User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-10-2013, 07:51 AM   #256
willys
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,904
OK the big question is.......is there any other video ride reports that come any where near the quality of Oisin's excellent R/R???

I would like to get someone's opinion on what to search for.....I know nothing will touch these videos but there has to be something worth watching.....I need a fix.......I'm contemplating downloading all of the series so I can rewatch them all just in case it goes down again one day......heaven forbid!
Old 05-10-2013, 08:44 AM   #257
nick949eldo
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 815
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oisin View Post
Morning!
Well I'm truly stunned that anyone even noticed they were gone!

Don't worry I'm still alive....... and no it didn't get picked up for a tv deal.... or anything like that.... all that happened was no one was looking at them when I looked at the analytics.... so there wasn't any point playing to an empty room....

Videos are live - will leave them up.
Some people out there - I'm not saying who, may have downloaded them to watch later, skewing the stats......
Old 05-10-2013, 09:31 AM   #258
ShaneBaby
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 131
I loved your videos and insight ya bloody plonker! how on earth can you think you're playing to an empty room with all the support here?

You need a swift kick up yur Irish backside laddy as a reminder of how bloody awesome what you are doing is! You are a fucken legend in my book mate

Carry on doing what you do
Old 05-10-2013, 10:07 AM   #259
Cloudhopper
Adventurer

Oddometer: 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by nick949eldo View Post
Some people out there - I'm not saying who, may have downloaded them to watch later, skewing the stats......
Well if someone was to do that, at least have the courtesy to run the video for the duration of the download. YT should count the view after 5 seconds into the video. Should being the operative word here. Youtubers like views, just sayin'.
Old 05-10-2013, 10:12 AM   #260
rgiroux
Invisible Man

Oddometer: 2,251
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaneBaby View Post
I loved your videos and insight ya bloody plonker! how on earth can you think you're playing to an empty room with all the support here?

You need a swift kick up yur Irish backside laddy as a reminder of how bloody awesome what you are doing is! You are a fucken legend in my book mate

Carry on doing what you do
yeah, that!

2009 Alaska , 2010 Moab
2011 Calif Dreaming , 2013 Mexico
Old 05-10-2013, 12:56 PM   #261
Prettyboy
BFLB

Oddometer: 484
Quote:
Morning!

Don't worry I'm still alive....... and no it didn't get picked up for a tv deal.... or anything like that.... all that happened was no one was looking at them when I looked at the analytics.... so there wasn't any point playing to an empty room....

Unless I am mistaken, views in an embedded version (like here) don't show up, so that's probably why it seemed like no one was watching. Thanks for getting them back up. I was very sad when they went down in the middle of my watching.
Old 05-10-2013, 01:08 PM   #262
elkgrichard
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 121
Glad they are back, pheeeeeew. I better make a copy of em before they get lost again.

Someone asked if we have any other ride reports... video type on here.

I was wondering that myself.

I know for sure I'm going to start recording my rides and file em for future generations, just in case i become famous my unborn children could sell em. Or at least understand how close they came to not being born.
Old 05-10-2013, 01:11 PM   #263
BELSTAFF
ADV NOMAD

Oddometer: 1,085
Just a guess

Oh I'm sure that the MODS--GB or ACE RALPH-- have that information at their disposal & would be interesting as to how many hits or visits, plus how many subscribers to our heros thread, w/ over 28k threads & odo over 918 k, I would hazard a guess that its more than a few.

Arizona OHV Ambassador

BELSTAFF screwed with this post 05-10-2013 at 01:14 PM Reason: add
Old 05-10-2013, 01:33 PM   #264
willys
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,904
If you go by the actual view count on this thread he has 31,000plus views. So lets say a third of those actually have watched all of his videos. That's HUGE!!! That on it's own is a good idea to show a documentary channel how well they are accepted and loved.

Someone needs to show someone with power these even if Oisin doesn't. Maybe he will get a nice surprise one day with a fat check in the mail.

Now I have to figure out how to download all of his videos...just incase......lol.
Old 05-10-2013, 02:33 PM   #265
LivnLif2TheFulst
An Adventurous Soul

Oddometer: 33
Fun Friday

So... It's pissing down rain tonight.... going to sit back and enjoy some pizza, some beer and have a go at a Video Marathon of Not Dead Yet

Oisin, thanks for putting up the videos again...

If You Think You Can or You Think You Can't...You're Right...

SEMPER-Fi
2008 Harley Davidson 96,000+ Miles
2009 BMW R1200 GSA 36,000+ Miles

LivnLif2TheFulst screwed with this post 05-11-2013 at 02:34 AM
Old 05-11-2013, 03:53 PM   #266
amaefm
n00b

Oddometer: 8
Oisin! Thank you so much, I am so glad to be able to finish watching your epic adventure.
Old 05-11-2013, 07:21 PM   #267
Mr Head
PowerPoint ADV

Oddometer: 6,850
I had to wait to see any of the videos until I got home.
I'd remembered to subscribe to them on YouTube.
They show up on my Apple TV. Very cool. It is going to take me a few weeks maybe months to get through them all. Wow!

Quote:
Morning!

Facebook
Smugmug
Old 05-12-2013, 04:11 AM   #268
grahamspc
Smitty

Oddometer: 151
Just started to re-watch episodes...question I forgot to ask while watching Mongolian episodes...did you ever run into bad fuel and if so where...I have run into crap fuel here in th U.S. and the bike runs like shit for a time...did you take any fuel treatment with you ??Hoping all is well with you.
Old 05-12-2013, 02:31 PM   #269
Oisin OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 85
Hi there...

Quote:
Originally Posted by grahamspc View Post
Just started to re-watch episodes...question I forgot to ask while watching Mongolian episodes...did you ever run into bad fuel and if so where...I have run into crap fuel here in th U.S. and the bike runs like shit for a time...did you take any fuel treatment with you ??Hoping all is well with you.
I never had any trouble with fuel at all, although having to sit out a 1000km in the truck probably helped

I didn't bring any fuel treatment either... I know you can buy octane improver but my advice is not to bother with it....even when I fueled up in the boonies of Bolivia, Mongolia, Russia, Peru, ... I never had any problems.... maybe the BMW engine is part of it, I'm not sure.

Cheers
Old 05-12-2013, 02:33 PM   #270
Oisin OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 85
yep

Quote:
Originally Posted by potski View Post
True: One mans ADVenture travel destination, is another mans homeland. As you say "it's all a matter of perspective". Guess there is a touch of the nomad in most of us.

Cheers
Potski
Absolutely - its always whats all around you that you take for granted....
but I'd gladly retire to Alberta or Montana in a heart beat! :-)
Closed Thread