Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-11-2013, 06:59 PM   #15301
tricepilot
El Gran Payaso

Oddometer: 8,210
Quote:
Originally Posted by SchizzMan View Post
Maybe not such a good idea. From what previous ride group members (people who were there) have told me John's two verifiable attempts to ride the interior of Mexico were abject failures. Expelled from one group over conduct issues and abandoned by another for continually failing to keep up. Try picturing John keeping up with us on one of our rides. Or us trying to keep up with him every evening in the bar.

Both John and Bato have been trolling for me lately and I've been a bit preoccupied with life to bother, but since John can't seem to let it go I will say this: my problem with him has nothing to do with his politics but how he interacts with others and misrepresents pretty much everything to his favor. As he's done today with Trice. Now I'm no man's judge and I'm happy to leave that to a higher authority, but someone coming onto this thread and boasting about physically dominating another ride group member is pretty yucky to me. Then I learned from two others on the ride that John was drunk and the man was 74 years old, 30 years John's senior, and I just want to puke. Sending a old man to his room crying and having shit his pants, as John described in this thread, is disturbing to say the least.

That's my issue with John Gilmer.
Mayte Carranco will be along for our weather update in a moment.....
tricepilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 07:05 PM   #15302
tricepilot
El Gran Payaso

MikeMike:

A couple of Texas riders for Veracruz's BMW rally asked me to go with them to the October event, but would it be hideous to let them have at it at the rally while we down langosta at L.M.M. and ride the wild routes in and around the Huasteca......

Musing....
Old 05-11-2013, 07:33 PM   #15303
SchizzMan
pronounced `skiz-man

Oddometer: 7,635
Promised pix from Parras last Feb.

And the winery tour last year

"As long as there's a horizon and I can see it, then I want to know what's there, mentally, physically and visually" - rtwpaul
SchizzMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 07:38 PM   #15304
jimmex
Rider

Oddometer: 2,232
Quote:
Originally Posted by tricepilot View Post
MikeMike:

A couple of Texas riders for Veracruz's BMW rally asked me to go with them to the October event, but would it be hideous to let them have at it at the rally while we down langosta at L.M.M. and ride the wild routes in and around the Huasteca......

Musing....
I'm in. Just like Durango: go to rally and do not attend cheesy events but opt for self-guided fun. The rally is quite a spectacle, and fun to be around before and after our own rides. Plus we can be led by MM on ten or so of his favorite rides. And I must eat some lomo Argentino at the futbol player's place.

jimmex screwed with this post 05-11-2013 at 07:43 PM
jimmex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 07:40 PM   #15305
SchizzMan
pronounced `skiz-man

Hmmmmmmmm.......

"As long as there's a horizon and I can see it, then I want to know what's there, mentally, physically and visually" - rtwpaul
Old 05-11-2013, 07:43 PM   #15306
SchizzMan
pronounced `skiz-man

Quote:
Originally Posted by tricepilot View Post
Mayte Carranco will be along for our weather update in a moment.....
Bless her little heart.

Old 05-11-2013, 07:46 PM   #15307
tricepilot
El Gran Payaso

JD's recent photos

Another reason to love Coahuila

Old 05-11-2013, 07:49 PM   #15308
SchizzMan
pronounced `skiz-man

Thanks go to SR for recommending La Casona del Banco where I made a new friend who showed me around.

Old 05-11-2013, 07:56 PM   #15309
tricepilot
El Gran Payaso

Quote:
Thanks go to SR for recommending La Casona del Banco where I made a new friend who showed me around.
SR is our man
Old 05-11-2013, 08:15 PM   #15310
SchizzMan
pronounced `skiz-man

Big +1 on that. He's the real deal and a class act to boot.

Old 05-11-2013, 08:25 PM   #15311
PirateJohn
Banned

Oddometer: 22,219
Quote:
Maybe not such a good idea. From what previous ride group members (people who were there) have told me John's two verifiable attempts to ride the interior of Mexico were abject failures. Expelled from one group over conduct issues and abandoned by another for continually failing to keep up. Try picturing John keeping up with us on one of our rides. Or us trying to keep up with him every evening in the bar.

Both John and Bato have been trolling for me lately and I've been a bit preoccupied with life to bother, but since John can't seem to let it go I will say this: my problem with him has nothing to do with his politics but how he interacts with others and misrepresents pretty much everything to his favor. As he's done today with Trice. Now I'm no man's judge and I'm happy to leave that to a higher authority, but someone coming onto this thread and boasting about physically dominating another ride group member is pretty yucky to me. Then I learned from two others on the ride that John was drunk and the man was 74 years old, 30 years John's senior, and I just want to puke. Sending an old man to his room crying and having shit his pants, as John described in this thread, is disturbing to say the least.

That's my issue with John Gilmer.
Preserved for posterity Schizz. As I read this it appears that you have been drinking. Now ... All of us drink (ok, Trice may be a tea totaler ;) and I am pretty forgiving.

But like a ton of this stuff the reality is in the details.

May I suggest that tomorrow we all lighten up? We used to be friends. What happened?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
PirateJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 08:26 PM   #15312
PirateJohn
Banned

And may I suggest that the comment that Bato was trolling you is funny only from the standpoint that I had no clue.

Old 05-11-2013, 08:29 PM   #15313
tricepilot
El Gran Payaso

Quote:
Big +1 on that. He's the real deal and a class act to boot.
Praying that SR won't leave me alone at the bottom of the canyon separating the states of Durango and Sinaloa next month

The TVIP I got in January is good until the very beginning of July. I'll miss the expiry by about a week.

If I tilt in the Sierra and miss the canx window, well, that's the way God wanted it
Old 05-11-2013, 08:37 PM   #15314
PirateJohn
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedro Navaja View Post
Pirate But ditch the tequila idea. There is a brandy you can buy at the San Lorenzo winery (Casa Madero). They make it right there and it comes from the barrel you see below. On the tour I took of the winery I was the only one being given the tour. The guide and I talked a lot about Mexican history. Educated mofo and he let me drink as much as I wanted. Only in Mexico will the tour guide try and get you drunk Bad mistake on my part as I was on a bicycle and had to pedal back to town. I took a nap on a park bench to sleep it off and some dog woke me up later by barking at me as I was napping.

Have fun in Parras! That's me below.

Interesting stuff. I am not into brandy but am trying to learn. I keep running into ladies that want to do wine tours and that has my interest. Evidently northern Baja along the (cough) border has plenty of wineries.

Anyone have recent experience with Mike's Sky Ranch?

Trice? Wake up ... This is your opportunity.

Old 05-11-2013, 08:38 PM   #15315
tricepilot
El Gran Payaso

Changed my Baja plans with Tim Morton to be fly into San Diego and out of Cabo San Lucas.

I'll leave my truck and the KTM at home.

Tim's bike rental saves me driving out to San Diego as well as waiting/or riding up with his crew from Cabo to San Diego.

All this is in less than 4 months

Time flies