ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > West California, the desert southwest and whatever is left
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-09-2013, 08:34 AM   #12106
wrk2surf
on the gas or brakes

Oddometer: 6,459
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrk2surf View Post
Bessore meadows hi sierra cabin is ready for a gathering ! We have space for a couple trailers too plus camping on the deck or on the ground for tents and remote stuff out back..

Im thinking maybe June 7th-8th 9th or June 22nd 23rd since the weekend of the 16th is Fathers day.
Thanks for the 2015 support: BELL HELMETS, SCOTT USA, Kriega USA, SEATCONCEPTS.COM , Galfer USA, Carbon-pro.com, GPR stabilzers, Sidi/Motonation, Masters paint and body, Magura , Motolab , Loctite and Dunlop tires .
wrk2surf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 08:49 AM   #12107
pcvance
Walk Verplank

Oddometer: 5,477
Thumb Bessore meadows

Quote:
Im thinking maybe June 7th-8th 9th or June 22nd 23rd since the weekend of the 16th is Fathers day.
June 7-9 sounds good
Old 05-09-2013, 09:26 AM   #12108
wrk2surf
on the gas or brakes

Ok.. we have one! Can I get a second so I can post up on FB to get some other friends invited ?
Thanks for the 2015 support: BELL HELMETS, SCOTT USA, Kriega USA, SEATCONCEPTS.COM , Galfer USA, Carbon-pro.com, GPR stabilzers, Sidi/Motonation, Masters paint and body, Magura , Motolab , Loctite and Dunlop tires .
Old 05-09-2013, 10:42 AM   #12109
styger
Adventurer

Oddometer: 86
A little off topic and short notice.
I'm going to be down in the jawbone/ randsburg area riding this saturday and possibly sunday (11,12) if anyone wants to join me. You'll have to find sleeping arrangements as I have no room with me. And it's supposed to be about 100 degrees so I can understand if no on wants to go. haha

styger screwed with this post 05-09-2013 at 10:53 AM
styger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 04:58 PM   #12110
PotentialScat
aint

Oddometer: 1,159
Quote:
either works for me

centralvalleyds
PotentialScat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 06:46 PM   #12111
HAPPYTRAILSINC
single track rider

Oddometer: 1,003
Quote:
Ok.. we have one! Can I get a second so I can post up on FB to get some other friends invited ?
im all

I am in not associated with happy-trails.com
I am the original happytrails
HAPPYTRAILSINC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 08:40 AM   #12112
wrk2surf
on the gas or brakes

OK I need to bump it to the 22nd 23rd to not only give us time but also there is a organized ride in Kern by Dual Dogs being ran and I may go.

SO.. heres the deal, anyone is welcome to come up late thursday afternoon June 20th to start the weekend. I will be there from thurday till sunday. I will open our place and empty lot next door up to anyone wanting to stay the weekend. We have running water but no hot water as the water heater froze and broke. There is a stove and of course there always is Jones store for some food and drink and hopefully gas at the old pump. Bass lake is a 35 min drive down as well as Oakhurst for ones that forgot stuff. There is room upstairs on the floor and on the deck for ones without tents. There also is free dispersed camping (need a campfire permit) all around the beasore meadows development within a mile if you want to be out in the forest.

I dont want to plan an organized ride rather leave it up to you where you want to go then share your experiences around the fire at night. I will have area maps and of course will give you directions to great places.

SO whos in for The Beasore Buttsore ride 2013 ? I will be keeping the number of people down to 20 or 30 for the first one.
Old 05-10-2013, 08:53 AM   #12113
pcvance
Walk Verplank

Oddometer: 5,477
Thumb wrk2surfs cabin in da woods.....

Quote:
OK I need to bump it to the 22nd 23rd to not only give us time but also there is a organized ride in Kern by Dual Dogs being ran and I may go.

SO.. heres the deal, anyone is welcome to come up late thursday afternoon June 20th to start the weekend. I will be there from thurday till sunday. I will open our place and empty lot next door up to anyone wanting to stay the weekend. We have running water but no hot water as the water heater froze and broke. There is a stove and of course there always is Jones store for some food and drink and hopefully gas at the old pump. Bass lake is a 35 min drive down as well as Oakhurst for ones that forgot stuff. There is room upstairs on the floor and on the deck for ones without tents. There also is free dispersed camping (need a campfire permit) all around the beasore meadows development within a mile if you want to be out in the forest.

I dont want to plan an organized ride rather leave it up to you where you want to go then share your experiences around the fire at night. I will have area maps and of course will give you directions to great places.

SO whos in for The Beasore Buttsore ride 2013 ? I will be keeping the number of people down to 20 or 30 for the first one.
IN!
Mike, I have an electric water heater I'll donate to the cabin, if you want.
Let me know...
This will be good, I've been want to spend more time up there!
Perry

PS did ya get the LC4 running? Can't wait to see it.
Old 05-10-2013, 09:09 AM   #12114
wrk2surf
on the gas or brakes

Thanks but NO electricty or ginny... only propane....I am planning on maybe a instant gas hot water heater this summer. But the cabin may be on the market..

The LC4 is another reason I didnt want to do this earlier... I want to have it done as its my only plated bike.

wrk2surf screwed with this post 05-10-2013 at 06:06 PM
Old 05-10-2013, 09:28 AM   #12115
coarsegoldkid
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 567
Sotsnf

You guys might want to check this out for July. The Stewards of the Sierra National Forest are hosting a fundraiser. They do great stuff for the forest and together with others help to keep the forest open for us to ride. Here is the link just click it> http://www.sotsnf.org/html/events/events.php#event5
coarsegoldkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 09:31 AM   #12116
coarsegoldkid
Studly Adventurer

Quote:

so whos in for the beasore buttsore ride 2013 ? I will be keeping the number of people down to 20 or 30 for the first one.
in
Old 05-10-2013, 12:04 PM   #12117
HAPPYTRAILSINC
single track rider

Oddometer: 1,003
Quote:

WHY pay to ride when u can get a free tour from us, we will take u on stuff Damon cannot take u guys on anymore, plus, how many times can u ride the kern river trail pm me for details

so what kind of riding can we expect-looking for hard core single track shit

I am in not associated with happy-trails.com
I am the original happytrails
HAPPYTRAILSINC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 05:40 PM   #12118
wrk2surf
on the gas or brakes

thats all in Kern!! no.. really if you like that I sugesst 007 from Bass lake up to shuteye peak lookout.. mostly forest roads near the cabin and I am just offering a main camp area for people that want to explore the area and hang out. Some ot the other destinations could be whiskey creek area (below shuteye).. Iron Lakes and Twin lakes near the Merced drainage (jeep trails) ... OHV single track at Miami Creek riding area. Then also if you want you can connect that area over to the Merced/Mariposa/Briceburg area... Or you can ride over to the center of california then burgers at the buckhorn in northfork or ????
It seems there is alot of destinations and thats the fun of dual sporting, picking your buddy and doin a ride. I will try to get a large Bar b que set up so try to your own food or eat at the very slow moving Jones Store or ride down the the lake for lunch or dinner at Millers landing / the Forks/ The Pines or in Oakhurst. I will have a couple maps but suggest a sierra national forest map for you that plan to come.

Like I said Im not planning any routes/rollcharts nor do I want to lead any rides of multiple riders. I just would like to meet a few of you on this thread not have an official adv blowout (just yet)

Just a little spring weekend ride n camp in the hi sierras.. trying to keep the head count under 20 or 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by coarsegoldkid View Post
You guys might want to check this out for July. The Stewards of the Sierra National Forest are hosting a fundraiser. They do great stuff for the forest and together with others help to keep the forest open for us to ride. Here is the link just click it> http://www.sotsnf.org/html/events/events.php#event5

Coarsegold kid...thanks for that link! They canceled last years ride.. its a great weekend if anyone can make it up here..I have worked with SOTSNF on cleanup with Mike W and also do some solo trail work but they are doing the good work of keepin our stuff open and have good roll chart GPS rides (I actually have started a seperate thread for this ride the last couple years on the west posts)

wrk2surf screwed with this post 05-10-2013 at 05:46 PM
Old 05-10-2013, 06:20 PM   #12119
coarsegoldkid
Studly Adventurer

I'll be there tomorrow with SOTSNF cleaning up Whiskey Falls area.

I might be able to provide some GPS routes and tracks for your June event. I have a very nice one right now that is good for all bikes. I have another for the westside of Hwy 41. Also Miami Trails off-road area is just west of Hwy 41. I hear there are some single track stuff there too. For the riders wanting more challenging I also might be able to provide which trails to take. I was on one challenging rocky downhill yesterday. It was lesson #1. That was intense and I'll do it again if I can find it. I'm not a seasoned rider. I go more for the moderate stuff as I learn. For anyone coming I suggest you get a set of Vehicle Use Maps of the Sierra National Forest. That way you can get really lost.
Old 05-10-2013, 06:40 PM   #12120
Rearsteer
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 185
SO.. heres the deal, anyone is welcome to come up late thursday afternoon June 20th to start the weekend. I will be there from thurday till sunday. I will open our place and empty lot next door up to anyone
SO whos in for The Beasore Buttsore ride 2013 ? I will be keeping the number of people down to 20 or 30 for the first one.[/QUOTE]

IN, IN, IN baby!