ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Central From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 05-10-2013, 03:44 AM   #8101
proeasy
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Aug 2008
Location: Motown
Oddometer: 295
Less Orange

Is it just me or is there less orange, more red and white in the new KTM's. Maybe Husky Lives and the Austrians know a good thing when they see it


http://www.ktm.com/enduro/250-exc-si...l#.UYzOnfLD-ZF
__________________
BMW F800 GSA
Husky TE-630
Husky TE-511
Husky TE-510
Stumpjumper Carbon 29'r PRO
proeasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 06:36 AM   #8102
Dfrnt
Just pluggin' along
 
Dfrnt's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2007
Location: Grass Lake, Michigan
Oddometer: 940
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdewers View Post
Who's going to Frederic on May 18-19? I'm lined up, also planning on the Whiskey Creek Classic on June 1-2. Have receIved formal (if not enthusiastic) approval from SHE WHO MUST BE OBEYED

It's interesting - the better I plan my summer, the more pissed off she gets. Go figger .. .
I'm in and PBR SG will be there late Saturday.
__________________
"Roads? Where we're going we don't need roads" Doc Brown
Dfrnt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 06:37 AM   #8103
Dfrnt
Just pluggin' along
 
Dfrnt's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2007
Location: Grass Lake, Michigan
Oddometer: 940
Quote:
Originally Posted by proeasy View Post
Is it just me or is there less orange, more red and white in the new KTM's. Maybe Husky Lives and the Austrians know a good thing when they see it


http://www.ktm.com/enduro/250-exc-si...l#.UYzOnfLD-ZF
Seems to be just the 6 days versions. Will be interesting to see how they blend....
__________________
"Roads? Where we're going we don't need roads" Doc Brown
Dfrnt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 07:18 AM   #8104
Bruno T . OP
N8YQ
 
Bruno T .'s Avatar
 
Joined: May 2006
Location: Detroit area, MI
Oddometer: 1,828
Six Days is in Sardinia next year, hence the colors.

They've been doing the ISDE theme for a few years now.
Bruno T . is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 07:56 AM   #8105
Marco Moto
Voyager
 
Marco Moto's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2008
Location: surrounded by the Great Lakes
Oddometer: 1,200
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruno T . View Post
Six Days is in Sardinia next year, hence the colors.

They've been doing the ISDE theme for a few years now.
Sardinia is one of the most beautiful places I have ever seen in my life. Anyone want to go check it out next year?
__________________
-Marco Moto
Marco Moto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 09:19 AM   #8106
proeasy
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Aug 2008
Location: Motown
Oddometer: 295
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruno T . View Post
Six Days is in Sardinia next year, hence the colors.

They've been doing the ISDE theme for a few years now.
Man you guys kill all my hope for my beloved boutique brand

Paul
__________________
BMW F800 GSA
Husky TE-630
Husky TE-511
Husky TE-510
Stumpjumper Carbon 29'r PRO
proeasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 09:20 AM   #8107
rdewers
Mid Life Opportunist
 
Joined: Oct 2011
Location: Bloomfield MI
Oddometer: 139
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simple. View Post
I'll be there for both! Dont know about Matt, but ill make it there somehow. I need to buy another truck... or I could strap the 400 on the roof of the Audi I suppose... I've seen worse.

Jon
jon - i could include it on my trailer if you don't have another way of getting up there. Randy
rdewers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 09:21 AM   #8108
trumposorousrex
NOW WHAT?
 
trumposorousrex's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2012
Location: Detroit
Oddometer: 284
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simple. View Post
I'll be there for both! Dont know about Matt, but ill make it there somehow. I need to buy another truck... or I could strap the 400 on the roof of the Audi I suppose... I've seen worse.

Jon
The Red neck Ramada will be at both. Don't worry and calm down.
trumposorousrex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 09:36 AM   #8109
Simple.
I'm Special
 
Simple.'s Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2012
Location: Troy, MI
Oddometer: 566
Quote:
Originally Posted by trumposorousrex View Post
The Red neck Ramada will be at both. Don't worry and calm down.
Phew. I was worried. The bed bugs and lice will be excited to see us again!

Jon
Simple. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 09:39 AM   #8110
Simple.
I'm Special
 
Simple.'s Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2012
Location: Troy, MI
Oddometer: 566
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdewers View Post
jon - i could include it on my trailer if you don't have another way of getting up there. Randy
Thanks for the offer Randy! If Matts vertical smile starts hurting, I may need to take you up on that.

Jon
Simple. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 09:47 AM   #8111
rdewers
Mid Life Opportunist
 
Joined: Oct 2011
Location: Bloomfield MI
Oddometer: 139
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simple. View Post
Thanks for the offer Randy! If Matts vertical smile starts hurting, I may need to take you up on that.

Jon
that is some really bad imagery you just conjured up
rdewers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 12:02 PM   #8112
proeasy
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Aug 2008
Location: Motown
Oddometer: 295
KTM Dealer

Have a very good freind most likely moving to the US this summer for few years from Brazil. He plans to leave his KTM's in Brazil and buy some here based on the US prices. He starts home shopping here in June but will be looking for some KTM's for him and his kids. Which dealer in the Ann Arbor Area or similar would you gents recommend?

Paul
__________________
BMW F800 GSA
Husky TE-630
Husky TE-511
Husky TE-510
Stumpjumper Carbon 29'r PRO
proeasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 12:39 PM   #8113
bigtrailie
Rough idle
 
bigtrailie's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2005
Location: Jackson, MI
Oddometer: 615
Quote:
Originally Posted by proeasy View Post
Have a very good freind most likely moving to the US this summer for few years from Brazil. He plans to leave his KTM's in Brazil and buy some here based on the US prices. He starts home shopping here in June but will be looking for some KTM's for him and his kids. Which dealer in the Ann Arbor Area or similar would you gents recommend?

Paul
Holiday Powersports here in Jackson, MI has LOADS & LOADS of new orange stuff (along with some Kawasaki, Yamaha, Honda, etc) on their floor.

http://www.holidaypowersports.com/

It's about 35 minutes west of Ann Arbor. I've never purchased a new bike there (nothing against them...heck, I've never purchased a new bike at all...cheap bastage), but the guys at the parts counter are great to deal with. And they have a chatty sales chick who isn't too hard on the eyes either.
__________________
Need my knees in the breeze through the trees.

'04 KTM 950 ADVENTURE (black) - '05 Honda XR650R (plated) - '97 Honda XR600R (plated) - '99 Honda Valkyrie Interstate (joy rides with my wife and kids)
bigtrailie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 06:38 PM   #8114
KTM640Dakar
Motorsick
 
KTM640Dakar's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2004
Location: Oxbow Lake
Oddometer: 2,008
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtrailie View Post
Holiday Powersports here in Jackson, MI has LOADS & LOADS of new orange stuff (along with some Kawasaki, Yamaha, Honda, etc) on their floor.

http://www.holidaypowersports.com/

It's about 35 minutes west of Ann Arbor. I've never purchased a new bike there (nothing against them...heck, I've never purchased a new bike at all...cheap bastage), but the guys at the parts counter are great to deal with. And they have a chatty sales chick who isn't too hard on the eyes either.
__________________
A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

It is not the destination, it's the journey.
KTM640Dakar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 07:54 AM   #8115
Simple.
I'm Special
 
Simple.'s Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2012
Location: Troy, MI
Oddometer: 566
Countdown begins for Frederic. Matt made reservations for a site. We Should be there by 9pm

Jon
Simple. is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 09:00 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014