Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-07-2013, 11:35 PM   #1891
Trane Francks
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 630
Quote:
Originally Posted by AntiHero View Post
We didn't get attacked by sandpeople.
That's always a plus, as is avoiding stepping in a 3-foot-deep pile of bantha poodoo.
Trane Francks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 06:09 AM   #1892
fritzcoinc
Enjoying my last V8

Oddometer: 6,679
Quote:

....but this lizard living in a cactus was a pretty good sign of what was in store.

Seriously, you can't make this shit up if you tried.
I think you all will agree, nature makes the best camouflage.
86 Husky 400 XCE, 00 Husky Te 610 e, 1999 Husky TC610 SM, 2000 Cagiva GC; Google: TX7
fritzcoinc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 05:14 PM   #1893
Bronco3738
Mike

Oddometer: 496
Finally got caught up on this report. Glad to see it's still progressing. Excellent pictures. You even made New Orleans look nice. I lived there for several years, once the new wears off its not as appealing. Greats architecture and lots of history but it's not the cleanest or always the friendliest.

This has to be one of the most thought provoking ride reports I've read. I don't always agree with what all of the commenters but the conversation makes you think. Thanks for putting such an effort into a documenting your ride. Glad to see Ducati even noticed. Can't wait for the rest of th story. Guess that's the bad part of being all caught up.

The wife and I make it a point to do at least one long trip a year since our honeymoon. Those trips are the best memories and the times we have the most fun. We can't wait till we can take longer and longer trips.

BTW. I like the FJ too. Not quite as sleek as the Ducati but definately serves a purpose.

Honeymoon Ride Report

Crazy Europeans Tour Utah
Bronco3738 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 07:17 PM   #1894
AntiHero OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,146
Bronco: I hear you about NOLA. It's a wonderful place for a few weeks. I miss it a lot, but like most big cities, the disadvantages to living there become clear only when you've overstayed your welcome!

As for the FJ--it might not be an ADV bike, but it prevented me from having to ride with another man hugging me from behind. ;) Also let me bring along a bbq and a ton of food. (Stay tuned for Lemongrass Bulgogi and Kimchee rice!)

I'll have to do DV on a bike made for it.....perhaps Ducati or KTM have a press bike they would like reviewed/ADV tested?

This is what the "closed" road into the park looks like when you get far enough in. My third time up this side and it just gets better and better.

AntiHero screwed with this post 05-10-2013 at 04:39 PM
AntiHero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 07:54 PM   #1895
Bronco3738
Mike

Oddometer: 496
Quote:
Bronco: I hear you about NOLA. It's a wonderful place for a few weeks. I miss it a lot, but like most big cities, the disadvantages to living there become clear only when you've overstayed your welcome!

As for the FJ--it might not be an ADV bike, but it prevented me from having to ride with another man hugging me from behind. ;) Also let me bring along a bbq and a ton of food. (Stay tuned for Lemongrass Bulgogi and Kimchee rice!)
I must have really overstayed my welcome. Your pictures really show the beauty of the city.

Some of the same reasons we choose to take the Rubicon on a lot of camping trips. We can bring lots of food, and the dogs too.

And yep I'd skip the other guy hugging you too. Lol

If you get a chance to take a KTM 990 out into the desert, don't turn it down. It may not be a superbike, but a 100 plus horsepower dirt bike can be a lot of fun to slide around

Looking forward to the food pics!

Mike

Honeymoon Ride Report

Crazy Europeans Tour Utah

Bronco3738 screwed with this post 05-09-2013 at 06:29 AM
Bronco3738 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 08:18 AM   #1896
manban9888
Adventurer

Oddometer: 65
The solitude of Death Valley must be a great way to recharge your batteries. It's on my list of places to see. Good to see your adventure continues. Those DV pics are some of my favorite. You're still making good choices...the one about using the parachute and avoiding men hugging you from behind come to mind :)
manban9888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 09:00 AM   #1897
rico2072
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 320
Wow, those pictures make me think I should do Death Valley when I take the KLR out there and not the R1!
Great pics.
Old 05-09-2013, 07:18 PM   #1898
vicster
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,020
Quote:
They fucking better be! I've sold quite a few bikes for them and helped Ducati accomplish from a branding/marketing/PR perspective what they couldn't have possibly done on their own. All at no cost, too.

As for the Scythes in the background--I just hope the grim reaper doesn't have any issues with it or I'm in big trouble!
If one were to worry about such a thing, I would be more concerned by its striking resemblance to the Paul Jr. Designs window sticker sold by WalMart. Just sayin'.

And thanks for writing this report, I've enjoyed it very much.
vicster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 07:43 PM   #1899
ewaugh
Adventurer

Oddometer: 16
Quote:

You must not have spent any time in the military Anti. I've seen more penis and been nut to butt with more men than I have women...
ewaugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 11:40 PM   #1900
AntiHero OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicster View Post
If one were to worry about such a thing, I would be more concerned by its striking resemblance to the Paul Jr. Designs window sticker sold by WalMart. Just sayin'.

And thanks for writing this report, I've enjoyed it very much.
Paul Jr. Window Sticker? Don't know who he is and haven't been to a Walmart since forever? Googled it and couldn't find anything that resembles mine!

Death Valley. Back to.

Oh....only one short weekend in the Military (Camp Roberts). I was underage, but the Army was cool about it. Lots of fun, but too much figurative cock in the butt. ;)

Got decompression? Mars is a lot farther away, gravity there sucks and ya can't breathe the air. If you've ever imagined a weekend on another planet, it's as every bit as rewarding as these pictures depict. And you don't need a rocket to get there.

No one could figure out until recently how the rocks moved.

Has something to do with wind and water. ;)

AntiHero screwed with this post 05-10-2013 at 04:40 PM
Old 05-10-2013, 01:20 AM   #1901
AntiHero OP
Beastly Adventurer

After the Racetrack, Teakettle Junction, which had nearly been wiped clean, then Ubehebe Crater (Ancient Volcano) then Titus Canyon.

AntiHero screwed with this post 05-10-2013 at 04:38 PM
Old 05-10-2013, 06:23 AM   #1902
fritzcoinc
Enjoying my last V8

Oddometer: 6,679
Excellent! Thanks again for this.
Can you clue me/us in on the climate this time of year and the type of gear you are using/need in Death Valley?
86 Husky 400 XCE, 00 Husky Te 610 e, 1999 Husky TC610 SM, 2000 Cagiva GC; Google: TX7
fritzcoinc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 04:38 PM   #1903
AntiHero OP
Beastly Adventurer

Ok, guys....been notified by the ADV Admins that this Ride Report is looking suspiciously like a blog. As per the rules, a ride has to have a beginning and an end and the official end is/was SF. Terminating DV and CotA coverage so I can finish up with where the ride finally ended: SF. Thoughts/pics/and "The End" coming soon.

If enough people are interested, footnotes, outtakes and other adventures will be made available at: http://antihero-x.com/blog. Just click the blog title and subscribe by email to receive updates.

Fritz: I'll PM you a reply.
Old 05-10-2013, 04:41 PM   #1904
rickrwh
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 135
Quote:
After the Racetrack, Teakettle Junction, which had nearly been wiped clean, then Ubehebe Crater (Ancient Volcano) then Titus Canyon.
Man you make me miss the desert.

Ubehebe is cool as shit. Not really a volcano, more like a giant volcanic zit that went "POP!"

Keep 'em comin'
Old 05-10-2013, 08:46 PM   #1905
rico2072
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 320
Well you can always do another ride!