Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Asia
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-10-2013, 07:01 PM   #1186
Hercules
"Proudly Philippine Made"

Oddometer: 588
The views from Bontoc coming from Mt. Polis as follows....

Old 05-12-2013, 05:49 PM   #1187
hondav2
Kiwi Fukengruver

Oddometer: 1,384
Wicked Hay Herc

Looks like you and me only inmates doing any travel here , I have just got back from 5 days over at Biliran Island and Northern Leyte. Have you and your friends ever considered chartering a light plane and flying down to Bantayan for a weekend . There will be an inmate from Alaska here soon , I rode around a lot of Alaska and Yukon with him . You can get good places to stay here at Santa Fe for 600- 1000p a night .
Abbey Autos Wasilla Alaska
Photos www.toddy.smugmug.com
Starting smugmug gallery use this for discount yPcvMhjigUORk
2001 DR650 110,000 km
2003 Heritage Classic
2004 CBR1000RR
2007 KTM950R Super Enduro
2007 1200GS
2008 Hypermotard S
hondav2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 11:19 PM   #1188
Hercules
"Proudly Philippine Made"

Oddometer: 588
Quote:
Originally Posted by hondav2 View Post
Looks like you and me only inmates doing any travel here , I have just got back from 5 days over at Biliran Island and Northern Leyte. Have you and your friends ever considered chartering a light plane and flying down to Bantayan for a weekend . There will be an inmate from Alaska here soon , I rode around a lot of Alaska and Yukon with him . You can get good places to stay here at Santa Fe for 600- 1000p a night .

Sure my friend will plan that soon.

I got two lost ride buddies now on board a roro from Danao to Isabel in Leyte. They came from Negros islad and is doing a loop back to Manila.

Both riders are on Multistrada 1200.
Old 05-13-2013, 06:37 AM   #1189
hondav2
Kiwi Fukengruver

Oddometer: 1,384
Hi Herc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hercules View Post
Sure my friend will plan that soon.

I got two lost ride buddies now on board a roro from Danao to Isabel in Leyte. They came from Negros islad and is doing a loop back to Manila.

Both riders are on Multistrada 1200.
Good one , they would have stopped off at Camoates Islands , If there not in a hurry a ride down to Guiuian in Eastern Samar would be good , very tropical , and a look across top of Northern Samar as well. My plan it to be at Bantayan till about Sept then a week or two at Biri Island Northern Samar before returning to New Zealand for the summer and get in some riding .
Abbey Autos Wasilla Alaska
Photos www.toddy.smugmug.com
Starting smugmug gallery use this for discount yPcvMhjigUORk
2001 DR650 110,000 km
2003 Heritage Classic
2004 CBR1000RR
2007 KTM950R Super Enduro
2007 1200GS
2008 Hypermotard S
hondav2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 08:35 AM   #1190
Watercat
. . . gravity sucks

Oddometer: 1,543
Great pics guys . . . . . .

" . . . discovery channel has been shit for over a decade . . . this (ADVrider) is actually good." - OldAndBusted

Expect the unexpected! - Skunked & DfunkD

2006 Husky TE 610
2005 Big Strom
2010 THRUXTON
Watercat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 12:49 AM   #1191
Paollo
Adventurer

Oddometer: 48
Sarangani Bay Ride!

Just had a chance to ride with the groups here in Southern Philippines, wow! i was surprised with numbers of biggies now a days here in the place, here's the video of that ride;
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P2PPvRQAJpk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5DnESvZAIf4

Paollo screwed with this post 06-03-2013 at 01:00 AM
Paollo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 03:48 AM   #1192
tshelver
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 567
Which part of southern Philippines?
'06 Husky TE610 (gone)
tshelver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 03:06 PM   #1193
Paollo
Adventurer

Oddometer: 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by tshelver View Post
Which part of southern Philippines?
Sarangani Province
Paollo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 03:39 PM   #1194
BLZBRKR65
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 190
Dumaguete City to Boracay Island

I'm planning to ride solo from Dumaguete City to Boracay in the next few weeks... Does anybody happen to have a link to a roll chart or map of the route? Has anybody on the forum done this trip? As of now, the plan is to go to Bacolod from Dumaguete, then hop the ferry to Ilo-Ilo then Caticlan. I will be riding my '89 Honda Transalp with a Honda Hawk 650cc V2 motor.
'00 XR650R
'86 XL600R
'83 XL600R
BLZBRKR65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 04:32 PM   #1195
tshelver
Studly Adventurer

I've only done Dumaguete / Bacolod, but if you stick Dumaguete / Boracay in Google maps it will come up with a route.

I don't particularly like the route to Bacolod as it is the main bus route via Kabankalan, but there are alternatives. The Kabankalan/Bacolod section is pretty boring and quite busy.

I'd suggest going up the east coast st least as far as Vallehermoso and cross the island via one of the two routes north and south of Mt Canlaon.

I've done the northern one from San Carlos (google maps seems a bit wrong, San Carlos is usually the ferry town on the coast), and it's a stunning ride, scenic, twisty and good pavement.

The other really nice ride is around the southern part of Negros via Bayawan and Sipalay, very scenic but a lot further and you are still faced with the Kabankalan - the Bacolod stretch.

If you are just looking for a 2 day ride from Dumaguete, it's better as the road from Kabankalan east across the mountains is quite nice, if a bit busy.

Sent from my chinaphone, excuse the spelling
'06 Husky TE610 (gone)
Old 06-10-2013, 06:32 AM   #1196
BLZBRKR65
Gnarly Adventurer

Dumaguete City to Boracay Island

Thanks for the reply. I'll probably take the scenic longer beach route via Bayawan to Bacolod, Then the ferry to Ilo-Ilo, Then take Boracay via Roxas City. I'll take the Mountainous route coming back to have a different view. I'm planning to be on the road for 7-10 days.
'00 XR650R
'86 XL600R
'83 XL600R
Old 06-10-2013, 05:58 PM   #1197
DanTheMan07
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLZBRKR65 View Post
Thanks for the reply. I'll probably take the scenic longer beach route via Bayawan to Bacolod, Then the ferry to Ilo-Ilo, Then take Boracay via Roxas City. I'll take the Mountainous route coming back to have a different view. I'm planning to be on the road for 7-10 days.
Let me know when you get to Boracay, i'm based here. When coming to the island i think you'll have to leave your bike in Caticlan. Its possible to bring over via banka, but no real need. I think there are a few places in caticlan that will store for you. I know a few residents here have cars they keep on the mainland. Enjoy the trip!
DanTheMan07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 09:26 PM   #1198
BLZBRKR65
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanTheMan07 View Post
Let me know when you get to Boracay, i'm based here. When coming to the island i think you'll have to leave your bike in Caticlan. Its possible to bring over via banka, but no real need. I think there are a few places in caticlan that will store for you. I know a few residents here have cars they keep on the mainland. Enjoy the trip!
It's been awhile since i've been to Bora. Can't even remember about the ferry from Caticlan to Boracay. It would be nice though to bring the bikes accross to explore the island... Would the ferry take my bike accross the island for a fee? Bangka seems too risky... Maybe DanTheMan can look into this for me...
'00 XR650R
'86 XL600R
'83 XL600R
Old 06-10-2013, 11:28 PM   #1199
DanTheMan07
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLZBRKR65 View Post
It's been awhile since i've been to Bora. Can't even remember about the ferry from Caticlan to Boracay. It would be nice though to bring the bikes accross to explore the island... Would the ferry take my bike accross the island for a fee? Bangka seems too risky... Maybe DanTheMan can look into this for me...
There are no regular ferries that i know of. But i guess they have to get vehicles on the island some how. Might need special permit, small island i think they only allow vehicles by permit to avoid overcrowding. To be honest, there is not that much to explore. Might be cheaper and less of hassle to store in caticlan and rent scooter for the day (500-1000php) on the island.

But ill ask around and see what i can find out.
DanTheMan07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 02:32 AM   #1200
tshelver
Studly Adventurer

BTW I'm sure you already know about it, but road guide.ph has probably the best electronic Philippines map, lots of riding and stuff marked around Dumaguete.

You can only download the older demo version to your GPS, but the latest map can be downloaded and used on a PC.

Probably easiest if you use Garmin software.

Sent from my Android chinaphone, please excuse the spelling
'06 Husky TE610 (gone)