ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Trip Planning > Americas
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 05-11-2013, 06:59 PM   #15301
tricepilot
El Gran Payaso
 
tricepilot's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2006
Location: San Antonio
Oddometer: 8,210
Quote:
Originally Posted by SchizzMan View Post
Maybe not such a good idea. From what previous ride group members (people who were there) have told me John's two verifiable attempts to ride the interior of Mexico were abject failures. Expelled from one group over conduct issues and abandoned by another for continually failing to keep up. Try picturing John keeping up with us on one of our rides. Or us trying to keep up with him every evening in the bar.

Both John and Bato have been trolling for me lately and I've been a bit preoccupied with life to bother, but since John can't seem to let it go I will say this: my problem with him has nothing to do with his politics but how he interacts with others and misrepresents pretty much everything to his favor. As he's done today with Trice. Now I'm no man's judge and I'm happy to leave that to a higher authority, but someone coming onto this thread and boasting about physically dominating another ride group member is pretty yucky to me. Then I learned from two others on the ride that John was drunk and the man was 74 years old, 30 years John's senior, and I just want to puke. Sending a old man to his room crying and having shit his pants, as John described in this thread, is disturbing to say the least.

That's my issue with John Gilmer.
Mayte Carranco will be along for our weather update in a moment.....
tricepilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 07:05 PM   #15302
tricepilot
El Gran Payaso
 
tricepilot's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2006
Location: San Antonio
Oddometer: 8,210
MikeMike:

A couple of Texas riders for Veracruz's BMW rally asked me to go with them to the October event, but would it be hideous to let them have at it at the rally while we down langosta at L.M.M. and ride the wild routes in and around the Huasteca......

Musing....
tricepilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 07:33 PM   #15303
SchizzMan
pronounced `skiz-man
 
SchizzMan's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2009
Location: Austin, Tx.
Oddometer: 7,635
Promised pix from Parras last Feb.







And the winery tour last year





__________________
'14 R1200GSA "Der WasserNoggin", '14 KTM 350 XCF-W (plated)

"As long as there's a horizon and I can see it, then I want to know what's there, mentally, physically and visually" - rtwpaul
SchizzMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 07:38 PM   #15304
jimmex
Rider
 
jimmex's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2003
Location: West Texas
Oddometer: 2,232
Quote:
Originally Posted by tricepilot View Post
MikeMike:

A couple of Texas riders for Veracruz's BMW rally asked me to go with them to the October event, but would it be hideous to let them have at it at the rally while we down langosta at L.M.M. and ride the wild routes in and around the Huasteca......

Musing....
I'm in. Just like Durango: go to rally and do not attend cheesy events but opt for self-guided fun. The rally is quite a spectacle, and fun to be around before and after our own rides. Plus we can be led by MM on ten or so of his favorite rides. And I must eat some lomo Argentino at the futbol player's place.
__________________
Guero from Texas
COHVCO
AMA

jimmex screwed with this post 05-11-2013 at 07:43 PM
jimmex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 07:40 PM   #15305
SchizzMan
pronounced `skiz-man
 
SchizzMan's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2009
Location: Austin, Tx.
Oddometer: 7,635
Hmmmmmmmm.......
__________________
'14 R1200GSA "Der WasserNoggin", '14 KTM 350 XCF-W (plated)

"As long as there's a horizon and I can see it, then I want to know what's there, mentally, physically and visually" - rtwpaul
SchizzMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 07:43 PM   #15306
SchizzMan
pronounced `skiz-man
 
SchizzMan's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2009
Location: Austin, Tx.
Oddometer: 7,635
Quote:
Originally Posted by tricepilot View Post
Mayte Carranco will be along for our weather update in a moment.....
Bless her little heart.
__________________
'14 R1200GSA "Der WasserNoggin", '14 KTM 350 XCF-W (plated)

"As long as there's a horizon and I can see it, then I want to know what's there, mentally, physically and visually" - rtwpaul
SchizzMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 07:46 PM   #15307
tricepilot
El Gran Payaso
 
tricepilot's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2006
Location: San Antonio
Oddometer: 8,210
JD's recent photos

Another reason to love Coahuila

tricepilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 07:49 PM   #15308
SchizzMan
pronounced `skiz-man
 
SchizzMan's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2009
Location: Austin, Tx.
Oddometer: 7,635
Thanks go to SR for recommending La Casona del Banco where I made a new friend who showed me around.
__________________
'14 R1200GSA "Der WasserNoggin", '14 KTM 350 XCF-W (plated)

"As long as there's a horizon and I can see it, then I want to know what's there, mentally, physically and visually" - rtwpaul
SchizzMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 07:56 PM   #15309
tricepilot
El Gran Payaso
 
tricepilot's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2006
Location: San Antonio
Oddometer: 8,210
Quote:
Originally Posted by SchizzMan View Post
Thanks go to SR for recommending La Casona del Banco where I made a new friend who showed me around.
SR is our man
tricepilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 08:15 PM   #15310
SchizzMan
pronounced `skiz-man
 
SchizzMan's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2009
Location: Austin, Tx.
Oddometer: 7,635
Big +1 on that. He's the real deal and a class act to boot.
__________________
'14 R1200GSA "Der WasserNoggin", '14 KTM 350 XCF-W (plated)

"As long as there's a horizon and I can see it, then I want to know what's there, mentally, physically and visually" - rtwpaul
SchizzMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 08:25 PM   #15311
PirateJohn
Banned
 
PirateJohn's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2001
Location: Uvalde, TX
Oddometer: 22,219
Quote:
Originally Posted by SchizzMan View Post
Maybe not such a good idea. From what previous ride group members (people who were there) have told me John's two verifiable attempts to ride the interior of Mexico were abject failures. Expelled from one group over conduct issues and abandoned by another for continually failing to keep up. Try picturing John keeping up with us on one of our rides. Or us trying to keep up with him every evening in the bar.

Both John and Bato have been trolling for me lately and I've been a bit preoccupied with life to bother, but since John can't seem to let it go I will say this: my problem with him has nothing to do with his politics but how he interacts with others and misrepresents pretty much everything to his favor. As he's done today with Trice. Now I'm no man's judge and I'm happy to leave that to a higher authority, but someone coming onto this thread and boasting about physically dominating another ride group member is pretty yucky to me. Then I learned from two others on the ride that John was drunk and the man was 74 years old, 30 years John's senior, and I just want to puke. Sending an old man to his room crying and having shit his pants, as John described in this thread, is disturbing to say the least.

That's my issue with John Gilmer.
Preserved for posterity Schizz. As I read this it appears that you have been drinking. Now ... All of us drink (ok, Trice may be a tea totaler ;) and I am pretty forgiving.

But like a ton of this stuff the reality is in the details.

May I suggest that tomorrow we all lighten up? We used to be friends. What happened?


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
PirateJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 08:26 PM   #15312
PirateJohn
Banned
 
PirateJohn's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2001
Location: Uvalde, TX
Oddometer: 22,219
And may I suggest that the comment that Bato was trolling you is funny only from the standpoint that I had no clue.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
PirateJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 08:29 PM   #15313
tricepilot
El Gran Payaso
 
tricepilot's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2006
Location: San Antonio
Oddometer: 8,210
Quote:
Originally Posted by SchizzMan View Post
Big +1 on that. He's the real deal and a class act to boot.
Praying that SR won't leave me alone at the bottom of the canyon separating the states of Durango and Sinaloa next month





The TVIP I got in January is good until the very beginning of July. I'll miss the expiry by about a week.

If I tilt in the Sierra and miss the canx window, well, that's the way God wanted it
tricepilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 08:37 PM   #15314
PirateJohn
Banned
 
PirateJohn's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2001
Location: Uvalde, TX
Oddometer: 22,219
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedro Navaja View Post
Pirate But ditch the tequila idea. There is a brandy you can buy at the San Lorenzo winery (Casa Madero). They make it right there and it comes from the barrel you see below. On the tour I took of the winery I was the only one being given the tour. The guide and I talked a lot about Mexican history. Educated mofo and he let me drink as much as I wanted. Only in Mexico will the tour guide try and get you drunk Bad mistake on my part as I was on a bicycle and had to pedal back to town. I took a nap on a park bench to sleep it off and some dog woke me up later by barking at me as I was napping.



Have fun in Parras! That's me below.

Interesting stuff. I am not into brandy but am trying to learn. I keep running into ladies that want to do wine tours and that has my interest. Evidently northern Baja along the (cough) border has plenty of wineries.

Anyone have recent experience with Mike's Sky Ranch?

Trice? Wake up ... This is your opportunity.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
PirateJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 08:38 PM   #15315
tricepilot
El Gran Payaso
 
tricepilot's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2006
Location: San Antonio
Oddometer: 8,210
Changed my Baja plans with Tim Morton to be fly into San Diego and out of Cabo San Lucas.

I'll leave my truck and the KTM at home.

Tim's bike rental saves me driving out to San Diego as well as waiting/or riding up with his crew from Cabo to San Diego.

All this is in less than 4 months

Time flies
tricepilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 02:22 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014