Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > GSpot > GS Boxers
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-09-2013, 12:31 PM   #8866
oz97tj
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 821
Maybe I was a bit grumpy at the time of response and maybe I was a little harsh. Frankly I took the post as more trolling which is irritating and pointless. If you truky werr asking an honest question I apologize.

With that said, I stand by my statement about their being tons of bikes out there with no issues that would indicate it being a death machine any more than any other bike ever made.
Old 05-09-2013, 01:12 PM   #8867
ShaftEd
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,353
Quote:
Originally Posted by oz97tj View Post
Maybe I was a bit grumpy at the time of response and maybe I was a little harsh.

That's OK, I'm a bit grumpy because I'm not able to get new LC right now.

Here's to yours going over 100K miles like my 2007
ShaftEd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 01:15 PM   #8868
NLS
My bike needs washing...

Oddometer: 3,175
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marki_GSA View Post
Hmmm I thought this or at least part of it had been put to bed. Maybe the thread I read on ukgser was bull don't know but. Kevin was killed because of a collision with another bike. The bike journalist that had the huge tank slapper was riding hands free on cruise control while standing up I.E being a total twat and it should never have been published. I will try and locate the thread and link to it later so you can all decide for yourself if it's bull or not but it explains a few things to my mind why nobody outside the SA tests have managed to replicate a lock snapping slapper.
I am curious, please do find those posts.
NLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 01:47 PM   #8869
ShaftEd
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,353
Quote:
Originally Posted by NLS View Post
I am curious, please do find those posts.
Found it:

http://www.ukgser.com/forums/showthread.php?t=334967

Hardly definitive though.
ShaftEd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 01:58 PM   #8870
Hambonee
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 176
I have a test ride g this bike scheduled sat and all ready pre-approved on it. Only bump if I like it will be my trade in which I have a couple K equity in according to bluebook.

Afraid I am really gonna like this thing..cripes!

Newbie question though..I really dont care about the options other than the dang LED headlight(I liek seeign at night..go figure)...

Do I have to buy all the farkles to get it or is someone aware of a dealership doing that seperate from a 2K option package?

Fudge I am scared of Saturday
Hambonee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 02:20 PM   #8871
nwpa
Generally amused

Oddometer: 499
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hambonee View Post
Do I have to buy all the farkles to get it or is someone aware of a dealership doing that seperate from a 2K option package?

Fudge I am scared of Saturday
LCD is part of a package. Probably intentional to drive people to the package versus standalone.
nwpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 03:51 PM   #8872
oz97tj
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 821
If the only thing you want is the LED for brightness and none of the other options, you can buy some pretty amazing aux lights for far.
Old 05-09-2013, 04:09 PM   #8873
tallguy-09
Smile 4 Miles

Oddometer: 1,436
Quote:
If the only thing you want is the LED for brightness and none of the other options, you can buy some pretty amazing aux lights for far.
Aux maybe but not really when you consider on-road suitability (DOT), no for main LED low-beam. I'd go with the full LED package, it's only money
tallguy-09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 04:41 PM   #8874
twinrider
pass the catnip

Oddometer: 9,445
Quote:
With the exception of the Piaa LP530s, the led aftermarket driving lights would only be suitable for supplementing the high beam. Where the LED headlight truly shines is on low beam, extremely bright with a wide throw and sharp cutoff so it gives excellent visibility without bothering oncoming traffic.
twinrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 07:47 PM   #8875
madefrtv
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 436
Quote:
I agree. The OEM aux LEDs are a bunch cheaper and the integrated switch/mirror mount is cool!

whoa, dude...
madefrtv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 09:11 PM   #8876
Voz
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 491
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaftEd View Post
That's OK, I'm a bit grumpy because I'm not able to get new LC right now.

Here's to yours going over 100K miles like my 2007
I'm grumpy coz I have to wait 4 more days to pick up my new LC I ordered in Feb, lol.

I have not had a bike for 3 weeks now as I advertised my bike early before the new model expecting it not to sell immediately, I was wrong.

4 more sleeps, c'mon sandman do your thing!
Voz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 05:45 PM   #8877
Hambonee
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 176
lol..waiting is hard!

So after test riding a 13' and an older GS ...yeah...ended up picking up the last 13'GS they had in stock..

Damn thing was a rocket...the one they had there even had the options I wanted..and they threw in the 400 dollars engine guards.

Pick it up Tuesday or Wed..cant wait!!!
Hambonee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 08:22 PM   #8878
atg
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 224
Gps

Many people have been complaining on how the GPS partially blocks the rpm counter. I am 6ft tall and I use my seat at the low position on the back and high on the front and have had the same problem.

At first I figure that if I change the GPS mount's angle the problem could be made less bothering. In fact I posted about this earlier on this topic. Just so no one needs to look it up, in short, I suggest loosening up the 4 screwws that hold it in place, twisting the mount the most apropriate angle and tightening the screws back snuggly but not overtight.

Eventhough this adjustment lessens considerably the problem, I was not fully satisfied with the results.

I thought that if I could bend the tube structure that holds the mount forward ( towards the riding direction ) , I could improve things considerably. In fact, I even placed an order at our local dealer for a new tube structure so I could try to bend it off the bike and, if all went through as I expected, I would then replace the original one mounted on the bike. This way, I figured, I would't risk anything.

I am not one of great patience and today I thought I would remove the GPS mount and, while sitting on the bike, I would push it forward to see if it would give in...

I have learn 2 things:

The first and most important to all that are bothered by this problem is that the way this tube structure is mounted on the bike allows for some play in its position. Perhaps this is result that the screws that hold it on the bike are not tight enough but in my case I got to move it forward in such a way that the GPS sits a little higher up, closer the windshield.
after pushing it forward, retightend the tube's holding screws and readjusted the GPS's angle.

Now I can see over the top of the rpm counter !

The second thing I have learned is that the tube structure is very strong as there was no way I could bent in forward when still mounted on the bike... Nice to know that it is so solid !

On monday I am cancealing my order for the tube structure !

Just thought I would share this info with those that are bothered by this problem.

Andre
atg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 04:31 AM   #8879
Aggroman
Adventurer

Oddometer: 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by atg View Post
Many people have been complaining on how the GPS partially blocks the rpm counter. I am 6ft tall and I use my seat at the low position on the back and high on the front and have had the same problem.

At first I figure that if I change the GPS mount's angle the problem could be made less bothering. In fact I posted about this earlier on this topic. Just so no one needs to look it up, in short, I suggest loosening up the 4 screwws that hold it in place, twisting the mount the most apropriate angle and tightening the screws back snuggly but not overtight.

Eventhough this adjustment lessens considerably the problem, I was not fully satisfied with the results.

I thought that if I could bend the tube structure that holds the mount forward ( towards the riding direction ) , I could improve things considerably. In fact, I even placed an order at our local dealer for a new tube structure so I could try to bend it off the bike and, if all went through as I expected, I would then replace the original one mounted on the bike. This way, I figured, I would't risk anything.

I am not one of great patience and today I thought I would remove the GPS mount and, while sitting on the bike, I would push it forward to see if it would give in...

I have learn 2 things:

The first and most important to all that are bothered by this problem is that the way this tube structure is mounted on the bike allows for some play in its position. Perhaps this is result that the screws that hold it on the bike are not tight enough but in my case I got to move it forward in such a way that the GPS sits a little higher up, closer the windshield.
after pushing it forward, retightend the tube's holding screws and readjusted the GPS's angle.

Now I can see over the top of the rpm counter !

The second thing I have learned is that the tube structure is very strong as there was no way I could bent in forward when still mounted on the bike... Nice to know that it is so solid !

On monday I am cancealing my order for the tube structure !

Just thought I would share this info with those that are bothered by this problem.

Andre
Thanks for the tip... really appreciate:

Live to ride
Aggroman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 12:23 PM   #8880
HalB
Adventurer

Oddometer: 52
Did you like the video?
It was full of "front end vibrations" wasn't it?
None seemed weird to me though. Pretty normal wouldn't you say?
I think people that ride on dirt (esp. professionally) will tell you that steering dumpers are like the norm. So... maybe some people pushed the bike (because this bike wants you to push it) a bit more than their confidence level.[/QUOTE]

Yes great. Needed a gravol to watch it though!
HalB is offline   Reply With Quote