barks out a whopping 150hp ... say good-bye to your rear tyre!
Check out the pic attached of yours truly ... I ran the white GL Fandango on the new Austrian weapon and can report she fits like a glove!
Fire the pic across to Harold and let him know.
And thanks for all your support!
Clubbman,
TZ Inc.
Old 05-09-2013, 09:21 PM   #171
Ricky Rocket
Adventurer

Oddometer: 52
Still can't figure out why they can't make the Great Basin waterproof. I see the advantage of keeping gear in individual stuff sacks for convenience, but why not just make the whole durn bag waterproof? That way you can stuff all your crap in and not have to segregate it? Just asking..
Old 05-10-2013, 08:34 AM   #172
OlafofOregon OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky Rocket View Post
Still can't figure out why they can't make the Great Basin waterproof. I see the advantage of keeping gear in individual stuff sacks for convenience, but why not just make the whole durn bag waterproof? That way you can stuff all your crap in and not have to segregate it? Just asking..
Hi Ricky - We can make a fully seam sealed outer shell. In fact we did - and it would retail for about $2000!!! It's SUPER labor intensive to seal all the seams after the bag is sewn together. And there's no such thing as a "waterproof" zipper except for the really expensive and fragile ones used in SCUBA dry suits. The latest version of the Great Basin Saddlebag is HIGHLY water resistant, with far fewer needles holes stitched through the outer Bombshell. And it's so tough and stable that keeping gear dry inside is as easy as putting it in a plastic trash bag - or upgrading to GL's fitted Dry Pods. This makes the Great Basin Saddlebag even more affordable ($299 vs $329), modular and customizable than the previous versions. As far as "segregating" gear goes, it's far easier to pull out part of your kit (for example, your tools) if everything isn't simply piled into the outer shell, spilling out onto the ground when you unzip the shell. In general, packing bags inside of bags is the best way to pack - for motorcycling and just about any other form of travel. Try it - I think you'll like it! Cheers, Harold
Old 05-10-2013, 08:40 AM   #173
OlafofOregon OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Chilly White's Baja Bike

Chilly White (Enduro360.com) ready to roll South Of The Border: "Ready for a week in Baja, headed for who knows where. Anyone have some GPS tracks for me so we don't get too lost?"
Old 05-13-2013, 11:26 AM   #174
snowhawk jockey
Slack Jaw Gaper

I got my 950 put back together and took a spin with my girlfriend on Saturday. I was running a Mojavi on the 950 and mounted my Fandango on her 1971 Triumph Scrambler, since she hadn't ridden any luggage yet. I got a tip from OlafofOregon to cross the harness cinch straps under the rear of the tank and loop them on the opposite side, which worked perfect! It was her first experience with a tank bag and the Fandango was just the right foot print. She decided the height of the Diablo would be better for her to stand over, while on the trails, and Orange wasn't the right color for her red tank... Her Vintage bike sure was cute with the tank bag. I'll have to get her a Diablo and grab a pic, the next time we are out.
Old 05-14-2013, 06:38 PM   #175
OlafofOregon OP
Gnarly Adventurer

"Andare Leggeri, Andare Veloci, Andare Lontano" Italy's Mototurismo Magazine

Italian magazine Mototurismo puts Giant Loop's Great Basin Saddlebag and Fandango Tank Bag to the test, and there's an update from our EICMA booth on the new version of the Great Basin, plus the Siskiyou Panniers and Fort Rock Top Case.

PDF of article here - any Italian language speakers who want to translate for us?
Old 05-17-2013, 12:17 PM   #176
snowhawk jockey
Slack Jaw Gaper

OlafofOregon is on the way to the Overland Expo in Flagstaff Arizona. Be sure to swing by the GL booth and say "Hi", if you are attending!

Running through some beautiful country on the way:
Old 05-22-2013, 06:34 PM   #177
OlafofOregon OP
Gnarly Adventurer

GL's Summer Lake Hot Springs Ride - Sign Up By Monday!

If you plan to join us first weekend in June (1 & 2), please get signed up by Monday, so we can get a head count for food and beer! Bring a friend and come get a taste of Oregon's high desert backcountry. Click here for sign up page.

Old 05-24-2013, 05:23 AM   #178
Steve canyon
Adventurer

Oddometer: 70
What Bag?

Hi Folks, I strapped on the bags and set of for six months on the trails in Laos, put all my bike sparers in them...

Despite leaving one loose and the wheel trying to eat it in the first week..

I just left it and it held together...great gear.

Your slogan should be...."What Bag"

You don't know they are there...

Will be upgrading this year ready for the next trip....
Old 05-24-2013, 09:45 AM   #179
OlafofOregon OP
Gnarly Adventurer

MoJavi in Laos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve canyon View Post
Hi Folks, I strapped on the bags and set of for six months on the trails in Laos, put all my bike sparers in them...

Despite leaving one loose and the wheel trying to eat it in the first week..

I just left it and it held together...great gear.

Your slogan should be...."What Bag"

You don't know they are there...

Will be upgrading this year ready for the next trip....
Thanks for the post and pics! Southeast Asia is high on my bucket list of places to ride. A tarp, awning, shoe or other commercial sewing place can probably re-bind that edge on your MoJavi for just a couple dollars, or you can send it back to us. We've seen some pretty ingenious field repairs, too, like stitching damage closed with zip ties. Love the name "What Bag?"!
Old 05-24-2013, 10:02 AM   #180
OlafofOregon OP
Gnarly Adventurer

2013 Overland Expo pics

Posted up some pics of Overland Expo, including traveling to/from the event here.

Some highlights below

Closed Thread