Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-07-2013, 05:04 PM   #1936
Mudclod
Mojo Moto

Oddometer: 1,382
Quote:
Originally Posted by lpr22 View Post
I live in abilene, tx. I am always up to go riding whether it be trails or county roads. Right now I am mapping out a route from Abilene to San Saba using county roads and FM roads and plan on going in the middle of may.
Man have you got some choices!

Down Texas Way
Mudclod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 07:29 PM   #1937
lpr22
Adventurer

Oddometer: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudclod View Post
Man have you got some choices!
Hahaha yeah it almost makes it a headache to map out a route. I try to always pick the roads with the most curves, so that helps a little with the elimination process.
lpr22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 07:55 AM   #1938
SATEX
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,148
Ride to Oregon

Here's a thread I started that may be of some interest here, especially to the San Antonio and South Texas guys.... http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=871012
'03 KTM 640AdvR - Sold, and I miss her
Several other KTMs, Suzukis, etc.
SATEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 05:28 PM   #1939
timbercat
Texas ADV Rider

Oddometer: 129
Soooo who is riding where?
http://tinyurl.com/timbercat-spot
Texas to Georgia to Texas to Washington State to Texas. (15 States) - June 2013
timbercat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 09:31 PM   #1940
Taranis
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 340
Checkin' in in Houston

People in the TE610 thread know me, but I haven't posted much in the Texas forum yet.

Moved from Cali to Houston back in January, and starting to get settled in. I'm in the middle of a rebuild on my YZ while I wait for a cush hub wheel to show up for the TE610. Also have an SV650 that needs to be finished. Fortunately, my garage can accommodate all this stupidity.

Hoping to get the YZ together this week and shake it down next weekend locally.
Old 06-04-2013, 12:06 PM   #1941
mineolaman
Adventurer

Oddometer: 27
Hey fellas

I'm Shawn from Pampa, near Amarillo. Thought i'd say howdy and see if anyone in the Texas panhandle or Oklahoma ever put together any organized rides or get togethers. I have a buddy that I ride with, both of us on DRZ 400E's that we converted to street legal. We would love to ride with some of you guys if ya'll let us know where and when. Thanks!
email at build14u@yahoo.com
mineolaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 09:15 PM   #1942
Apple knocker
n00b

Oddometer: 3
in Houston

Just moved here to Houston and have my little klx250 I brought with me trying to find places to go but sadly I didn't bring my truck with me and I dare not attempt the highway with it. Was thinking about taking back roads up to Sam Houston and camping out and looking for people around to ride around with.
Apple knocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 02:51 PM   #1943
tattoogunman
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 585
Is there anyplace remotely close to the greater Dallas area that allows for some, um, urban sprawl free riding? I've only been back two years and I'm really starting to remember why I wanted out of this city all those years ago. I've been gone nearly 20 years and it's only gotten worse.
tattoogunman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 02:56 PM   #1944
DirtRideRoader
Armed and Dangerous

Oddometer: 401
Quote:
Originally Posted by tattoogunman View Post
Is there anyplace remotely close to the greater Dallas area that allows for some, um, urban sprawl free riding? I've only been back two years and I'm really starting to remember why I wanted out of this city all those years ago. I've been gone nearly 20 years and it's only gotten worse.

Colorado is nice this time of year.
IBA #23263
DirtRideRoader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 04:11 PM   #1945
veriest1
Grand NOOBlet

Oddometer: 1,870
Quote:
Originally Posted by tattoogunman View Post
You can try head south into the Venus/Maypearl area. Fantastic? Not really but it's fair as far as paved stuff goes.

Sent from my HTC using magic.
veriest1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 04:22 PM   #1946
slowoldguy
Tire Tester

Oddometer: 7,861
Larry. Why are you sending him there? lol Something twisty you are hiding from me?

Where in Dallas? Good stuff once you get an hour of so out southeast towards Fairfield or southwest towards Glen Rose. Kinda need to know your parameters for what is "close in".

slowoldguy screwed with this post 06-17-2013 at 05:00 PM
slowoldguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 09:31 PM   #1947
veriest1
Grand NOOBlet

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowoldguy View Post
Larry. Why are you sending him there? lol Something twisty you are hiding from me?

Where in Dallas? Good stuff once you get an hour of so out southeast towards Fairfield or southwest towards Glen Rose. Kinda need to know your parameters for what is "close in".
Simply because it's closer to Dallas than Glen Rose.

There are some high speed sweeper roads out there south of Venus running East to West (or West to East if you prefer).

I haven't fully explored the area. So far I've only found a single bland dirt road at the edge of Johnson County. The more interesting stuff is paved... probably big DS territory. A lot of this is poorly maintained and would beat a sport bike or your Harley to death.

Old 06-18-2013, 06:27 AM   #1948
Tex76
Motersykle Advntyers

Oddometer: 830
Tattoo, you are in my hood! Unfortunately that sucks for both of us. SlowOldGuy is right, it's an hour in the saddle for us before we escape the deathly clutch of Dallas pavement, just pick a direction and ride away. Or if you need a weekday fix, there's a little "home-made" single track at the SE corner of George Bush and Campbell. It isn't much but it's fun if you're in the area. Take the biggest, heaviest bike you have, makes things much more interesting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
The Lost Texan, Wanders East
Tex76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 08:14 AM   #1949
JGPAGE2
Adventurer

Oddometer: 49
nOOb

WHATS UP YALL! Im not new to motor cycles but a little new to adventure riding. From TX origanly, lived in VA for about 18 years and moved back to Elgin. I ride my new crf250l to austin most days and look for places to turn off the pavment here and thier. Would love to try and take a weekend camping trip on the little crf some where or go on a ride. Maybe its my noob ness showing but i did not see a calander for events and rides. can any one tell me how events are organized in this forum? Look forward to meeting.
Old 07-17-2013, 09:58 AM   #1950
veriest1
Grand NOOBlet

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGPAGE2 View Post
WHATS UP YALL! Im not new to motor cycles but a little new to adventure riding. From TX origanly, lived in VA for about 18 years and moved back to Elgin. I ride my new crf250l to austin most days and look for places to turn off the pavment here and thier. Would love to try and take a weekend camping trip on the little crf some where or go on a ride. Maybe its my noob ness showing but i did not see a calander for events and rides. can any one tell me how events are organized in this forum? Look forward to meeting.
Well there's our annual CenTex rally coming up in October (Roll the Bones). Otherwise we pretty much just fly by the seat of our pants. Normally someone will be riding on Saturdays and Sundays.

Check the Austin Area urban Dual Sport threads too. I think there's one on here and on Two Wheel Texans.