ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > West – California, the desert southwest and whatever is left
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-06-2013, 02:13 PM   #61
AnyDay
Wants more time off

Oddometer: 233
Quote:
Originally Posted by a41capt View Post
Schnebly Hill Road is more than passable on an adventure bike, and Forest Road 240 from there to Mormon Lake is bladed gravel. The ride up from Sedona is about a half hour as well as another 15 to 20 minutes over 240.

Anybody traveling that way is required to stop in at the Pinewood Fire Station (right on the 240 road in Munds Park) to say Hi to me and the other ADV rider boys on duty... Additionally, the Forest Service has shut down a few roads in the area, but I have free maps of the Coconino National Forest in my office that I'll be happy to hand out to anyone stopping (until they run out anyway!).

So, stop by for a cup of coffee and some bike talk. You can't miss the station, and we love company.

John
I'll be dropping down from 40 Wed afternoon. Hoping to have time to stop in, say hello, and have a coffee. (Schnebly sounds fun, but I don't want to get stuck out there alone if something 'silly' happens.)
AnyDay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 01:45 PM   #62
incudie
DVNO

Oddometer: 17
Expo

Looks like I'll be riding out from California on Wed to come check it out and do the RawHyde training too. Looking forward to the 7 hour desert ride . See you all there.
incudie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 05:11 PM   #63
Dpac
Adventurer

Oddometer: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by nylon2000 View Post
Clearly i decided to ride it BEFORE i realized it's close to 3,000 miles!
I hope your BMW is tons more comfortable than my Husky, I'm thinking my upcoming 700 mi of Az rocks and asphalt to the Expo and back will be a fair amount, but wow 3K on a 650.... Impressed!

2013 BMW F800GS
Tucson, Az
Dpac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 01:48 PM   #64
azwheelin
Adventurer

Oddometer: 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rallyroo View Post
If you want to stay in a hotel haunted by ghosts, you can try the Hotel Monte Vista in Downtown Flagstaff. Get some pics of the ghosts for us while you're there.
The wife and I are coming up from Phoenix and will be staying at the Monte Vista in Flag. It's a great location to park the bike and walk to some decent restaurants and bars. The next day we're heading to Jerome for the day and will spend the night there as well. Makes for a mini vacation away from the kids. We'll be on the red wee, be sure to say hi.
azwheelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 02:08 PM   #65
AnyDay
Wants more time off

Oddometer: 233
This time next week I'll be almost there. Not that I'm counting down or anything : )
AnyDay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 08:40 PM   #66
TFB43
Adventurer

Oddometer: 66
Leaving Tuesday on the F800 from western Ky. Not sure if i am camping or not. But bringing the tent and quarters just in case.
TFB43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 09:29 AM   #67
divrnr
ROAD WARRIOR

Oddometer: 86
Is there a dedicated motorcycle camping area?

I don't want to camp next to Ma and Pa Kettle and the family camper like last year...

I live in Phoenix but I'm coming in from Puebla (near Mexico City) after visiting my sis. Just look for a "rode hard and put away wet" Buell Uly with a doofy guy with a yellow ADV sticker on the helmet...I've been pulled over 2 times by the Federales and they think it's some kind of law enforcement badge/sticker... Hey it got me out of paying 2 "mordidas" Of couse I still have a long way to go to get to the US and I'm trying to not pay any bribes this time...

It's going to be tough at the border, some A$$hole stole my license plate! I only have a paper copy I made before the trip. Note to self, next time use the paper copy in MX... Sorry I'm ramblin', not much sleep, I'm in one of those "no tell motels" outside of San Luis Potosi and the people next door have been "doing it" all night... I just want to knock on the door and tell the guy he's my hero!
Old 05-11-2013, 06:20 PM   #68
slowpoke
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by incudie View Post
Looks like I'll be riding out from California on Wed to come check it out and do the RawHyde training too. Looking forward to the 7 hour desert ride . See you all there.
I signed up for the training also. Figured it was the only time I could do the course. I'll be on the BMW 800gs
slowpoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 10:21 PM   #69
Averse2work
όber n00b

Oddometer: 9
Is there a dedicated motorcycle camping area?

Quote:
Originally Posted by divrnr View Post
I don't want to camp next to Ma and Pa Kettle and the family camper like last year...
There doesn't appear to be a dedicated area for motorcycles, but the organizers say on the website that groups are welcome to stake out large areas. I guess if you got there early enough and found some like-minded people.....

The campground opens at 1:00 PM on Thursday.
Averse2work is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 02:36 PM   #70
ashlandmine
Adventurer

Oddometer: 71
I will be heading out of the Phoenix Area on Friday Morning. Camping out and returning on Saturday afternoon. If anyone coming from the PHX area is heading out Friday, let me know.

04- KTM 300 EXC
08- KLR 650
ashlandmine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 04:25 PM   #71
Reidy008
I,m in if we go fast

Oddometer: 1,878
Heading that way

I am going to be heading north late Saturday and camping the night somewhere, heading to the Expo and home Sunday afternoon. Got to work until 4pm Saturday so can't go earlier.
Reidy008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 05:00 PM   #72
lonekazoo
Adventurer

Oddometer: 47
Three of us are riding down from Northern Utah on sport touring bikes to camp for a couple nights and take in the Expo. If someone is staking off an ADV group site, we'd like to hear about it. Always nice to camp with other riders (and people who will help me pick up my Concours when I drop it in the dirt).
lonekazoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 05:53 PM   #73
CafeRacer99
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 372
Quote:
Originally Posted by lonekazoo View Post
Three of us are riding down from Northern Utah on sport touring bikes to camp for a couple nights and take in the Expo. If someone is staking off an ADV group site, we'd like to hear about it. Always nice to camp with other riders (and people who will help me pick up my Concours when I drop it in the dirt).
Yeah, that would be great if someone stakes off an ADV area. I won't get there until Friday evening, or I would do it.

If so, let us know in here.
Old 05-12-2013, 07:55 PM   #74
Dpac
Adventurer

Oddometer: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by CafeRacer99 View Post
Yeah, that would be great if someone stakes off an ADV area. I won't get there until Friday evening, or I would do it.

If so, let us know in here.
We'll be arriving sometime Friday before noon from Tucson, camping off of our Huskys mine (TE630) and Gmoney's (TR650 Terra) we 'll look out for Inmates staking the grounds, really looking forward to this event!

2013 BMW F800GS
Tucson, Az
Dpac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 08:00 PM   #75
nylon2000
Wanderer

Oddometer: 253
There is a moto camping area. I can't remember where, but it's mentioned in the emails.

The expedition
About the bike
nylon2000 is offline   Reply With Quote